Green mold on top of pod [RESOLVED]

I’ve responded through support for this one, good luck @Hainesjr1.

This one is a bit more of a concern @Dew, not a beneficial bacteria, more like root rot slime or cyanobacteria. It will harm your young plant by suffocating the roots. I recommend Botanicare’s Hydroguard to help fight off this nasty stuff. If in Canada, applying Hydrogen Peroxide to your reservoir is your best bet, can’t get Hydroguard here.

Stephen

6 Likes

@Stephen what is the best way for @Dew to apply hydro guard? I’d like to know in case I ever run into this issue :crossed_fingers: ( I don’t)

3 Likes

Go to Botanicare website punch in the information for the feeding chart based how many gallons our tank is and it will tell you…I wouldn’t worry about burning the plant as it’s beneficial bacteria helping to break down organic matter … not a supplement as far a nutrient goes… just dump it in the reservoir when you drain and fill and add like a cup or two of water

3 Likes

@chris_barfield do you know what size the tank is?

1 Like

Believe it’s 2.6 gallons

2 Likes

Upon high fill you are looking at 11 litres (2.9 gallons), so I’d add 5-6 ml per drain/fill.

3 Likes

@SilverGrobo,

I’m sorry folks, I guess this video is no longer available at this time???.. :thinking:

1 Like

if you can find it get Hydroguard. Hydrogen Peroxide is a temporary solution i think and you have to apply it daily. Hydroguard is your best bet but I might be wrong

1 Like

@SilverGrobo,

((#NoGoVideo)):

Green mold on top of pod [RESOLVED] - #5 by SilverGrobo - Troubleshooting - AllGrowers Forum | Hydroponics, Harvesting, Cannabis, and more

:x::heavy_multiplication_x::ballot_box::recycle:

--
((#Seed)): ((#Germination)): ((#YouTubeVideo)):

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Starting+From+Seed+How+to+start+Growing+Cannabis

:wink::shushing_face:

1 Like

((#[RESOLVED])):

:wink:

1 Like

Good Morning Barb:
I I was investigating what appears to be a patch of fungi or mold on my new Grobo plant on top of the pod. I have not found the courage to look underneath, as of yet! Here is a pic:

.This is an auto indica and the strain is Melon OG.

1 Like

@buzzy6,

((#Coco-Pod)):

((#CocoPod)): (Reuse/Recycle) : :recycle:

--

((#AbsolutelyCorrect)): :green_thumb:

((#YourGrowYourCall)):

--

--

Summary

--

((#NowMyEMailShowsUp)): :love_letter::laughing::nerd_face:

Green mold on top of pod [RESOLVED] - #42 by SilverGrobo - Troubleshooting - AllGrowers Forum | Hydroponics, Harvesting, Cannabis, and more

--

2 Likes

Those pics were of yesterday. These are of today:

1 Like

So I should not be concerned about this I gather? To brush or not to brush?

1 Like

Your good mine did it every time … I’d worry if you had some dampening …when the water drops … the cocopod will dry out

2 Likes

Oh ok Barb just got this great thanks… I’m a pacifist and opposed killing anything including fungi and mold…Lol

1 Like

Ok thanks Chris

1 Like

Resolved thanks all

1 Like

((#[RESOLVED])):

--

1 Like

Hi Barb, just a quick? Can I raise my Grobo off the floor and put it on a table of some sort, while I have a grow? I’m only 24 days in and I thought Maybe in my next drain… reason being is twofold: I am 6’5 and it’s a long way down plus with my brain surgery every time I bend over I get massive pressure in my head, which isn’t fun! I was thinking a coffe table or something…and would I do harm to the plant, machine, or sensors by moving it now?

2 Likes