First Grow - AK 47 Auto - HARVESTED

Hi everyone,
Super excited to have my Grobo and a plant! This is my first time and I’m seeking advice on the grow. This is ak-47 autoflower at Day 32 (Transition 8/14). Seed is from ILGM. I am using the AK auto recipe. I haven’t done anything like topping or pruning at all yet.

Are there some fan leaves I should trim? Should I add a scrog screen like others have?

Thanks for the help and advice!

4 Likes

The general consensus is to just let Autos “do their thing” with out topping or doing much training at all for that matter. I wouldn’t worry about defoliating this early. Removing any distressed/weak leaves probably wouldn’t hurt but other than that just let her ride for now. She’s looking great btw. :+1::+1:

4 Likes

May have already asked this… Are you running a humidifier? If not, do you have a plan in place for lowering humidity once you transition to flower?

1 Like

Humidity is a little high.

Yeah the humidity is high. Where I’m at it has been super humid yet cooler recently so I’ve had the windows open.

I do have a humidifier and plan on using it. Usually I have the windows closed and AC on and that keeps the humidity in check.

I was thinking about trimming a few of those big fan leaves to give more light to the bud sites below them. But I may just let her do her thing.

Actually yes I have a de-humidifier and a humidifier XD

2 Likes

I recently plugged my dehumidifier near my box in the basement with an air purifier. I’m getting optimum conditions. Sitting at 40% RH and 22-25 degrees in the box. :facepunch:t3:

Probably going to have to revert to a heater and humidifier for the winter. In Canada we get both ends of the stick.

Same here! We are neighbors and share a border. Although my name suggests miami i’m in a similar climate as you.

1 Like

Cool brother, I’m in Ontario. I border New York.

Update, looking for advice as this is my first time. She seems to be getting tall.

Day 50 (Flower 12/32) AK-47 auto. How does it look? Should I do anything?

6 Likes

What an incredible stretch! Are you seeing any signs of flowering?

Yes, I see white pistils on the main stem as well as those bud branches. Also at most of the branch joints I see white hairs. The plant is also starting to smell really good!

I am a bit worried about how tall she is. There is about 6-8 inches of vertical space left.

1 Like

Yea sounds like she’s still got some more stretching to do my man :grimacing:

@miami5th,

• (#SuperCropping):

[Search results for 'superCropping ' - AllGrowers Forum | Hydroponics, Harvesting, Cannabis, and more]

- - -

• ((#LearningAsWeGrow)): :brain: :green_thumb:

• ((#YouAreDoingAGreatJob)): :green_thumb:

• (Just do as I had to and keep pulling it down the wall): (I have bigger hooks to use if this ever happens again): :laughing:

• (LeavesBelow2ndFan):

• (#Trichomes):

[https://www.allgrowers.com/search?q=trichomes%20user%3Asilvergrobo]

- - -

--

2 Likes

@SilverGrobo
Hey! Yes, I have been supercropping like crazy to try and get the height under control. The main cola has been supercropped twice and is now “S” shaped! I have already pushed the cocopod thru the hole.

What else should I do about the height? Also how many more weeks do you think the plant needs to finish?

Thanks for the advice!

Here are the most recent pics. Day 62 (Flower 24/32)

3 Likes

Should I trim up more leaves? If so, which ones? Could you mark them?

1 Like

Hey @miami5th You have at least another month by the looks of it. Is it still stretching? If so, that’s surprising this late into flower.

You can certainly do some trimming, there is a lot of undergrowth using up energy that should be focused up top, the top can be cleaned up a little also, to give your bud sites the light they deserve! Check out the tutorial below, you are out of ideal time period to lollipop but there is so much growth I really don’t see it hurting your plant.

3 Likes

Thanks man! She does seem to be slowing down as far as stretching but still doing some. She is drinking about 0.5-1 gallon every other day when I do fill ups.

I will trim up some more and continue supercropping and using tie downs to keep her away from the light.

Any other tips?

2 Likes