Auto-Flower question

@Cornholio,
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=auto+flowering+pot+plants
:wink::herb::video_camera::tv:

2 Likes

Autos do have an ‘internal clock’ that triggers them to flower. Most basically start flowering after 2-4 weeks of growth. That being said, with all of the genetic mixing of Ruderallis with sativa/indica, you will see some reacting differently than others. There are many different types of Auto Northern Lights genetics out there from several different breeders. I will sometimes see a difference of several days when pulling ripe flowers down from the same strain too. So to distil my ramblings,

TLDR;
Stress can delay an auto from auto-ing.

Stephen

9 Likes

That bottom vid was mesmerising.

2 Likes

When germinating an auto is the light suppose to be on an 18 on 6 off schedule?

1 Like

Yup, this is correct.

Stephen

2 Likes

Soon as it sprouts I’d have it on 20/4 cycle autos love that light :sunny:

2 Likes

Another feature I wouldn’t mind seeing is being able to adjust the light, for what you just said there, then we can change the time of lighting as well if 20/4 is your preference. Might not be worth their time but could be beneficial to some?

4 Likes

First auto try for me and I guess I’ll find out but when its out of the ten day germinating phase I’m assuming the lights change to something like that? I think I read 22 on 2 off…

2 Likes

All the research I’ve done all pointed me towards a 20/4 cycle for best yield

3 Likes

I’ll have to see what it does, maybe I can put a ticket in if it’s not on that schedule.

2 Likes

The only reason I think they would have it at 22/2 would be to minimize the height of the plant

2 Likes

I like ur idea @Russel_Richardson with light switching but I also think that should be part of the “recipe”. I know grobo is new and this would probably help but think it should be structured for beta testing and recipe updates, just to keep it more automated. :+1::-1::man_shrugging:

3 Likes

I think I have the same problem my first time growing I learnt how to top and lst so I did and done nothing but worry she’s under 20/4 light cycle it’s week 5 days I feel it should be much bigger then she is man just all of a sudden she’s exploding daily so I think I might be okay let me know guys ?

2 Likes

1 Like

U topped her? Normally I read that ppl don’t top autos but I have yet to try an auto so unsure :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

Typically, yeah. I mean I guess you can if you want. But look at @Stephane 's blueberry auto, pretty sure nothing was done to it and it looks fantastic

3 Likes

I didn’t do anything to my blueberry auto other than a good feed once a week and some water when required. The reason they say not to top or do anything drastic to an auto flowering cannabis plant is because as soon as you see a tiny seedling the clock begins. So you really shouldn’t give your plant too much stress as it won’t have enough time to recover and it will start flowering when it is much smaller than it should be. Mind you I have also read some success stories with auto flowering plants and different training methods.

2 Likes

Also it was outdoors, which makes a huge difference :+1::v:

2 Likes

Topping only agrees with certain autoflower strains apparently this one is one that doesn’t

2 Likes

@B_s_growing_Love,

((#Welcome)):

:wave::wink:

((#Autos)):

https://www.allgrowers.com/search?q=Autos%20user%3Astephen

((#SomeReads)): :open_book: