1st grow in my Grobo

Happy growing looking good!

1 Like

Hi all, thank you so much for the responses. I will take another pic of the leaves with brown spots, but I did prune the old ones. Here’s a picture of the stalk. I’ve tried to dry out the coco pod as it was growing a bit of mold. I also tried using a bit of hydrogen peroxide 3% solution to kill it, but it keeps coming back.

2 Likes

The leaves look pretty good for now.

2 Likes

Thanks brother…she is doing great…roots are fantastic and just went to late veg last night. 4th set of leaves have 7 fingers…

2 Likes

Thanks brother…alot to learn but enjoying the crap out of it…

A post was merged into an existing topic: 1st timer

I treated the top of the pod with a bit of peroxide and it was starting to attract what looks like a fungus gnat. I also checked the roots and to my horror I saw a lot of dark algae! I also treated the roots with peroxide and they look much better than last night.

Is there any way to prevent light leaking into the reservoir? The lid doesn’t fit on gently and is not flush with the bucket (lid wobbles a lot). Not sure if this is normal or not.

2 Likes

The shield for your water level sensors needs adjusting as it is what’s causing the wobbleage. Just a guess…HAPPY GROWING EX

1 Like

Thank you, Stank! It’s definitely the shield, but I notice that clear shield is taller than the tank unless it’s supposed to fit into some kind of slit or something at the bottom. Does it do that, or just sit in the bottom of the bucket?

1 Like

I just adjust it until it fits. Not sure about it fitting any certain way. It just gets outta wack sometimes. Whatcha groin?

It’s an indica strain called Kosher Kush. First time growing this strain. :blush:

4 Likes

Should tell u on the package :package: of the seeds an for the grobo look :eyes: under recipe an look for it if it’s there it will tell u as well :+1:t2::dash::seedling:

2 Likes

Kosher kush is a indica dominant hybrid strain! Nice classic heavy hitter :muscle:t3::dash:

2 Likes

Is this why some say to use Hydroguard, the mold and things? I have no idea, just I have some as so many said to get it.

1 Like

Hydroguard protects from root rot…nothing else.

4 Likes

I was starting to see some root rot on this plant, so I may get some hydroguard.I treated it with some hydrogen peroxide the other day and that did help a lot. Typically in a normal DWC grow in my tent I would just make sure that no light touches inside the black bucket. I’m not sure if I can do this easily in my grobo, tho.

1 Like

Root rot is usually caused by higher water temps in DWC. Light leak to the roots just makes the plant unhappy.

2 Likes

Ah ok, that makes sense. I’ll have to check the temps and see if it fluctuates. Thank you :slight_smile:

I added some hydro guard today even though the roots look ok. Just paranoid about the water temp (mid 70sF). So far she’s looking great!

5 Likes

I gave her a little haircut a couple days ago and now she’s very bushy with several top sites at the same height. I’m going to extend late veg until the top of the plant reaches the second fan.

4 Likes