Leaves Curling / Sagging

can you send a picture of the stem? I’m curious if there are any signs of dampening off. Dampening off is when the soil is too wet and the stem thins out. It can eventually cause fungus to grow and destroy the plant. If you can, put a small fan on the base of the stem. that will help keep the dampening off from happening and help clear it up if it is occurring.

1 Like

2 Likes

@ERL Difficult to see with the lighting, but from what I can (barely) see you may have a case of damping down. Is the stem black and/or looking thinner around where it enters the coco pod?

Best advice I can give is to get a fan in your Grobo and point it at the coco pod.

The section on damping down is in the No Drainage (or poor drainage) section.

Also double check to make sure your air pump is working, forgot to mention that.

2 Likes

@VermontGrobo here is a better photo. The pod is a bit more moist than I’m used to feeling and this strain is somewhat known for suffering from moisture related issues. Air pump is definitely working.

2 Likes

some leaves on the very bottom have these tiny spots.

2 Likes

It does look to me like you have a case of damping down. I went through quite a few issues with it in my Grobo. Forgot how many, think it was around 5 before I gave up. Now I am waiting for the seed in my peat pod to sprout before I transplant it into my Grobo.

@Todd.grobo @Bplatinum9 @chris_barfield may have some better input.

The good news is if you catch it early enough it is fixable, I never had any luck.

5 Likes

Gotcha, I will try sticking a fan in there.

3 Likes

Yup vermont is right. Raise the pod and try to get it dried out asap. Youll recover

3 Likes

Raised the pod about an inch & have a large box fan blowing over it for now until I can get a smaller one delivered for inside the box.

Edit: also squeezed the pod a bit on the bottom get more moisture out.

5 Likes

Looks like this for now, but anything to save the girl!

5 Likes

It already looks better. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Definitely perked up!

3 Likes

@ERL Way to go! She is recovering from the looks of it. @VermontGrobo very nice advice and good catch on the damping.

I had a couple of damping off issues as well and was able to save the plant. Check it out here:
https://www.allgrowers.com/t/damping-off-victories/9607?u=miami5th

3 Likes

I was on my last day of early veg, decided to give it a week extension like you did! Thanks for the advice, with do the peroxide work soon. But she seems to be very happy!

2 Likes

Quick update, she’s very happy! Just gave her a haircut at water change.

1 Like

Not sure what this white stuff is but she doesn’t seem to mind

3 Likes

Quick update: she’s transitioned to flower!

2 Likes

@ERL,

--

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

1 Like

How much of your roots are exposed to air above the water? It almost looks like the water level is too high.

2 Likes