AYAHUASCA Purple- First Grow in grobo vs Incredible Bulk in closet

She hit the second fan, and is now in day 5 of transition mode. I haven’t trimmed any leaf that was brown so far. I’m hesitant to start clipping away at fan leaves. Should I leave it be for now?

7 Likes

No, now is the time to lollipop, and fet rid of the top fan leaves covering bud sites. I’d also fim/top as many sites as I could find to garner as many bud sites to develop as possible :+1::v:

7 Likes

Lots of trimming going on w everyone’s grows :call_me_hand:

5 Likes

I took the plunge and started removing the larger fan leaves at the top of the Purple. I removed some of the lower ones also that were turning a little yellow. I can’t tell if I went overboard yet. No signs of hatred since I completed 2 days ago. I can just start to see white fiber like tenticles appearing on it. I think I’ll have to tie up some of the branches for support. The outdoor grow, has a stalk closer to diameter of a nickel. Is that because of age, or growth indoors? Might be easier for me to figure out if I’d planted two of same strain.

The incredible bulk is staying outside at this point for the last couple of week. Flowering is going well, I’ve removed a few more of the fan leaves on this one as well. With the exposure to sunlight this thing has taken off. I’m just going to keep an eye on them both and leave alone at this point. I feel like I dont have an in between. I was afraid to remove too many leaves, but I ended up with 2 medium sized piles for both.

6 Likes

Looks good well done :+1:

3 Likes

@Nathan,

((#Lollipopping)): :lollipop:

https://www.allgrowers.com/search?q=lollipopping

https://www.allgrowers.com/search?q=lollipopping%20user%3Asilvergrobo

((#SomeReads)): :open_book:

--

((#YouTubeVideo)): :video_camera:

https://www.allgrowers.com/search?q=youtubevideo%20user%3Asilvergrobo

--

:wink::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::sparkling_heart::green_thumb:

4 Likes

The flowering stretch has been pretty aggressive. I’ve super cropped twice and pushed the plant through to the bottom. I hope it stops soon, not sure where else I have more space to bend or tie down. I dont think I’m going to yield much this round, but for my first run at it with hydro, I’m not devastated.

I’ve only accidentally cut one bud site so far, but I was definitely rushing when it happened. Should I keep removing some of the fan leaves on the right side ?

The Incredible Bulk I’ll likely be able to start drying in a few more weeks. It’s getting pretty cold outside now, so this will be just about in time. Yield will be more, but this strain seems pretty friendly.

Next year im definitely buying 25 gallon fabric pots to try again.

Do I need to keep trimming the incredible bulk still?

6 Likes

Doesn’t look like bulk needs to be trimmed maybe grobo on right side like u said. Lookin good :+1:

3 Likes

So the incredible bulk is finally drying and I completed the initial trim. Couple more days and then I’ll cure in jars. Tried a sample that I’d dried already, and it has a good mid level indic buzz. There is ZERO tatse, and my wife said “jeez what did you grow, that should be infused with toothpaste :joy:” . Not sure of the final weight yet, but it will be good enough for a quick smoke. I’d consider crossing this with Runtz to try and increase the yield and potency. I only took a pic after the first couple of colas, there are 5 others not pictured. With the movement indoors after the weather change, and the changes I’m okay with this run. Now focused on the grobo from here out.

3 Likes

I have 3 days left of flowering… what a crazy difference in strain and results. This beauty has blossomed well in the last 3 weeks. I was going to extend flowering l, but should I just let it move into the flush? The AYAHUASCA is so sticky! I have really high hopes that this one is going to be pretty damn good.

So excited that I want to find someone with a used grobo for sale nearby!

13 Likes

@Nathan,

((#Harvest)): :clap:

--

:wink::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::sparkling_heart:

@buzzy6,

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&q=is+shaman+medicine+banned+

Summary

((#TheMoreYouknow)): :brain:

--

:wink:

1 Like

Yeah I am a retired psychotherapist and my practice primarily was with PTSD. I had several Vets over the years and others travel
tell me of their experiences with native medicine. Great stuff and you’re right! I hear it is life alter and is said to help ease PTSD

1 Like

Oh, its so sticky!! Last night finally chopped down the AYAHUASCA. There is a vast difference in the level of moisture. Will definitely need more time to dry than incredible bulk. I am sure that I wont need to intake as much. I’m germinating critical pineapple now, can’t wait to try round #2. Time to get these hung up. The goals that were up higher are deep purple in comparison.

13 Likes

Looks delicious!

4 Likes

Hey @Nathan,

Nice run there, it does look covered in snow! Enjoy the fruits of his labour.

Stephen

6 Likes

This is a fine looking plant and well named…lol! Just curious because I have been study recently about shaman medicine because I retired and have nothing better to do. Is the actual plant banned in North America and/or restricted to the Amazon?

Curious

1 Like

Great treat for PTSD and other ailments

1 Like

looks delicious? How did it turn out? Do you remember final yield. #givethepeoplesomeupdates!

1 Like

I wish I’d taken pics of the jar after curing. I completely forgot and started on my next grow. Switching to pineapple chunk now. So I will say it yielded 1.3 oz dried. I’m hoping for much more on this next grow. I’m going to try fimming and some other techniques to try and increase the yield. The quality was superb, but I feel like my soil grows worked out better. In the end, the grobo is convenient and it worked. But I am really questioning how you could get above 2oz from this thing.

I did learn that it isnt dosing a damn thing when the wifi is interrupted. This round I switched to a dedicated access point for the grobo. I would probably buy a used one to have a second. I’m going to hit the grow hard outdoors this spring, that way it should matter much less.

4 Likes