SWSVIC’s First Grow (Ever...) ILGM GDP

Cut the recharge about 4 weeks ago, honestly I haven’t looked at the roots as I don’t want to hit them with light if I’m not seeing any issues up top. I’m doin this shit purely for fun, that said, I strive to be the best at everything I put time into. I want to grow the absolute best product the Grobo will allow.

3 Likes

I also stopped using Recharge, too much of a pain in the ass to clean out of the reservoir.

3 Likes

Also I should have better explained how I’m injecting the additives. I do them one at a time, mix them w/ 15 mL distilled water, and then inject them into a tube with a series of on/off ball valves that is connected to the out flow of my water pump. I open the top valve, inject additive mixture, close top valve, and open bottom valve which causes a sort of vacuum sucking out and circulating the new mixture into the reservoir. I let that circulate for about 10 minutes before I close the bottom valve, drain and the left over solution that is in the channel between the two valves and then proceed with the next additives in the same sequence. This causes them to be injected into the system with force rather than simply opening the lid and injecting them with a syringe.

1 Like

@SWSVIC no doubt your going to be one of the best on the forum!! Great job in your attention to detail

2 Likes

I would just dump into the lid that seems like a
Lot of work that can be eliminated if you just dump right into the res in the grobo is gunna be the same result only thing you should be mixing before hand is silica

I want to be clear recharge is a good product that works but it’s better for actual media like coco or soil than dwc

@Jamminbear

Did you leave power si in the res for more than 25 hours ? Did you res remain clear or go cloudy? I’ve been having issues with keeping my reservoir clear with power si but then I see others using it in 55 gallon drums no issues … maybe it’s the cal mag I’m using I dunno but I make sure I feed it all within my feeding period to avoid the cloud lol … I’ve cleaned sterilized and and whatever else you can think of like a million times haha

2 Likes

I’m changing water today. I’ll let u know @chris_barfield From what I remember , it was slightly cloudy from the last change. How long have u been using power Si… I love that shit!!! I love how it doesn’t change your Ph vs regular potassium silicate

1 Like

Appreciate you saying so, if that is the case it will be due to other growers like you, Chris, Todd, Vegtato, Bplatinum, Russel, and Osage who have kept me informed along the way. Big ups to all of you for real.

1 Like

That’s what I am doing now. Thanks to your instruction :facepunch:

Mix Rhino Skin into water, let it sit 1 hour, fill Grobo and let it dispense nutes, calmag, and pH, then I inject additives with Hydroguard being last.

This is my first run with it but I do notice a difference. I was alchemist msa stout for silica which I like as well … I do like power si though I’m not going to lie … I don’t want to judge off this next run anyway as I had a messed ph pen that I didn’t catch until my plants showed a phosphorus lock out this next run will be a full cycle with power si and si bloom

1 Like

What are u running in your tent at moment… ? Rockwool or Coco?

1 Like

I’m in coco

1 Like

Todd spittin Grobo pro tips to the Grobo Fam! Sharing knowledge is real cool!

1 Like

Day 74 (FIRST DAY OF FLOWER) It appears my plant is experiencing a very slight case of nutrient burn after introducing Big Bud at 1/4 strength 5 days ago. @chris_barfield @vegetato @Jamminbear @osage would you guys recommend I continue its usage at the same rate, cut it to 1/8, or discontinue it completely? Is slight nutrient burn a good thing, showing that you are pushing your plant to the max? Or is that urban legend/complete BS?

8 Likes

Very nice flowers man! Been waiting to see little peaks!

1 Like

@SWSVIC from what I’m seeing , I don’t see signs of nutrient burn? Are u referring to the the lighter coloration of the new leaves

1 Like

That and the brown tips on a couple of fans:

2 Likes

I wouldn’t be to worried about it. Seen that multiple times on my plants without any issues. I personally wouldn’t use too much of the big buds just to be safe since it might change the nutrient composition of what the Grobo is dispensing.

2 Likes

I’m wondering if Grobo makes its own “Big Bud” type of boost by via specific nutrient amounts dispensed in weeks 2-4 of flower? :thinking: @Stephen

2 Likes

Nope

1 Like

Just keep watching and see if the edges start rusting

1 Like