Plants up to 40 days and germination

Good stuff @toeknee

At least we eliminated the easy stuff! See what Grobo guys come back with now. :+1:

1 Like

Well, my girl is bouncing back nicely. Still have to recalibrate tomorrow morning, but manually ph’ing my water saved her. Say hallo to my little friend.

6 Likes

Here are he roots

1 Like

Here we are this morning before recalibrateing my ph sensor (super easy process. I pulled out ph probe, cleaned it with a qtip an towel. Set it in a glass of 7.0 calibration solution. Stephen hits the calibrate button on his end, wait a min. Take sensor out of solution, rinse with ro water. Repeat same steps with 4.0 calibration solution. Rinse and reinsert sensor into grobo.) sounds more difficult than it is. If you have ever calibrated your own ph pen then it’s the exact same process, just Stephen clicking tha “calibrate” button. Here’s my friend and pics of my sensor.

5 Likes

Thanks for the detailed process @Osage

• I’m familiar with the calibration process for pH pens. So it’s safe to say for the Grobo team to perform a remote calibration the grower will need to have the 4.01and 7.0 solution on hand?

• After calibration how close were your numbers to your pH pens numbers?

Last question for @Stephen or @Chris when can we expect a calibration schedule for units from first time of use? Hopefully the indicator is not a sick plant. Some of the first units shipped must be at that point, the longer you wait the higher chance of inaccuracies, correct me if I’m wrong.

1 Like

Well now we have to wait and Stephen will monitor my ph reading and see if everything is as should be. If not then they’ll ship out the new sensor. And yes you would need your own ph calibration solution, both 7.0 and 4.0. Might as well pick up some storage solution while you’re at it. On another note, I’m pretty sure the root system has been tangled around the sensors, thus effecting the readings and creating this clear gell type goo between the four fingers at the bottom end around the actual sensor. Thin they are going to have to block it off like they did with the water sensors.

@Azuri great question. We’ll be working on the feature for calibration in the next couple of weeks and then getting something into the beta phase in the coming months. As this feature is not only a soft launch (the page for the feature in the app), but also a hard launch (the calibration solutions, cleaning kit, and how we plan on getting them to all of our loyal customers :slight_smile: ) it will take us a bit of time to get that all sorted

Regards,

Chris.

3 Likes

@Stephen @Chris could this had been wrong with my unit during first grow? My plant exhibited same signs … ended that grow started a new grow and germinated inside the grobo but broke its own stem inside the coco pod In the grobo due to it sprouting upside down instead up out of the coco pod… so had to end again…

Me and my luck seems like me and my grobo are enemies ugh :pensive::man_facepalming:t3:

@chris_barfield I emphasize that the unit schedule is the executor of giving your plant what it needs at the end of the day. Our generalizations are exactly that: an idea of what happens in most units. If you’re doing drain and fills according to the notifications you get via the app the unit will automatically adjust it to the correct levels required for that stage which, in this case, could either be the “High Fill Line” or the “Low Fill Line”

Regards,

Chris.

@Chris what I’m referring to is the ph sensor being an issue not high fill/low fill…

My bad - the context of these threads are starting to meld into each other in my mind

If you notice issues with this grow please contact support@grobo.io and we can recalibrate your probe with you immediately

Regards,

Chris.

2 Likes

It was a pleasure calibrating with you this morning @Osage,

You are holding steady at 6.0, I’ll keep an eye out for a couple days for you.

Best,
Stephen

3 Likes

Hey @toeknee,

Looks like your bottom water level sensors is unplugged. (We have had a couple come loose in shipping.) This is preventing your system from successfully dosing your plant’s food. Poor little one is hungry! We’ve sent over the repair guide on how to plug it back in. Once the repair is complete, drain and fill your unit to feed your plant and keep me posted on your progress. Good luck!

Stephen

2 Likes

Via email?

I have not received anything yet

1 Like

My girl is happy again. Good growth today even from this morning.

5 Likes

Sill waiting for this guide so i can get this box working properly. It may be time to start this grow over.

Looks good Jerry

pH is looking good @Osage, holding steady at 5.9 for the last 24 hours.

3 Likes

Awesome. Here’s a little peek at our girl this morning.

5 Likes

Looking great!