Grobo Idea! Rotatable Lid/Cover

Hey Community,

I’m having a blast with my first grow in the Grobo! One thing I think growers would benefit from is a rotatable lid. I’ve noticed the branches in the back of the Grobo get more light than the branches in the front. This causes me to high-stress train the plant so the branches in the front can catch up.
An easy fix would be able to rotate the lid at 90, 180, or 360 degrees while the plant is installed.

What do y’all think?

5 Likes

I think it could work if we had a Lazy Susan inside it

2 Likes

@NUTTSO642,

{:arrow_left: LazySusan}:

• (Manipulating Your Plant Won’t Go For The Rotation Idea):

• (Magnets On The Walls To Hold Everything Together):

• (Not Rotating This In The Grobo):

{:no_entry:}:

• (I Was Aware That There Was A Fellow Grower That Mentioned Wanting Easy Side Access To The [Side/Back Panels] To Make It Easier To Trim -But- Again That Wouldn’t Work For The Factor Of Magnets Holding Everything Together):

- - -

@NUTTSO642,

• (I Believe So, If The Roots Get Long Enough To Do So):

• (I Actually Bought These [MeshSacks] To Try -And- Contain The Roots From Everything,
    -But- I Haven’t Implimented Them Yet): (Didn’t Know If It Would Work -And- Didn’t Know How I Was Going To Attach It Under The Lid): (If AnyOne Cares To Try [PleaseDo] Share Your Results):

{RootContainment}:

--

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

3 Likes

What if you just lifted the lid and rotated it 180 degrees or a half circle? That should swap the back and front orientations.

2 Likes

I’ll try again but it seemed impossible it very difficult with the plant installed.

1 Like

The biggest problem with that would be the roots tearing! :eyes::seedling:

2 Likes

I guess roots wrapping is a thing with the Grobo. I haven’t experienced it (yet) with my current grow. Does every grow experience roots wrapping around objects in the Grobo?

3 Likes

No but if your going to be turning the lid it will! :eyes::seedling:

1 Like

I disagree. I’m always checking on my roots. When I lift my lid things are normal and there shouldn’t be an issue if I was able to lift and rotate so I could see things as I rotate.

1 Like

Is your problem getting access to the back of the plant? If so go ahead and rotate the lid like you said, and then just rotate it back after you’re done pruning.

If the problem is light access I think you could probably do the same thing. Rotate it 180° for however many days you want. Then rotate it back in the opposite direction to untwist the roots. It seems to me that if the roots were actually kept together in kind of a braid it would be much easier to prevent them from getting tangled then if they’re all just floating around. Of course I’m new to hydroponics so everything I just said is based on my experiences, so i may be completely wrong. I would definitely give it a try though if you are having a problem. Good luck.

2 Likes

Light access is the issue for the branches that sit near the viewing glass of the Grobo. I will attempt to rotate. I was just inquiring on a potential future accessory of optional rotating lids.

2 Likes

Its ok to disagree! Just watch the roots when twisting especially if its full grown! They have a way of twisting around things and you may not notice until harvest when you clean your reservoir! :eyes::seedling:

5 Likes

That’s what I love about this group.

3 Likes