My plant is too tall, HELP [RESOLVED]

HELP!!!
Hello growers
This is my first grow(sour diesel) 118 day grow
I am on day 2 of flower(day 52)
I have been lollypoping however now the top of the plant is hitting the top of the unit and the leaves on top are burning
I trim the leaves around the light but I fear it’s to late in the plants life to top the branches and hop they recover
Do I top and hop it grows back or just trim daily for the remaining of the grow?( 66 days)
I need advice here growers what do I do?

3 Likes
2 Likes

I had the same problem on my anubis staring
I ended up cutting off at least 15g if cannabis bud sites off.
On one plant as it burnt it created mold growth on the flower so I had to cut that off as well. Unfortunately this is partially geneticcd and partially too long in other grow stages. You can only mitigate at this point

3 Likes

He has such a long way to go still, would you supercrop where his support is? (can you see the line?) or would you go lower?

2 Likes

Can’t really go lower without super cropping the same stalk in a couple places. I’ve been super cropping the whole time, you’re not going to get it all in one shot, there’s too many that need to be done by the looks of it. Shift that it’s happening but now you know for next time that you need to start doing it sooner is all. It’s your first grow, I know you want it to be as successful as possible but this is also the grow to get familiar with the unit in my opinion. My first grow wasn’t that great but I’ve learned from things that happened. Check out my green crack thread and you’ll see the super cropping that I’ve had to do, twice to some stalks and it’s still hitting the roof. Some of these super lanky sativas either need to be mainlined to keep the height in check at the beginning or they’re just not suited for such a small space in my opinion.

2 Likes

Also you can push the coco pod down through the hole a bit more, you’ll get about two inches…lol. But at least it’s something lol

2 Likes

Thank you for the helpful information
I tethered the top leaves away from the light
Should I simply cut each stalk/branch a few inches and keep them that height from now on?
(Notice I cut the front branch significantly low as a test to see if it will recover)

2 Likes

If u supercrop you dont have to lose any buds

2 Likes

What exactly is supercroping and how do I go about that process?
Noob here sorry

2 Likes

Is this any better?
Lol

3 Likes

That’s why I worried. Day 115 should be harvest

1 Like

Are you running an auto recipe @Chris_Olszewski? You should be well into flower now, but I’m not seeing any.

Cheers,
Stephen

1 Like

Stephen this is a feminized (non auto flowering) seed
(East coast sour diesel)
From Greenpoint seeds I used a generic sour diesel recipe on grobo
Thanks

2 Likes

Also its a 118 day recipe
I’m currently on day 56 (Flower day 4)

1 Like

I had the same problem with my 1st grow.

No training, since it was auto.

It did yield 2 ounces exactly, so I was content regardless. Mine hit the lights like yours. But was denser underneath, with tons of popcorn buds.

3 Likes

That one is trimmed alot and looks like alot of time added which might have forever locked it in a vegetative state. Well see soon though

2 Likes

I trimmed as much to be honest :man_shrugging:. Also my girl didn’t show signs of flower until day 5 or 6 of flower. Wonder if your right

Oh no! :cold_sweat:
Ok no more trimming I will upload a new pic in a few days :crossed_fingers::seedling:

1 Like

Yeah no trimming of the stalks like that anyway, you can still lollipop and trim leaves if need be. But super cropping is your best friend for controlling height when you don’t really have any other options

So for lollypoping…
Was I only supposed to cut off the big fan leaves?
Because I clearly cut the off along with the small stems leading to the main stalks

1 Like