Took a couple big leaves off while doing water change. Day 64

[Uploading…](

3 Likes

Took a couple before work

5 Likes

Did a little light trimming.

4 Likes

Hey @Bongsmoker89

It could be because you’ve got an auto or the strain but the leaves look a little droopy to me and some are curled. Double check if your aerator is still bubbling away. :+1:

1 Like

Yeah it is. Those were lower leafs was pretty full.
@Azuri. Got to looking this am they do look a little droppy sent a ticket in.
Trimmed a bunch of leaves off this am as well.

3 Likes

@Bongsmoker89,

When removing leaves, I like to limit myself to no more than 20% of the existing foliage. This is some extreme removal in my opinion. A couple points to be aware of when defoliating in flower:

A plant needs leaves. Leaves not only act as solar panels, absorbing and transforming the solar energy to proceed with photosynthesis, and their internal processes, it also take the function of storing energy to use it later, when the plant requires it. So, when we remove part of the leaves we are not only removing the main receptors of energy of the plant, we are also removing that stored energy for when it is required.

Not all strains respond as good to defoliation. Every single strain reacts in a distinct way. The major risk of defoliation is that we don’t know how is going to react our plant until we’ve seen the results.

Nature is wise. It will always be better to respect plants’ processes, and let it grow naturally.

“When leaves start to develop again they do it healthier and stronger”. Even there is some kind of true in this, the fact that leaves will regrow again and again takes so much effort for a plant, and that could exhaust it. So, we will get more uniform buds, and big, but the number of buds will be lower, these will be less dense, weight less, and def. will be lower quality.

Best,
Stephen

10 Likes

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts::groboone::green_thumb:

2 Likes

@Stephen.
Live and I learn I reckon lol. Next time I’ll know lol

2 Likes

@Bongsmoker89,

No worries mate! She will keep on producing buds for you and exposing all of those nodes to maximum light may give you some Frankensteins. (Those are monster buds, it’s a good thing…) It is fun to experiment, that’s how we learn.

Keep us updated, this one will be fun to watch!

Best,
Stephen

3 Likes

I thought I needed to expose the buds to let more airflow for the buds why i kind of took so many off. I haven’t looked at it in 2days I’ll check on it tonight and see how she looks

3 Likes

Drained and filled it. Day 70.

4 Likes

Go auto go!

2 Likes

Day 72. Starting to fatting back up. Almost out of nutes on bottle 3 and 4, I bought a spare set when I purchased. Any idea on big jugs yet?

7 Likes

@Bongsmoker89 starting to fill out nicely!
Funny you’re almost out of 3 and 4. My 4 ran out and I had to replace it, but only because I knows it over when I first put it in and spilled 1/3 of it. 3,4,and 5 otherwise are all about 2/3 gone.

1 Like

Yeah I didn’t spill mine lol. Just been sucking it lol. Yeah the other ones are pretty full

1 Like

I didn’t want to wait till they were empty, so I switched out the #4… Putting it aside until the finishing of this Baby, then I’ll top it up before the next one… I’ll do the same with the others on the next drain/fill… :wink::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::herb::groboone::green_thumb:

2 Likes

3 posts were split to a new topic: Removing fan leaves

Day 74.

5 Likes

Day 77. Doing a water change.

5 Likes