Green mold on top of pod [RESOLVED]

@SilverGrobo

I belive there are two set of instructions for the depth location of the coco pod floating around. This may have been corrected now, the correct location is to the lower side of the blue line on the sticker in the coco pod holder hole.

I belive over time the Grobo team found out it was a better germination results with the coco pod inserted deeper.

Hope that makes sense!

4 Likes

Set the Coco Pod down to the line…

:wink:

4 Likes

So quick question and hoping for some sage wisdom. I started a new grow after what I thought was a thorough cleaning of the Grobo inside and out and after a few days of the germination stage I noticed an opaque film on the Coco pod.

Should I push the pod up and try to salvage the grow? Is it something to be concerned about? Never had this before. Your advice would be greatly appreciated.

2 Likes

Hey @Hainesjr1, I had some issue with my first germination as well…this should help.

Granted your residue is on the bottom, just been submerged for a long time. Gently brushing that stuff off won’t hurt anything. Mine turned green from all the time that passed, but if anything its healthy bacteria but that was on top of the pod. The bottom should be clean, for the roots and your tank.

3 Likes

@Hainesjr1,
Have you put in a ((https://support.grobo.io)) :tickets::ticket: Ticket yet?.. The ((#GroboTeam)) can check out your data… To me, this looks bad, but I’m not a professional… :worried::crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers:

1 Like

I’ve responded through support for this one, good luck @Hainesjr1.

This one is a bit more of a concern @Dew, not a beneficial bacteria, more like root rot slime or cyanobacteria. It will harm your young plant by suffocating the roots. I recommend Botanicare’s Hydroguard to help fight off this nasty stuff. If in Canada, applying Hydrogen Peroxide to your reservoir is your best bet, can’t get Hydroguard here.

Stephen

6 Likes

@Stephen what is the best way for @Dew to apply hydro guard? I’d like to know in case I ever run into this issue :crossed_fingers: ( I don’t)

3 Likes

Go to Botanicare website punch in the information for the feeding chart based how many gallons our tank is and it will tell you…I wouldn’t worry about burning the plant as it’s beneficial bacteria helping to break down organic matter … not a supplement as far a nutrient goes… just dump it in the reservoir when you drain and fill and add like a cup or two of water

3 Likes

@chris_barfield do you know what size the tank is?

1 Like

Believe it’s 2.6 gallons

2 Likes

Upon high fill you are looking at 11 litres (2.9 gallons), so I’d add 5-6 ml per drain/fill.

3 Likes

@SilverGrobo,

I’m sorry folks, I guess this video is no longer available at this time???.. :thinking:

1 Like

if you can find it get Hydroguard. Hydrogen Peroxide is a temporary solution i think and you have to apply it daily. Hydroguard is your best bet but I might be wrong

1 Like

@SilverGrobo,

((#NoGoVideo)):

Green mold on top of pod [RESOLVED] - #5 by SilverGrobo - Troubleshooting - AllGrowers Forum | Hydroponics, Harvesting, Cannabis, and more

:x::heavy_multiplication_x::ballot_box::recycle:

--
((#Seed)): ((#Germination)): ((#YouTubeVideo)):

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Starting+From+Seed+How+to+start+Growing+Cannabis

:wink::shushing_face:

1 Like

((#[RESOLVED])):

1 Like

Good Morning Barb:
I I was investigating what appears to be a patch of fungi or mold on my new Grobo plant on top of the pod. I have not found the courage to look underneath, as of yet! Here is a pic:

.This is an auto indica and the strain is Melon OG.

1 Like

@buzzy6,

((#Coco-Pod)):

((#CocoPod)): (Reuse/Recycle) : :recycle:

--

((#AbsolutelyCorrect)): :green_thumb:

((#YourGrowYourCall)):

--

--

Summary

--

((#NowMyEMailShowsUp)): :love_letter::laughing::nerd_face:

Green mold on top of pod [RESOLVED] - #42 by SilverGrobo - Troubleshooting - AllGrowers Forum | Hydroponics, Harvesting, Cannabis, and more

--

2 Likes

Those pics were of yesterday. These are of today:

1 Like

So I should not be concerned about this I gather? To brush or not to brush?

1 Like

Your good mine did it every time … I’d worry if you had some dampening …when the water drops … the cocopod will dry out

2 Likes