First grow - Critical Purple (Auto)

looks like we had the same idea I’m in last day of transition

5 Likes

I figured it was a better choice because of the light schedule and fact it grows quicker. Excited to try

1 Like

@Chad_Johnson,

((#Welcome))::wave::wink:

--

:wave::wink:

((#TeamHasGotYouCovered)): :clap:

((#LearningAsWeGrow)): :brain::green_thumb:

((#SheIsLookingVeryHappy)): :smiley:

--

:wink: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :sparkling_heart:

((#TooTall)): :giraffe:

https://www.allgrowers.com/search?q=hitting%20the%20light--

((#PinchTwistBendRepeat)):

((#YouTubeVideo)): :video_camera:

https://www.allgrowers.com/search?q=youtubevideo%20user%3Asilvergrobo

--

((#SomeReads)): :open_book:(:eye:):video_camera:

--

:wink:

4 Likes

Hey there! Thank you so much to everyone for the insight and advice! This stubborn plant still hasn’t starting growing buds that I can see yet. Would it be smart for me to give it another good trim or should I let it go a little longer? The top of the plant is now about 7 inches from the lights. Is there anything I should be doing to help keep it from growing up to the lights? Thanks again!

3 Likes

What day and what cycle are you on that plant will be far too large to get good bud from

2 Likes

Give us some close ups too

3 Likes

Yeah maybe try and get a shot over head to see how dense it is

1 Like

Mines on day 4 of flower and I’m seeing a lot of white hairs hope yours starts soon

2 Likes

I’m already on day 29 of 50 for the flowering stage. @Stephen told me I would likely have to add about two weeks to that but this SOB wont quit growing up. And it’s very dense. Here are some more photos.

5 Likes

3 Likes

4 Likes

Try and get a close up right at one of your top colas then you’ll be able to better see the action. Hard to tell from those ones

2 Likes

Here are a couple close ups.

4 Likes

I see some pistols coming out for sure there’s action happening, I’m sure you can see them coming out too then

4 Likes

Yes!!! Finally!!! Lol. Those just started over the past 48 hrs… just in time bc this plant is getting tall!

7 Likes

Thank you again to everyone who has helped me with my 1st grow! This plant is taking its sweet time growing the buds, but the plant itself keeps growing! Here are some updates pics from 2 days ago. Based on the photos, does anyone see anything I should do at this point other than try my best to keep leaves/buds away from the light? I’ve had to extend my flowering by 2 two weeks. These photos are taken on “day 50” of flowering.

6 Likes

4 Likes

I’ve used distilled water through the entire grow. Due to having to having tonextend the grow by 2 weeks, I ended up using all of the nutrients in bottles 3 and 4. Bottles 1 and 2 are still mostly full. 5 is close to running out. Luckily I had purchased extra nutrient bottles so I replaced 3 and 4. Is this pretty typical? I was surprised to see 1 and 2 still mostly full. Is that due to me using distilled water or could that be part of the issue with delayed flowering?

1 Like

Hey @Chad_Johnson,

Bottles 1 and 2 balance your pH, the others are the food. Not surprised at all, one of the reasons I steer clear of autos, they are just too stubborn and often cause more issues than the ‘time savings’ is worth. Lot’s of bunk genetics out there still. All my griping aside, you are getting there, slowly moving in the right direction for sure. You could clean her up a bit with exposing the buds to maximum light as your goal. Take out a couple of those larger fan leaves blocking light at the top.

Good luck finishing strong!

Cheers,
Stephen

4 Likes

I did trim some of the larger leaves yesterday so hopefully that helps. I will definitely steer away from autos in the future. I was going to build my own set up and my thought was auto wouldve suited that situation better. But I wisely purchased a Grobo instead. I will definitely be switching away from auto with my next grow. I cant thank you enough for the help!

4 Likes