My plant is too tall, HELP [RESOLVED]

Are these white hairs early signs of flowering?20200208_124354|375x500

3 Likes

3 Likes

Yep those are the pistols starting to come out :+1:
You’ve done great lollipopping so far. Your just taking everything from the bottom of your canopy down off, which is what you have. You may still want to cut some stuff off later that’s at the bottom of your current canopy that you may think won’t be worth the energy

1 Like

For the time being though just let her recover for a week ish from the stuff you’ve done to her :+1:

1 Like

That’s the plan
Let her rest up
Thank for the help

1 Like
7 Likes

I found pinching works best in the grobo

5 Likes

It’s been a few days
Here is an updated picture

3 Likes

You can see the white pistons now. Looking good just slow

3 Likes

Yeah mine was a slow bloomer too
Looks good @Chris_Olszewski

1 Like

@Chris_Olszewski,

((#Welcome))::wave::wink:
Introduce yourself - #445 by SilverGrobo - Welcome - AllGrowers Forum | Hydroponics, Harvesting, Cannabis, and more
--
:wave::wink:

((#TooTall)): :giraffe:

https://www.allgrowers.com/search?q=hitting%20the%20light--

((#PinchTwistBendRepeat)):

--

:crossed_fingers: :green_thumb:

1 Like

It’s too early to harvest correct?!
Flower day 34/56
Sativa
Non auto
20200308_092306|375x500

1 Like

Way to early but something might be wrong can you post a few more photos of the whole plant please

2 Likes

My first grow
I initially over pruned
So the plant stretched
I super cropped I think
It’s close to the light but it’s been that way for a few weeks I just keep pinching bending and pulling it away from the immediate heat of the light
Overall she looks healthy to me
Idk
Thanks
Recipe has 22 days left

4 Likes

3 Likes

Your gonna have to supercrop in a circle! Or use grobo supports to keep it away from the light.

2 Likes

Next time I wont allow her to grow as tall
I think the window of opportunity to super crop has long faded away because all the stems are too woods to bend like the used to a month ago
All my grobo supports broke
I had to re apply silicone
I have a set of 3 trying to contain her but she’s a wild one lol
Thanks for you help

2 Likes

Sometimes you just have to do a partial harvest.
Chop the tallest from the top and start drying.

Hey @Chris_Olszewski,

Congrats on your progress so far my friend! We all started somewhere and in my experience (before we made the Grobo at least) even finishing your 1st grow is something most first time growers struggle with.

For now:

1. See if you can pop your cocopod through the lid and into the reservoir. This will gain you a bit of clearance at the top of the canopy.
  2. As our champions have suggested, use support racks to keep the colas off to the side of the top.
  3. As you have already done, supercropping is a great technique to control the height of a plant gone crazy. Early and often is better.

Good luck finishing up, hard to tell exactly what you have going on in there, but you will have something to be proud of for sure.

Cheers,
Stephen

5 Likes

As far as the partial harvest goes I dont think the buds are full enough yet
I check it multiple times a day yeah it’s getting more light in top then the middle but its healthy and nothing is burning

1 Like