1st timer

A couple things…when you take photos, open your door and press the button on the back to change the light to more of an orange, also use flash. this gives a clearer picture of the color of the plants. 84F internal…do you have a water temp meter or are you using hydroguard? Your leaves are a little funky but can’t tell much from the dark pics :wink:

4 Likes

Thanks better photos…l didnt realize how bad they were till now. No hydroguard or water temp meter Im not totally clear on the hydroguard.

3 Likes

So in the difference in your pics you pushed your pod down??? Put it back where it was, want to avoid damping off. Plant looks completely happy. You’re at day 5 of early veg correct?

Hydroguard is meant to fight off root rot which happens when water temps are above 70F. If your internal is 82-84, your water temp is likely higher than 70. I suggest hydroguard at at least 5ml up to 15ml each water change depending on water temp IMO. You could probably get away with 7.5ml at each water change though without buying a water temp meter. They are only $10 on Amazon and will yield information IF you happen to run into issues later. The internal temp and humidity meter is a huge plus. Most will say you need to raise humidity but I think this is the least important of issues, again…my opinion.

3 Likes

Yes sir…day 5. Hydro ordered temp meter also. Coco pod is breaking apart but I raised it. 1st round Im bound to make mistakes but learning tons…THANKS SO MUCH

5 Likes

Mistakes happen, I still make them. How bad is the bottom of your pod? can you post a pic?

2 Likes

2 Likes

That could cause issues in the future…I’m not sure as i’ve never had that happen. Hopefully someone else can chime in on that.

2 Likes

I’m thinking about yanking it and starting over. I might break out the grobo start.

1 Like

No need to use the start, especially if you have the lid for the coco pod…there are different lids for the grobo res…one for the coco pod, and one for the start pods. If your pod fell apart like that you probably “man handled” the pod a few times as they’re pretty sturdy. No worries, shit happens. Not sure if it’ll be an issue like I said.

It’s your grow, so your choice. My one question would be…are these pics with the pod pushed back up or with it even with the the lid in the grobo?

1 Like

Oh, and don’t call me sir, I work for a living! (sorry, old military joke) :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

2 Likes

- - - [2021-07.30]:

Jul 30, 4:34 AM

@STANK

• (There Is Two Ways You Can Still Grow This Baby From Here, [:one:=Just Do The Best You Can To Gather It Together To Gently Maneuver It Back Up To The Bottom [EvenNous] Of The Cone Of Your Lid] -Or- [:two:=Try To Dismantle It Away From The Roots To Save As Much As You Can To Let It Heal From There]): (I Know It Isn’t An Easy Decision, -But- Leaving It Like This Will Cause some [DampingOff] Earlier Than Later): (I “Wouldn’t” Chose The Last Choice [:three:=Start Over]):

• (If You Chose The “Dismantling [# :two:]”, I Would Recommend Not To Do It Over The Water,
    -Because- The Debris Could Clog Your Pump In The Draining Process):

• (#CloggedPump): (#DebrisInPump):

~~~

- - - [2021-08.04]:

@STANK,

• (#TeamHasGotYouCovered): {:green_thumb:}:

• (#YouAreDoingAGreatJob): {:green_thumb:}:

~~~

- - - [2021-08.05]:

@STANK,

~~~

- - - [2021-08.11]:

@STANK,

• (You Are On The Right Path): {:green_thumb:}:

~~~

@STANK,

• (Do You Mark Your Bottles Every [Drain/Fill] To Make Sure They Dispensed -Or- Not):? :question: (If Not, We Recommend To): (Make Sure Your [FirmWare] Is Up To Date): (You Can Try To [Power/Reboot], -Then- Try Once More): (You Are Absolutely Right On 2nd Fan At [LateVeg.] -And- Water Height At High Level):

• [Firmware 9.6.4 is live! - #2 by SilverGrobo]: {FirmWareNow=9.6.6}:

~~~

- - - [2021-08.19]:

@STANK,

• (We Can Follow Your Progress Easier If You Keep Your Grows In One Topic): {:wink:}:

~~~

- - - [2021-09.02]:

@STANK,

~~~

- - - [2021-10.28]:

@STANK,

--

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

2 Likes

So just did D/F and waiting for NUTES to shoot so I can the hydro guard. UPDATE: had some pod issues which @FireGuy and @Todd.grobo and @Stephen have helped with. I ended up cleaning up the broken coco pod and lost some roots. I have attached some before and after of the roots and the plant (lucille). I have a question, should I remove the bottom leaves or let them fly. ? As always input is more than happy :laughing:

Uploading: 0CAE4DC2-CC9B-42BC-B07B-88785EF105EE.jpeg…
Uploading: A54C41B5-2A97-4B70-90BB-470B90792954.jpeg…
Processing: 56A7ADCB-FA04-4239-955D-BDD2BA379CEF.jpeg…
welcome.

3 Likes

Shes recovered well!
Leave the leaves no pun intended
Shell bounce back for sure!

4 Likes

They’re not hurting anything right now. I’d leave em. She’s looking great by the way!

2 Likes

Thanks VanG

Question guys what’s the difference between early and late veg phases? I noticed my light schedule hasn’t changed in day 1 of late veg so I’m guessing there is a nute increase?

Hope everyone’s well @FireGuy @Todd.grobo @Stephen

2 Likes

Only diff between early and late from what I remember is water level, probably nutes as well. Early is mid level, late is high. Light schedule won’t change till transition. Post pics of your plant when you can so we can advise on tips, as well as whether to extend late veg or not.

5 Likes

Just took these. Day 1 of late veg…

3 Likes

update…looks like its about time to top…5th set coming in up top…

Thoughts,suggestions…she does have a gangster lean going on.

2 Likes

Calibration and D/F after her first topping last night. Shes looking great IMO after all she went thru at such a young age. Roots are looking fab.

4 Likes