First Grow: Skywalker OG Kush

So Iā€™ve been insanely busy this week and havenā€™t even opened the grobo. Ummmā€¦ the stem is thickening and looking less rottenā€¦ itā€™s still growingā€¦ whats happennnnningā€¦ should I keep her going and expect a low yeild/low quality, or start over? Is she gonna be more sensitive to more mature issues. I mean, the fan leaves donā€™t look super healthy, but they arenā€™t much worse than they were. Maybe run an experiment for the community at my own expense? Idk, anyone curious to see how this pans out???

3 Likes

#UST (Ultra stress training)

1 Like

She could recover ultimately
Mine did and that part darkened like yours and kept going. Might need some support. Totally up to you. If its stressing the plant out it might be beneficial to your grow or quality. The fact shes still so healthy leads me to believe shes recovering

1 Like

Some examples of what mine looked like recovered

3 Likes

Wow awesome! But yea good point. It may be stressful now, but may strengthen her up in the long run assuming the nutrient paths are still flowing. If it starts getting to heavy Iā€™ll add some vertical support. Lets give it another week eh???

5 Likes

@Speagler,

• (#Your Bud Sites are Highlighting): :innocent:

• (I Totally Want To See Her Make It): :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :sparkling_heart:

• (#DampingOff):

https://www.allgrowers.com/t/grobo-outdoor-transplants-auto-kush/5520/11

https://www.allgrowers.com/t/grobo-outdoor-transplants-auto-kush/5520/15

https://www.allgrowers.com/t/plant-falling-over-damping-off/907/11

- - -

• (EvenStephenSays): (ItHappensToTheBestOfUs): [:duck: _Tape] :rofl:

https://www.allgrowers.com/t/community-grow-photos/508/498?u=

- - -

(RIP): (ClickHere):
  • ((#RIP)): :sob: ((#IFeelYourPain)): :sob: ((#SorryForYourLoss)): :sob:

[ https://www.allgrowers.com/search?q=rip ]:

Green Crack - Sativa - Grows - #6 by SilverGrobo - Share Your Grow - AllGrowers Forum | Hydroponics, Harvesting, Cannabis, and more

• (SoSorryThisHappened): (HeartEquals): :equals: :cry:

--

• (RIP): :hole: :coffin: :sob:

--

2 Likes

Keep her alive and give her a shot! I agree with the advice to support and prop up the stem. Try to avoid bending it like that in the photos. See how she does in 1 week. The new leaf growth and bud sites look good.

1 Like

2 Likes

I was going to prop it up, but the plant has already grown upwards. If the weight of the plant starts affecting the stem Iā€™ll support the plant. But i think straightening it might break it.

1 Like

Just a wild guess, but would some duct tape work with helping the recovery and support the stem? Iā€™ve seen in many youtube videos and many of them are using duct tape to tape up broken branches and stems while super cropping

1 Like

Ive used cut starws or filters. Be careful what you use

1 Like

I used plumbing tape. But I have seen others use duct tape or electrical tape. From what I read they say the adhesive will lose strength and come off no problem.

1 Like

Iā€™m actually more worried about standing it back up. Itā€™s been fallen over for over a week now, the plants redirected growing, and the stem is getting thicker! Plants taking off again! Iā€™m gonna trim off some of the unhealthy fan leaves that are in shadow this weekend.

3 Likes

is that pod 100 % dry?

1 Like

So this sounds like a dumb question, but how can it ever be 100% dry if theres water bubbling underneath it?

Trim all the lower leaves. Give the pod and stem more airflow. Let it breath.

2 Likes

Heā€™s mainly referring to the top half of it, specifically at the base around the stem.

It looks a bit dark still in the center which is probably why heā€™s asking if itā€™s totally dry.

Just wipe your finger across the top to check how damp (or wet) your finger gets, can then wipe your finger on a towel or paper to get a better visual of the moisture level if itā€™s not apparent by looking at finger (aiming to determine: is it overly-wet or barely-wet).

4 Likes

Well, Iā€™ve let myself down Growers!
Lesson 1: Donā€™t let damping off start
Lesson 2: As soon as it starts, get the plant supported to take weight off stem
Lesson 3: If the plant falls over, immediately lift and straighten. After I took the previous pic 2 days ago I supported the plant by the main branches. The plants growth took off! So all was good. This morning decided to make an adjustment and it fell again, then I struggled to get support back in place and it felt very not supported. Came home to find it had completely wilted in 6 hours.

But look how little of the stem was actually moving nutes and look how beefy it was getting! Damn, a bit more experience and I could had one hell of a plant. Oh well, round 2 starts tonight!

8 Likes

valiant effort. And nyk

2 Likes

Time to start anew!!! Thanks it was a turgid effort and your next grow will be the benefit of all your effortsā€¦serious good effort bro I :thinking: I would of thrown the oars in awhile agoā€‹:sunglasses: