Grand Daddy Purps ILGM second grow!

Hello This is my second grow , My first one AK47 i think got strangled by the fibers on cocoa pod but this one looks like it made it an I was so excited to see the roots pop through the cocoa pod and see 4 leaves!!!Thanks to @SilverGrobo and @Todd.grobo @AandM-farms, @Bearbode1 helping me through this second grow. I did start this grow out of cocoa pod first for 36 hours and then transplanted it to cocoa pod… So lets hope for the best and any advice is greatly appreciated , Thank you…

12 Likes

She’s looking stellar so far Manny!! There’s definitely a learning curve, but it looks like you’ve gotten over the first hump! Congrats!! Nice looking root system!!

4 Likes

Looking good :+1: definitely hope we can help you get to harvest. Everyone on AG is very helpful and full of info.

3 Likes

Looks great.
Man that’s a long fat cocoa pod. Ive seen a few like that on here. I only have the ones that came with the grobo and my last one was only as long as the “white tube” on the lid. I actually just had to do this today because I notice it fell through and was way to far into the water.

5 Likes

@Manny,

• ((#ItIsAlive)): :innocent: (Congratulations): (:handshake:)

• (WelcomeToTheWorldLittleOne): :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

• ((#IWillWatchYouGrow)): :herb::seedling:(:eyes:)

• (I’m Concerned For I Do Not See Bubbles In Your Tank):

- - -

@Manny,

• (@Time2grow Is Absolutely Correct -And- We Are Trying To Help): (Did You Say If Your Bubbler Is Working Or Not Yet):? :question:

• (#RootsToWater [Coco-Pod] Dry It Out): (We Are Trying To Help Not To Get [Root-Rot]):

--

:wink::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::sparkling_heart::baby:

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

5 Likes

@zacuriah I’m sorry are you suggesting my cocoa pod is too long.Will this hurt my grow?

1 Like

Not big it will just keep your coco pod dry if you push it up just tad bit Too wet can hurt your grow gently push it up enough so it’s not touching the water the roots are fine.

6 Likes

Thanks @Time2grow …its confusing sometimes cause there are some demos that say it should be flush with the reservoir especially with the newer models @Stephen and @bjorn?

4 Likes

@Manny thanks for the support. I think all is good now, the little cardboard support seems to be working great.

2 Likes

We all go thru similar situation when we get our grobo. I know I did and still learning from everyone here especially the champions on this forum so much knowledge and trick makes even more interesting to learn more.

4 Likes

Yes i am getting bubbles, i was draining the tank and then doing a refill. Thanks, as to pushing up the cocoa pod a bit, what is the best way to do it since mine is flush with the lid? I just dont want to harm the flower…

3 Likes

Just do it the more you think about it the more your going to F up squeeze with your hand gently from the bottom and push up if it doesn’t stay up use 2 toothpicks to keep it up … as @SWSVIC would say don’t F up. Or does anybody have a better way of doing this process

3 Likes

Looking good!

2 Likes

thank you @Angiebaby , I have my fingers crossed and taking all advice from all of you more experienced growers, any help is appreciated :crossed_fingers: :pray: :ear:

4 Likes

Hey @Manny,

The coco pod hasn’t changed. Like ever. However, the lid did get an update. Old lids have a sticker showing placement of the cocopod. New units all have the new lid where the coco pod should start even with the top. Once that seedling emerges, raise the coco pod a bit to help fight off damping off.

Cheers,
Stephen

5 Likes

Thanks @Stephen for the clarification :+1: I had seen some post about the cocoa pods being different but thanks for the info I will raise it up slightly :call_me_hand::+1:

3 Likes

@Stephen @Manny. Push it up ohhhhhh so gently. Especially in that seedling stage. I broke the root stem on my first grow with a little too much man handling. :unamused:

4 Likes

@SilverGrobo, @Stephen, @SWSVIC
Hello I’m on day 5 of early vegetation… got notification to change water :droplet:… here are some pics… question one leaf is curling???should it do that?

3 Likes

Hey Many, yes you should go ahead with the water change as prompted by Grobo. The curling of the two first fan leaves is quite common in the Grobo. Your new growth appears healthy so I would not read to much into it. Obviously keep an eye on new growth for other signs of stress/deficiency.

5 Likes

Transplanting my Grape Guava to the Grobo tomorrow. The start performed incredibly well. I will produce a review that I will post publicly and a list of suggestions which I will post here for private discussion. Thanks again for including me in this beta group.

11 Likes