SWSVIC’s First Grow (Ever...) ILGM GDP

She just started, only second day of late vegetation.

1 Like

Add at least a week if not 2

2 Likes

Copy that, will see where she’s at a day or two before Late Veg. ends and decide between 1 or 2. Told myself I wasn’t going to extend any extra other than minimal necessary training recovery time as my goal is fast grows of very high quality, quantity while important to most ranks low on my list of desires (I believe you fall into the same category as I). I dove deep down the genetics rabbit hole and have too many fun strains to get through :joy:. Not to mention dispensaries around me keep me plenty happy.

Where you at on pruning? When do you typically start and what is the objective of pruning during late veg?

5 Likes

Once the 4th/5th set of leaves or your tops most ones anyway get bigger than your hand and/or they’re blocking the lower inner growth, that’s what I do anyway. Lots of stuff underneath to take its place :+1:

3 Likes

Thanks Russel :call_me_hand:

1 Like

Day 29 (5 of 14 Late Veg.)

Water Change Stats:

Water out:
-pH: 6.0
-EC: 1.3
-PPM700: 880
-Gallons out: 1.9

Water in:
-Solution: 3 Gallons Distilled Water, 11mL Rhino Skin, 7.5mL Revive, 6mL Hydroguard, 3.75mL Revharge, 5 drops pH down.
-pH: 6.1
-EC: 0.0
-PPM700: 20
-Gallons in: 2.25

Observations & Questions:

-5 days after topping, she appears very happy and the two new cola’s are growing rather quickly. I will be training them via LST.

-I introduced Rhino Skin from Advanced Nutrients to my regiment today at half strength, will remain at 50% until flower and then shift to full strength for 4-6 weeks. The Rhino Skin raised the solution’s pH to 7.4 immediately after mixing. I gave the it 2 hours to rest prior to conducting my drain fill during which the pH naturally came down to 7.1, thus I opted to manually adjust the pH by administering 5 drops of pH down which brought the pH down to 6.1.

-The Grobo seems to be administering a lot of nutrients in comparison to what I have seen when reviewing other grower’s levels at this same point in their grow. I’m only a month in and a pretty good amount of bottles 3, 4, and 5 have been dispensed. Is this normal? I have alternated colors for nutrient control indicator lines, the green line is last weeks water change and the black is this week. See pic below:

As always thank you all for your time and advice!

Grow well,
SWSVIC

8 Likes

Nutrients get used heavily for both extending stages and for certain strains just eat or drink more.

3 Likes

Glad I have backups on backups, at this rate the 3, 4, and 5 won’t make it through half the grow. Appreciate your help Todd :facepunch:.

1 Like

How many advanced nutrient products are you using in conjunction with the Grobo nutes?

@shadowcipher89

Currently in late veg. I am running:

I will be adding the following during flower:

And finishing with:

7 Likes

Interesting to see how it goes for you

I’ve picked up 3 of there nutes to try as well - Have a second Grobo on order - Will be interesting to experiment with and without these is my plan for next grow

2 Likes

Fingers crossed :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Also I feel that I should mention that I am running all of these at less than full strength (Other than Hydroguard). I started off at 1/2 strength and have been gradually working my way up over time as the plant grows/is able to handle a heavier nutrient/additive/beneficial load. I mix the solution 2 hours prior to filling to avoid pH spikes and I have also begun pHing the solution prior to filling the Grobo as the Rhino Skin does increase pH to around 7.5 (lowered to near 7.0 after 2 hours).

1 Like

Yeah, that’s the plan. People get too ambitious with nutes, and always think more is better… But that’s not always the case from my experience

3 Likes

You folks are So lucky :four_leaf_clover: to have a nice machine like that! I grow in a small tent in the basement in winter but in the summer I grow outside.

I am intrigued with these Grow boxes :package: I am getting Ready to Retire I must get just treat myself… I think they are really swell​:facepunch:t4:

6 Likes

@420chicano I don’t have any experience in growing any other way but I’m very satisfied with the quality and ease of use that Grobo provides. You won’t regret it.

4 Likes

I don’t have enough experience to have an opinion on the matter. However, based on my research I would agree more nutrients than necessary is never better. That said, using additives and beneficials CORRECTLY, appears to certainly be better than not using them, the advantages simply outweigh the risks (again, when done correctly).

I purchased a unit for my father and he will be going at it bare bones so we will be running a similar comparison test simultaneously and with identical genetics. He is a retired landscape architect thus his horticultural knowledge far outweighs mine, however my carte blanche approach and willingness to commit significant efforts to my grows should balance us out :joy:. If he out produces me I’ll be pissed :joy::joy:

7 Likes

That’s incredible you’ll be growing plants with your dad! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I might be ready for a Garbo box …it’s just That I need something to Do stay busy and old school growing keeps me busy.

Lol :laughing: Dark Heart Nurseries is now caring AUTO POTS all you do is water TheM and some sun . They come two foot high already Only bad thing is you can’t top or fim.

2 Likes

Went ahead and did some “leaf tucking” as well as removed the two lower most 3 blade leaves as they were 100% blocked from light and just bothering me quite frankly :joy:. (See images below).

I am still up in the air as to how I would like to train her… I am considering just performing simple “tie down” LST or going full SCROG. Would appreciate any and all input, THANKS!

7 Likes