First Grow: Skywalker OG Kush

valiant effort. And nyk

2 Likes

Time to start anew!!! Thanks it was a turgid effort and your next grow will be the benefit of all your efforts…serious good effort bro I :thinking: I would of thrown the oars in awhile ago​:sunglasses:

Nothing can stop me she’s growing back up!
Hey friends, decided to pick up close to where I left off! This is about where the first one really started to damp off. I’ve trimmed the first 4 lower fan leaves. She’s looking healthy! Though i may have waited 1 node too long to top, I was out of town for a week.

5 Likes

Side note, hydrogaurd since day 1 AND I pushed the coco pod up once the roots touched down to keep it from absorbing too much water.

3 Likes

Man on a mission😎

2 Likes

Looking pretty good. Could you post a couple more pics of that stem area? Focus on the area where the main stem goes into the cocopod. I just want to make sure we don’t have damping again!

She’s growing like crazy! I don’t see anything negative yet!

5 Likes

I’m guessing during the water change tomorrow morning I should trim off all the fan leaves below the main canopy? Theres not much light gettimg down there lol

2 Likes

Yup. I would. Maybe just 2. Looks healthy

1 Like

I could use some advice on trimming. I didn’t think she was growing much the last few days because the plant wasn’t getting “bigger”. I just realized it was just getting fuller lol. Advice on what I should be trimming out???

4 Likes

Also, I thought it worth noting, the previous grow did not have 9 leaf fan leaves. I’m taking that as a sign this one is healthy

2 Likes

Any leaf with an inch stem or longer like the 3in the photo. Thats enough

2 Likes

Could you clarify? Don’t all the leafs have stems longer than an inch?

20% of the plant (bottom) can be cut and any large fan leaves blocking bud sites can be removed, tucked, scrogged or use supports to hold out of the way.

3 Likes

So I have these 4 massive fan leaves pretty much covering everything… so should I remove those since all the bud sites except the 6 in between the 4 fan leaves, are under the big fan leaves?

3 Likes

Unless you wanna learn how to use supports? Do you have any?
When my plant is small and dont have many fan leaves I leave them on but use supports to hold them down under the bud sites.
If you dont have any youll have to tuck them once a day to keep them down.

2 Likes

I wanna do it so it’s best for the plants yeild, whatever that is. Not that I’ve done too much looking around, but I haven’t seen a grow yet where the whole top of the plant is just flat fan leaves. So A, it’s really good for sucking up a lot of light, but B, they are taking too many nutrients from bud sites correct? Assuming the end goal is to get the bud leaves as much light as possible it would make sense to remove these, but then theres not much surface area on the rest of the plant for it to be able to absorb as much light. I’m not sure if I can tuck them as the they’re currently the tallest. What are the benefits to tucking them vs cutting them vs cutting something else.

2 Likes

This makes more sense, I should been tucking the big boys a week ago! I have stuff to hold the fan leaves down. I’m thinking trim everything below the canopy that isn’t a bud site and trim all the fan leaves that have somewhat longer stems that block bud sites? Basically leave them big boys to keep soaking up the light?

3 Likes

Tucking allows for the fan leaves to still be able to get water to the bud sites.
Removing eliminates the tucking everyday to expose the bud sites but your not gonna get any girth until you reach flower stage as far as buds go.
So let’s say you want to keep those fan leaves on for the time being because they are the sourcr of water/nutrients, the youd tuck.
Let’s say you are about to go into transition stage when fan leaves are less important than you do more removing. I say they are less important because in transition flower stage the plant focuses on buds instead of plant so much.
So to simplify as long as each stem has two fan leaves on them at all times dont be afraid to cut at any stage.

5 Likes

Yep you got it! Take evrything off the bottom even if its a bud site because it will never reach the height you need it to to fatten up. Those are the ones that suck up energy so we tend to just take evrything on the bottom off.

1 Like