SWSVIC’s First Grow (Ever...) ILGM GDP

I wouldn’t be to worried about it. Seen that multiple times on my plants without any issues. I personally wouldn’t use too much of the big buds just to be safe since it might change the nutrient composition of what the Grobo is dispensing.

2 Likes

I’m wondering if Grobo makes its own “Big Bud” type of boost by via specific nutrient amounts dispensed in weeks 2-4 of flower? :thinking: @Stephen

2 Likes

Nope

1 Like

Just keep watching and see if the edges start rusting

1 Like

First time, first grow…
love the add-ons…anyway you can share what you used and how you installed it?

1 Like

Sure @hadooj my two main add-ons are the water chiller with through-reservoir wall plumbing and a simple smell/head reducing filtration system. Both were pieces together on Amazon (I haven’t been inside a store since February :joy:). See links below:

3 Likes

Appreciate it my man :facepunch:

Looking amazing! I just got my machine and just got some GDP seeds. Will be taking notes from this post!

2 Likes

Did you use Canuk Seeds Grand Daddy Purps recipe?

These particular seeds were from ILGM my man. You get yours from Canuk?

No i got them from marijuana-seeds.nl.
But for recipe which one did you use?

I used ILGM. If you’re not seeing a specific recipe for your seed I would hit up support and ask them which one is best or just run the generic indica recipe.

1 Like

Day 76 (Flower 3/41)

She’s flowering up well, the smell is intense and incredible! :heart_eyes:

I performed a round of defoliation today just after her water change. As you can see she had begun cannibalizing some of the leaves that were toward at the very bottom of the canopy. Later this week I’ll conduct her final round of lollipopping as well as clean up the top canopy. I have been tucking leaves about 5 times a day.

Water Change:

Water-In Solution:
3 Gal. Distilled Water, 11mL Rhino Skin, wait one hour, fill Grobo and allow it to dispense nutrients & pH, inject 2.5mL Big Bud, inject 7.5mL Revive, inject 0.6mL Mammoth P, inject 7.5mL Hydroguard.

Water-Out Stats:
pH: 6.1
EC: 2.5
PPM700: 1760

I opted to dose her with some Revive for a few days to see what effect if any it had on the yellow/brown tips on some leaves at the top of my canopy (see pics above) not sure if it will make things better or worse :joy:, I plan on changing the water again this weekend when she gets her last significant haircut. I cut the Big Bud back to 1/8th strength (2.5mL) I am wondering if that had something to do with the burn she is showing. I am certainly seeing just how finicky flowering plants are in comparison to their durable vegetative stages.

My EC and PPM700 coming out of the reservoir was even higher than the highs I have experienced in the past at 2.5 and 1760 respectively. Upon filling the Grobo and monitoring the nutrient distribution I noticed that Bottle 5 (Cal-Mag) did not dispense, thus I contacted @Dani/Grobo Support and was told that because my EC has been so high for an extended period of time the system opted not to dispense any Cal-Mag, this is the first time it has done so. My pH was also slightly higher at 6.1, I’m wondering if this is due to the plant being in flower, I believe they prefer a little higher pH during this period.

I will be topping off the reservoir on a daily basis throughout the rest of the grow to give her some relief from nute burn.

@chris_barfield @vegetato @Jamminbear, I know I’ve got a lot going on here haha… do you guys see any issues with my current situation that you recommend remedying in any way?

As always thank you all for you help and guidance, and for checking up on my grow in general. It is appreciated!

Grow well,
Vic

9 Likes

Support says they want to run the Grobo at that EC?

They believe that it is caused by the additives that I am running in conjunction with their nutrients. @Letsgrowmore do you have an EC meter? If so, do you mind checking your EC and letting us know what it is?

I don’t have personal experience with your additives besides mammoth and Hydroguard. How does rhino skin (silica supplement? ) and revive effect your PH and EC ?

Yes Rhino Skin is Silica (switching your PowerSi for next grow), it is pH neutral and has no effect on EC. I am unsure on the Revive, though I have not used it for the past few fills and my EC has been higher than ever :man_shrugging:t2:. Would really like to know the EC reading of someone’s solution who is solely running Grobo nutrients with or with out Hydroguard.

From the looks of it. The Grobo dosing is the sole reason why the EC is high even after u top off the water.

1 Like

Easy way to find out, just need someone with and EC meter who is running no additives (other than Hydroguard). @Todd.grobo do you happen to have an EC meter handy? Might you be able to let us know?

The only thing I’d mention is to pluck these off when you see them coming out, as not to waste any energy on them:

Might also want to snip a few directly above the scrog line but you can wait a while to decide that, see if they stack/fill out at all.

About the EC – when the plant drinks more water than nutes the EC can go up too. It could be the same thing that was causing the nute burn, plant using water too quickly or a bit too much nutrient in the water in general.

3 Likes