First Grow - Granddaddy Purp

Definitely a shorty but that doesn’t necessarily mean its an auto… I guess time will tell. Lol. Regardless, you will definitely have to extend late veg at least a few weeks. My 1st photo period took 187 days bc it was a slow growing strain, so it could possibly be that. She’s looking healthy though! Thats whats most important

3 Likes

- - - [2021-09.02]:

Sep 2, 6:54 AM

@Tom_Belfert,

• (Make Sure Your Pod Is Dry [Top/Bottom], -So- You Won’t Suffer From [Damping Off]):

(Click Here To Read More):

--

--

:brain:

- - - [2021-09.15]:

@Tom_Belfert,

• (#YouAreDoingAGreatJob): {:green_thumb:}:

• (Awesome Job): {:green_thumb:}:

~~~

- - - [2021-10.06]:

@Tom_Belfert,

• (Interesting, I_ :eye: Am Following):

Eyes..~~Laugh_Cat~~

--

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

1 Like

Day 29

fourth water change today continued low stress training started using the magnetic cables to hold back a couple fan leaves other than that just waiting for this thing to start gaining some altitude, i’m hoping to not have to extend any phases of the recipe

3 Likes

Day 36
so I was three days away from the Grobo going into the transition phase and I decided to start off with a one-week extension of late vegetation phase just due to the height of the granddaddy purple with all of the low stress training I’ve been doing which may be a little excessive but this is my first semi successful attempt at an indoor grow so my curiosity is getting the better of me and I’ve been trimming and adding low stress training the clips to the plant. I did notice a few of the leaves seem to have been nibbled on by some type of worm or bug I have not found them I’ve searched in the coco pad and I cannot find any worms or larva or bugs or signs of them I did however cut off those leaves just in case whatever it is is too small for me to see, I also topped two more branches, two nodes from the top, and since I was extending the veg phase anyway I figured I’d experiment… I have finally found a cal-mag fertilizer solution for hydroponic grows that has a value of 0 - 0 - 0 on Amazon actually im waiting for it to arrive to helpfully aid in the occasional rust spots on fan leaves…On a sidenote I also purchased a couple toys in hopes of this harvest being pretty good and have a couple little guys going up Bubba Kush and a Super Lemon Haze

3 Likes

So I was reading through posts on the forum and discovered that I made a newbie moves and didn’t calibrate my pH probe before I started the girl so I went ahead and did that and of course it needed to be calibrated all is good to go now but I’m wondering if this could possibly be a factor in why my plant is so short still I understand that I am doing the low stress training but the plant should still be taller than it currently is right now

2 Likes

I just got my grobo in on Thursday I’m on day 3 of northern lights auto looking forward to seeing some green in the next few days as soon as that happens I’ll will upload a photo, I hope you see great results really excited for my first grow as well!!

1 Like

Where did you get your fans from? Also how did you hook your camera up at the bottom right to power? Does the grobo have USB ports in it or did you run it out of the back into the wall outlet? Thank you

The fans I got from Amazon they’re USB powered and they’re actually for the dashboard of a car, and the camera cord I just ran out the bottom corner of the door it’s a tight fit but the door does close

1 Like

Thank you sir, I appreciate it I am going to grab one off Amazon just didn’t know how you powered them!

1 Like

How is your plant coming along Tom?

pH is definitely a factor when it comes to nutrient uptake. There’s a chart out there somewhere (found it)

If the probe was off by a little bit, your plant may have been missing the uptake of some nutes which could slow growth but may not have been soooo off to show the signs of real pH issues. You also do have a lot of LST clips in there so that could be quite hindering as well.

2 Likes

Plant is coming along nicely extended late veg for a week to get some more altitude

4 Likes

Day 41

Trimmed down the lower foliage started to lollipop it, im starting to accept this is just going to be a runt of a plant…contemplating extending late veg another week, on the other hand I may just let the transition phase do its thing and hope for a growth spurt……any thoughts out there?..…I get that i lost some height with the LST but thats only a couple inches at most, and on a side note since I calibrated the PH probe the Grobo seems to be drinking the #2Nutrient substantially quicker

5 Likes

Day 47

Did a pretty big trim the plant finally reached the bottom fan which is kind of concerning because I’ve already extended veg two weeks I think I’m just going to let it finally going to transition and hope for the best there would still be two weeks of transition and then 41 days of flower hopefully that will be sufficient because I have other seedlings going, and one of them is going to need a place to grow

2 Likes

Day 57
switched to transition phase after extending late veg three times plant has managed to grow up through Scrog grate i have in there but I’ve excepted that due to all the low stress training and topping that this plant is just going to be a Shorty with hopefully quite a few bud sites I was also looking into micro grows and decided to throw in a little bubble Kush plant I had started A while ago in the Grobo start but since I had to extend late veg three times with the granddaddy purple the Bubba Kush has just been sitting in veg in the Grobo Start so since I switched to the transition phase I figured I would see what would happen putting this little plant in there on a little shelf I don’t think it’s going to interfere with the other grow since I should have some extra room at the top I know it’s not going to produce much but as an experiment we will see what happens

3 Likes

Day 77

11th water change plant is looking very healthy and is fully in flower now although she is short I’m counting approximately 18 bud sites may have went a little overboard considering the space I’m working with because I topped each branch twice so we’ll see what happens again this is my first grow in a Grobo so it’s all an experiment, also my little experimental micro grow in the cup is also flowering, and thats just using the drained water from grobo each week,

2 Likes

Some bud updates

5 Likes

Looking great. Time to stack and dense up.

3 Likes

Hot damn beautiful trichome production

3 Likes

Nice :+1:t2:

3 Likes