SWSVIC’s First Grow (Ever...) ILGM GDP

I’d maybe try cutting back on the additives a bit, lower the doses for now. That one is at least within your control.

Did support change your nute levels for next dosing or is it just left as-is? I believe that’s the better fix, to have them modify your recipe to lower the amounts a bit. I’ve seen posts in the past (as recently as 15d ago) where this was done.

1 Like

I will do that also. There was no mention of cutting back. I am going to write them and suggest it and will report back when I receive a response.

I’m growing Blueberry Muffin by Humboldt. It’s an indica dominant hybrid strain.

@SWSVIC you can have them customize the dosage of your nute bottles. I believe the cal-mag dosage will be increasing for my current grow recipe.

2 Likes

Going to reach out and ask what their opinion is on reducing or keeping as is. Will report back with their response.

Holy moley just took the time to read through this entire thread… finally!

There is so much awesome info. I’m going to be referring back to this as my first grow continues.

You the man @SWSVIC!!

7 Likes

You read the whole thread?! That’s awesome, I appreciate it Smudge! Will keep shamelessly posting and questioning :joy:

3 Likes

It wasn’t my intention, but then you kept posting more, so I kept reading! My boss is prob like wtf has this dude been doing all day :joy::joy::joy:

You keep posting, I’ll keep reading, and then we all have fire bud. Great cycle!

2 Likes

:joy::joy::joy: I will do my man! Trapped in the house social distancing (newborn @ home), this is my outlet!

7 Likes

:hibiscus: has arrived!

3 Likes

Congrats on the baby and the bud! Life seems good for you right now!

4 Likes

Appreciate it my man, I work very hard to keep it that way!

3 Likes

Also my outlet :call_me_hand: :smile:

1 Like

The stretch has slowed down greatly, it appears this particular GDP genetic experienced a mild stretch. She is about 22 inches tall, leaving 10 inches between the top of the canopy and the light. Tomorrow morning I am planning to perform my final lollipop defoliation. I plan on removing all small branches that have not made it to the top of the canopy and some fan leaves toward the top that are creating clutter/interfering with bud sites. I would very much appreciate any advice and guidance. Thanks! @Bplatinum9 @vegetato @SilverGrobo @Todd.grobo

15 Likes

I would just recommend you keep removing large fan leaves and any fan leaves blocking bud sites!

4 Likes

I agree with Bp in that you could open up the middle a bit more.

Would recommend trying to target the leaves with the longest stems (the “stretchers”) first/foremost where possible. The reason to target them first is that they take more energy to grow out that long, and then suck more water/energy to maintain (hungrier due to size, harder to feed because of distance).

That said, there’s a bit of balance to be had there – if there’s a shorter stemmed leaf covering a bud that might be the better option (to snip) sometimes, or if that leaf is one of the last “big ones” it might be useful to keep for photosynthesis.

Whatever you do, it is looking great so far. Good job!

4 Likes

Thank you very much @Bplatinum9 & Veg! I will heed your advice :call_me_hand::call_me_hand:

2 Likes

Looks good @SWSVIC
Try not to take off to much in one shot se might shoot up again

2 Likes

Thanks Todd! Will keep it under 20% my man :call_me_hand:

1 Like

I do up to 30 percent myself looks like i hate plants lol

2 Likes

In that case I may be a little more liberal :v::v: