Pruning and topping your plant to increase yield

Also was upset when i first found out Lebron was going to L.A cause hes always been a player i hated since Kobe vs Lebron days lol but shoot if he gets us to the playoffs this year i cant knock him. I can only say i hate him as a person but like how he plays now :joy:

1 Like

@NOo_Reggie bruh literally feel the same exact low key was tight he came to the Lakers but then I was like we are going to win again so whatever

1 Like

Can anyone explain training the branches? Is that just bending them out of the way?
I topped my plant yesterday night and by morning I had 2 new sites grown past the cut, very exciting however I feel my plant is growing very wide and am afraid to prune to much or the wrong thing15409382667709166469508745286654|375x500 z

1 Like

6 Likes

You can bend/ tie down / move the plant however you like to form the shape you want … I topped and made my branches split like a wide y in order for other branches to grow straight up for maximum light exposure but it’s all how you like … but the idea is move the growth the way you want to attain maximum light to all bud future bud sites

3 Likes

@Blackthumb,
https://www.allgrowers.com/search?q=pruning
https://www.allgrowers.com/search?q=topping

No more than 20% of the plant gets pruned in flowering stage… Learn more as you read and watch… :wink::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::groboone::green_thumb::herb:

6 Likes

Hi Guys just wanted some advice as my plant is still growing and not flowering. I lollypopped it over tine and wasnt sure if I took to much off and what I should do now? Thanks for all the support

4 Likes

Your plant looks great and to me it’s just not ready to show. My girl stretched for a while before she showed as well. Right now I would just sit back and wait. Looks to me like a great job lollypopping just pluck those little ones trying to grow and your good.

1 Like

Thanks Chris I appreciate the reply. Just to be certain I should no longer top the plant correct?

1 Like

@Blackthumb,

https://www.allgrowers.com/search?q=pruning%20and%20topping
We can ask @stephen what he thinks?.. :thinking:

2 Likes

I’d recommend light defoliating a lot more in the canopy to make it so the most possible bud sites can receive the light they need to grow you beautiful buds. <3

3 Likes

Thanks for sharing. Very helpful.

1 Like

This is my first grow and I’m on week 7. Which leaves should I trim off? It’s looking crowded in there.

3 Likes

Start from the bottom and seek out the fan leaves that are blocking light. No more than 20% is the general rule of thumb. Most of the bottom should go.

3 Likes

Most definitely those dead leaves on the bottom! They will attract pests

4 Likes

@lakersps,

((#Lollipopping))… :wink:

2 Likes

What happens when the top of the plant reaches the top of the box?

3 Likes

@lakersps,

((#HittingTheLight))… ((#SomeReads))… :thinking::wink:

4 Likes

You need to super crop for sure

Pick a spot to bend and soften the stem so that when you bend to 90 degrees it doesn’t snap. Looks like you may need to do a lot. Where are you in your current stage?

4 Likes

Good work cleaning up your plant though!

3 Likes