Paper towel germination

Hi yall, I have heard alot about the paper towel method for germination. I was looking for info about that process and how to insert it into the grobo for future reference. Thank yall for educating me

4 Likes

Easiest way to germinate is to put the seed in a glass with distilled or reverse osmosis water until it pops. Then put it, gently, in your coco pod with the tap root pointing down. If you are unsure about germinating with a towel or glass of water you may want to stick to letting it germinate in the coco pod.

4 Likes

When it pops does the taproot form?

2 Likes

Thanks by the way

1 Like

The taproot will be what pokes out of the seed first.

3 Likes

Thanks for sharing the knowledge. I’m sure I’ll have a lot more questions as the grow continues

1 Like

I slice one side of pod before I put the seed and taproot into the Grobo

1 Like

With the taproot through the bottom?

1 Like

Taproot is facing down , more important is how deep to plant the seed

1 Like

- - - [2020-08.19]:

Aug 19, '20 10:59 AM

@Sidow,

• (#Germination): [:egg:] [:hatching_chick:]

~~~

@Merle_Carsten,

• (These Were Floaters):

• (Wether It Be [Auto -Or- Photoperiod] This ‘Above’ :arrow_double_up: Method Works Beautifully):
    {:hatching_chick: :egg: :potable_water: :cup_with_straw:}:

~~~

- - - [2021-08.13]:

@FireBall,

• (If You Are Germinating In Pod, In Unit, -Then- This Below Is True):

~~~

@FireBall,

• (Awesome To Hear :ear: This): (When Your Leaves :leaves: Appear, -Then- You Want This):

• (When Your Roots Hit The Water -Then- You Want To Have A Dry Pod Completely):

~~~

- - - [2021-08.19]:

@Tom_Belfert,

• (#Welcome): :wave:t4: :wink:

• (#YouAreDoingAGreatJob): {:green_thumb:}:

• (Saving Your Little One From [DampingOff] Would Be In Your Interest Best Now):

(Click Here To Read More):

--

--

:brain:

~~~

- - - [2021-11.23]:

@TheDogMan,

--

:infinity:

1 Like

@Manny,

• (Good Question): (I’m Actually Doing The [SeedToGlassMethod] Just [Tonight/{ScratchThat} It Is Now Called LastNight]): (Going By The [GraveShifters]):

• (So Now I Won’t Turn The Recipe On In The App. Until She Hatches WithIn 24 Hours): -Then- (I’ll Put Her In The [Napkin/AirFilledBag] For Another 24 Hours): (At Which This Point I Will Turn The App. On):

• (It Is Really Your Grow -And- Your Call): (There Is No Real Rule On This One):

• ([:warning:] We Have Had Seedlings Die From Being Strangled By The [Coco-Pod] Fibers):

- - -

• 1.) (Not Necessary, -But- It Is Nice To Have A [StarterStation] While Your Grow Is Finishing Up In [Flush/Dry] ): {:groboone: :green_thumb:}: (All You Need To Do Is Place Her In -And- Grow [GrowBabyGrow] ):

• 2.) (#Humidity):

- - - [2021-07.22]:

@Akira6063,

• (If You Are Really Nervous, You Could Investigate Further, To See If You Can See [AnyThing]): (I Wish I Could Have Saved Our [LittleGreenCrackGrow], Even Though I Investigated, [I Was So InExperianced] To Really Be A Savior):

--

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

2 Likes

@SilverGrobo thank you so much for the response. Im new to the growing and like i said my first one was AK47 and it looked like the cocoa pod strangled the root because it was not attached to the seed when i investigated. So i went with the shot glass method this time with Grand Daddy Purps and i did see the tail about a quarter of an inch long and dropped it in to the cocoa pod and now on the app im on day 2 of germination. Any other tips are greatly appreciated as i see your a champion grower!! :crossed_fingers: :ear: :face_with_monocle:Oh and question for you,What is your opinion on the grobostart, necessary ?? Oh one more question do you know what my humidity levels should be at during germination? mine is reading at 32.8%? and water temp is averaging 69 and temperature is averaging 73.8

1 Like

I use scissors to cut the side of my coco pod when I put the seed and root in

1 Like

No the depth of the seed is more important than the taproot

Pod is definitely wet on bottom and moist on top seems like l’m right where I should be for this time based on the response! I’ll continue to hurry up and wait as we would say in the Navy.

1 Like

Thank you for the pointers definitely enjoying the journey so far!

1 Like