Grand Daddy Purps ILGM second grow!

Agree with @miami5th remove fan leaves let the light thru the canopy open up the bud sites

5 Likes

She’s looking good! You can let her go into Flower cycle, no need to extend Transition cycles. I’d remove any new leaf growth that may appear from the bottom area to allow the plant to focus on the main colas. You can also remove big fan leaves blocking the bud sites but be careful on stressing her out too much

2 Likes

~ ~ ~

@Manny,

• (#TeamHasGotYouCovered): {:green_thumb:}:

• (You All Are Awesome):

- - -

@Manny,

• (Your Height Is Just Right, Any Taller Then There Is A Couple Different Ways You Can Approach This Issue): (Manipulate The Branches To Controle The Height):

- - -

@Manny,

botanicare-hydroguard..1~~

• (#TeamHasGotYouCovered): {:green_thumb:}:

- - -

@KleanRipz,

• (#FixMeGrobo): {:hammer_and_wrench:}: image

- - -

@Manny,

• ((#Harvesting)): (#Congratulations): :older_woman: :herb: :green_thumb:

--

:older_woman: :herb: :green_thumb:

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

6 Likes

All growers community I’m on day 72 Flower (Day 13/50) here are some pics before defoliation/ pruning for 3rd week of flowering and after … All my great community of helpers and experts that have gave me great advice as this is my first grow…Thank you so much … Please let me know if I’m in good shape or if you all feel i trimmed too much? Is She gonna get any taller ? Hopefully not. …any advice as I’m coming down home stretch is appreciated , It looks as my nutrient 3 and 5 are getting real low . Do I replace them now or will they last through the rest of this grow? Thanks again…

4 Likes

Hey @Manny nice looking plant! I think she is probably done growing vertically so you are in really good shape there. You may have gone a little bit overboard with the trimming but she will be ok. rh% and temps are excellent!

Definitely secure another set of bottles as you will need them but probably won’t end up using them even 50% on this grow. I’d get the grow kit since you could use another bottle 1 and 2 along with the nutes.

I’m really curious to see how this turns out. Enjoy the best part of the grow - flower! How is she smelling

3 Likes

Easy does it! This is the fun part. She does more work than you! Just keep changing and filling water. She’ll be happy and thank you for it and don’t forget to top off mid week!

3 Likes

Thanks @miami5th for the advice … I thought I got a lil too Edward scissorhands on her … but hopefully she will recover… she has a slight smell still not overpowering as I have her in a spare bedroom … I did purchase those fans you recommended the infinity ones but it seems like I don’t need them yet? I think cause temp and humidity have been good for me here in Illinois … but once again I’ll keep posting pics every water change… @miami5th number 3 and 5 are low on nutrients…should I change now that there is still a lil in there or do I wait till it’s empty? Sorry first grow don’t know if grobo tells us nutrients are empty or low?

1 Like

Thanks @OrionsCeiling … got a question you say don’t forget too top off midweek with more water ? I do get a notification every Friday saying she is thirsty and my regular water change is every Monday …is that the one you are referring too?

3 Likes

Yep. So top her off before the thirsty notification. The roots like to be submerged as much and as often as possible

4 Likes

With the nute bottles near empty I will usually just swap out fresh bottles before I do the drain/fill. Then afterwards I pour the remaining stuff from the old bottle into the new bottle.

I don’t believe there is any notification regarding low nute bottles. It could be possible though which got me thinking.

3 Likes

:thinking: thank you @miami5th … much appreciated

2 Likes

I’m on day 80 flower (day 21/50) … ok first grow for me so all you experienced growers any advice or things I should do ? I think it’s ok , should i be worried about her height? I have heard to stay 3 to 4 inches from top and I’m at 3.5 inches now. Remember i did extend her one week with late vegatation…so now i just wait till we hit day 50? @miami5th @SilverGrobo @Stephen @OrionsCeiling @Todd.grobo @Time2grow @Bplatinum9 @zacuriah @SWSVIC @Vicc

7 Likes

height looks good! she’s budding up. and looks happy. just make sure to watch the larfy bits on the lower branches as they suck energy from your buds making them less dense.

From one grower to another, great first go!

6 Likes

You can push the pod and stalk down into the reservoir to get an inch ot two. Looks good

7 Likes

Looks great @Manny ! It looks like she might be done growing vertically but if not you should be ok. Like @Todd.grobo said you can push the cocopod thru the lid to gain a few inches as a last resort.

Enjoy the flowering stage and you should start to see her frost up with trichomes real soon!

5 Likes

Thanks …I’ll push the pod down a bit on next water fill…much appreciated

2 Likes

I got one that low that low and looks like ot won’t make it to top …so I just cut stem off right?

1 Like

Yep! Make sure to do all your cuttings at once so she isn’t continually stressed. Just one quick culling of weaker branches and leaves covering bud sites. Then leave her be. She doesn’t wanna be overly stressed right now, it’s kinda boring day-to-day but if you take pics at the beginning of each week you can clearly see horizontal growth!

3 Likes

Late to reply… Yes everything they all said! Looks great, your doing a tremendous job on your first grow. The training looks good too!! Keep us updated!!!

3 Likes

Hello growers,Here is my weekly pic updates… I hope it looks ok to all of you expert growers out there? I have a question it’s my first grow so i was wondering since I’m on day 87 Flower(day 28/50) is the grobo going to tell me when to flush? Or is that something i have to do myself and how do i do that? Also what else would y’all suggest at harvest , what do i need ? And how far away do all of you think i am? do i take it all the way to day 50 of flower? And then it will flush automatically, like will the machine not give it more nutrients, or do i have to do something here? I’m confused as to what’s next? Sorry first grow so i don’t know the process, @miami5th @SilverGrobo @Todd.grobo @Stephen @OrionsCeiling @zacuriah @Bplatinum9 Thank you…

6 Likes