First Grow - Granddaddy Purp

This is my first grow using a Grobo Solid I purchased seeds from ILGM dot com. I am currently on day 7 of germination. I have high hopes for these results, my optimism is being met with lots of skepticism from friends based on size of unit, and price of initial investment compared to tent setup, we shall see

8 Likes

5 Likes

4 Likes

Looking great! Happy gardening!:broccoli:🪴

2 Likes

Best of luck growing!

1 Like

4 posts were split to a new topic: FireBall’s first grow

Day 10 Final day of germination cycle…had to turn up a/c in this room to bring the ambient temp of the room down…dramatically helped regulate grobo internal temp, at one point i hit 92 inside…a/c is now set to 72 in that room and grobo staying between 78-81

2 Likes

Day 12….Day 2/14 Early Veg

3 Likes

Day-15…. just did a fresh water change temp went up a couple degrees so I adjusted the AC in the room accordingly to get it back down around an even 80 or so inside the box, i have noticed the 1st set of fan leaves were slightly wrinkled almost curling, and today i noticed the beginning of a few light brown spots but only on the 2 first fan leaves with only one point to them….not too worried about it for now as these are the only leaves showing any sort of potential issue…ill just keep an eye on it and let Grobo do it’s thing

2 Likes

Day 17

Added a small fan hung from the ceiling of the box just to get some extra air circulation going on got a fifth tier starting so I will probably be topping it in the next few days…

3 Likes

Day 20 everything seems to be going well I trimmed off the original one point leaves because they were starting to curl and turn brown and were no longer doing their job and now have a second set of leaves that have three points which are starting to get rust spots and discolor, I’m not worried as it does not seem to be transferring to the new growth…im thinking there was a pH imbalance at some point which has since normalized…

1 Like

Day 24
last day of early veg sixth tier is about to pop up I’ll probably top her in the next few days cut off the three-point leaves that had the brown spots as they were dying and turning brown and no longer useful to the plant. There is one five pointed leaf that does have some spotting on it but as of right now it’s the only one on the plan the rest of the plant seems to be flourishing to me and maybe even ahead of schedule?

2 Likes

I couldn’t take it anymore and ended up topping it tonight, this is the first time attempting this… how did I do?

2 Likes

I hope i didnt screw this up…

2 Likes

Day 25
First day of late vegetation probably shouldn’t be experimenting on my very first row but I decided to start the low stress training today I’m starting to question whether this is a granddaddy purple feminized seeds or if I accidentally received an auto flower because this plant seems particularly short and stubby to me even getting the first clip on the main stalk was a little tricky… I waited until it at least reached the bottom fan, and was at 6 tiers or nodes

3 Likes

Definitely a shorty but that doesn’t necessarily mean its an auto… I guess time will tell. Lol. Regardless, you will definitely have to extend late veg at least a few weeks. My 1st photo period took 187 days bc it was a slow growing strain, so it could possibly be that. She’s looking healthy though! Thats whats most important

3 Likes

- - - [2021-09.02]:

Sep 2, 6:54 AM

@Tom_Belfert,

• (Make Sure Your Pod Is Dry [Top/Bottom], -So- You Won’t Suffer From [Damping Off]):

(Click Here To Read More):

--

--

:brain:

- - - [2021-09.15]:

@Tom_Belfert,

• (#YouAreDoingAGreatJob): {:green_thumb:}:

• (Awesome Job): {:green_thumb:}:

~~~

- - - [2021-10.06]:

@Tom_Belfert,

• (Interesting, I_ :eye: Am Following):

Eyes..~~Laugh_Cat~~

--

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

1 Like

Day 29

fourth water change today continued low stress training started using the magnetic cables to hold back a couple fan leaves other than that just waiting for this thing to start gaining some altitude, i’m hoping to not have to extend any phases of the recipe

3 Likes

Day 36
so I was three days away from the Grobo going into the transition phase and I decided to start off with a one-week extension of late vegetation phase just due to the height of the granddaddy purple with all of the low stress training I’ve been doing which may be a little excessive but this is my first semi successful attempt at an indoor grow so my curiosity is getting the better of me and I’ve been trimming and adding low stress training the clips to the plant. I did notice a few of the leaves seem to have been nibbled on by some type of worm or bug I have not found them I’ve searched in the coco pad and I cannot find any worms or larva or bugs or signs of them I did however cut off those leaves just in case whatever it is is too small for me to see, I also topped two more branches, two nodes from the top, and since I was extending the veg phase anyway I figured I’d experiment… I have finally found a cal-mag fertilizer solution for hydroponic grows that has a value of 0 - 0 - 0 on Amazon actually im waiting for it to arrive to helpfully aid in the occasional rust spots on fan leaves…On a sidenote I also purchased a couple toys in hopes of this harvest being pretty good and have a couple little guys going up Bubba Kush and a Super Lemon Haze

3 Likes

So I was reading through posts on the forum and discovered that I made a newbie moves and didn’t calibrate my pH probe before I started the girl so I went ahead and did that and of course it needed to be calibrated all is good to go now but I’m wondering if this could possibly be a factor in why my plant is so short still I understand that I am doing the low stress training but the plant should still be taller than it currently is right now

2 Likes