First Grow (Tangerine Dream)

Little update of my grow. Still seems on the right track and I’ve been leaving her alone to grow so that I don’t bother her. Now that everything is going well should I be looking at doing a little grooming now ? Just looking for people’s ideas thanks! :sunglasses::sunglasses::sunglasses:

7 Likes

Yes for sure! You can get rid of the lower bigger fan leaves for a start. Have you topped her at all?

3 Likes

I would trim the lower fan leaves that aren’t getting any light, ie. closest to the lid. Have you topped it yet?

7 Likes

No haven’t topped it yet I guess I should ?

5 Likes

If it’s not an auto and you have at least 4-6 nodes then yep!

4 Likes

Just a little update and pics on my grow. Moved my box down to the basement and seems to be easier to keep temps and RH in my basement. Hitting the road for the weekend so I’m curious to see how much it grows when I get back :sunglasses::sunglasses::+1:

6 Likes

12 Likes

Lookin good!

Go leafs :+1::joy:

3 Likes

I’m pretty sure you need your humidity way up mid 50’s to mid 60’s I grabbed a humidifier from Costco for pretty resonable. Something to consider

1 Like

I have a little cool air humidifier that I have started to run to pull it up. I brought in my outdoor furniture to a storage room and had the dehumidifier running constantly to make sure it was dry. Just set that one to 50 and closed the door so I’m hoping to pull it up in a couple days. :+1:

2 Likes

Back from my little trip and it’s crazy how quick it grows. Battling the RH right now with the decrease in temp outside and the furnace running regularly now. Looks healthy though so I’m not overly worried about it. Here’s my weekly pictures!

9 Likes

Nice! She’s really filling out, looks really healthy :ok_hand:

3 Likes

Got a question about trimming. How often should I be doing this ? I’ve read a lot but just looking for some experience as I don’t want to be doing it too much but my plant is growing fast so I want to do what’s best. Any tips/advice on what works best for people in the past would be great!

Here’s some update pics too! :sunglasses:

7 Likes

@Brad,

((#YouTubeVideo)): :video_camera:

https://www.allgrowers.com/search?q=youtubevideo%20user%3Asilvergrobo

--

Dew

[#ChampionToMe] :clap:

((#ForTheWin)): :clap:

((#YouTubeVideo)): :video_camera:(:point_up:) Above here watch the videos to see:

((#TooTall)): :giraffe:

https://www.allgrowers.com/search?q=hitting%20the%20light--

((#PinchTwistBendRepeat)):

((#ClickForMore)): :point_down:

Summary

((#ExpandCollapse)): :arrow_up::arrow_down:

--

--

:wink:

--

--

:crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers:

6 Likes

You can also tuck leaves underneath others around your bud sites, but if it’s really dense, which is looks to be on the dense side, just trim some of the leaves internally and at the bottom to allow for air flow. You’re going to clean up the bottom most likely anyway so can always start early. Just give her good recovery in between haircuts, and if it’s too much, trial and error my friend. Good rule of thumb is remove no more than 20% of your foliage at one time :+1:

6 Likes

I’ve been away from my place for roughly 2 weeks for work so I haven’t seen my plant in a while but here’s it is. Stretched out a lot since I left it’s amazing what a couple weeks does!

6 Likes

So I went away over the weekend and my plant stretched a ton in 3 days. So much it’s now touching the top of the unit. Should I be worried about this ?

5 Likes

Hey @Brad, you’ll want to slowly start super cropping (bending stems away from unit ceiling) especially bud sites that will actually hit the light as this will burn your flowers and ruin them. Hope this helps-

6 Likes

Alright sounds good I’ll start this later in the day!

2 Likes

You can also take out some leaves if you haven’t already. Any not getting light esp the bigger fan leaves or ones blocking your bud sites. Keep roughly a foot of canopy. My current grow is that tall also I pushed my coco pod down about an inch and a half for a little more room. Just a couple more things that can help with harvest :+1:

4 Likes