First Grow: Skywalker OG Kush

Is this salvageable? Should I bring the water level down an inch? 2 inches? Ordering hydrogaurd right now. I’ll re work both fans so they’re blowing on the coco pod to try to dry it out. I did however notice she grew about an inch between 1am and 7am so that seems reassuring!

2 Likes

Yes it is salvageable so long as it doesn’t get worse. Position a fan to blow on it directly to aid in drying it out, as soon as you get your hydroguard perform a water change and administer 7.5mL injected directly into your reservoir AFTER the grobo dispenses nutrients and pH. @Todd.grobo @vegetato @Russel_Richardson @SilverGrobo you guys have any other advice to remedy early stage damping and possible early stage root rot?

1 Like

Pull pod up further to dry off even above the line. Only temporary

3 Likes

So far have only seen one case of damping off that actually pulled through, it’s usually terminal.

Can try suspending it somehow so it doesn’t fall over in any direction and drying out the cocopod up top as much as possible dab it with paper towels or something and put a fan on it.

3 Likes

I’m cool for two reasons:
1:
2: This is a bad ass strain that may die from an inexperienced grower, but I’ve only lost a month and the other guy growing this same strain/breader is also killin it, so it is what it is. I got 4 more of these seeds and like 5 other free ones.

7 Likes

I’ll do all the things when I get home today and keep y’all posted. What a god damn community this is haha. Thank you guys so much.

3 Likes

I had pne survive. I wont terminate for that reason. But thats me.

1 Like

I like your optimism brother :facepunch:

2 Likes

Oh no fricken way shes surviving :sob:. The stem is getting thinner and greyer… the roots in the water are perfectly white, just dark above water. The top of the plant is still trying to grow and doing decent, but the lower leaves are yellowing… I just popped the coco pod up an inch… its soaked all the way through… and it’s like like that since day 1… i wonder if my water level has been too high this whole time??? I’ll give it a few days to decide if it wants to live or not once the pod dries up a bit. Oh well lol. So I’m guessing once the roots touch water the coco pod should really be dried out right?

2 Likes

Yeah i have to monitor this daily for th4 first month due to our temp and lack of humidity
It worked towelinf it dry and popping it up with a fan on it for a few days. You mustvhsve yo catch it at the right time to recover

1 Like

God speed homie!

Well, it’s technically still growing, but ever so slowly. The stem shriveled, dried, and snapped, but the core is still moving nutes, just hella slow. Gonna pull the plug on her tonight and go for round number 2. This time I will take “shouldn’t be too moist” as “should be relatively dry” haha. The leaves are still green, a bit impressive lol. What a resilient lil shit.

2 Likes

Sorry to hear that Speagler. Could you post one last pic of the plant and main stem?

Yea for sure!

1 Like

Sorry to hear it brother, you’re going to crush it on your next attempt. :muscle:

Dayuuuum. Holding on lmao.

Oh what could have been… :sweat_smile::rofl:

2 Likes

Also the white stuff looks like mineral, not fungus. But I didn’t get my eyeball close enough lol

2 Likes

Thats qay more damaged then mine was. I looked through photos to check. Good luck with her she looks healthy enough. Can you ptop her up?

1 Like

I think I’m still gonna retire here. She’s not moving enough nutes and even if the decay stops now, the yeild is gonna be super low regardless. Better cut my losses. Unless someone on here has some crazy idea, but I can’t imagine she can come back from this.

1 Like

Amazon order finally came in… Whoopdee doo lol.

6 Likes