Help Needed

Ooooh also my first seed was a dud. That’s probably why they are lower than normal. I have a spare on hand of each.

2 Likes

Just realized I have one more tip for you. When you take pics, press the button on the back of Grobo briefly to change the light to “photo mode” so the picture comes out looking brighter like the ones I posted. You can see much more detail on the plants.

1 Like

I was wondering how your photos looked so good! I didn’t know how to. Knowing is half the battle, lol. Also I read the whole thread on what you suggested to me. Learned a bunch!

3 Likes

That’s what we’re here for!

You just took me back to being a kid…GI JOE!!!

3 Likes

Another follow up question. As my plant has double in size, I noticed that as soon as the new level of leaves/grow sprout up, the previous lower level starts to get those brown spots. It’s not killing the leaves or seeming to affect the growth or anything else. Is this still considered normal (so I know for future grows)? From other posts I did check under the leaves and everything else nothing appears to be abnormal in that regard for insect infestation nor root rot.

@santo837,

• (You Can Only See :eye::eye: These If They Are Made Public):

ShareYourGrow..1~~ {#Public}:

(GrowJournals): (ClickHere):

@Randy_Johnson,

~~~

@santo837,

- - - [2021-06.25]:

@santo837,

• (The Top Pictures Showing Me Topping A Second Time, Leaving Two Beautiful Shoots :v:):

{:top:}:

- - - [2021-07.07]:

@Gmann,

• (I Think Is Best To Grow It To The Bottom Of The First Fan, -Then- Leave A Stump [In Turn Leaving Two Beautiful Shoots :v:]): :wink:

- - - [2021-07.22]:

@kruz_Control,

• (#I_:eye:Do_I_:eye:_Do): {:wink:}:

(SomeMoreInfoHere): (#ClickForMore):

--

• (#Welcome): :wave:t4: :wink:

--

:brain:

--

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

3 Likes

Absolutely love :heart: all this! I can learn so much better by video, actually seeing it done while being explained. I am still so nervous. This is literally my first grow - I’m a medical patient. I’m totally out and refuse to pay $100 for 1/8 of an ounce anymore, just can’t afford it. Hence the reason I don’t want to ruin this grow. With that said, and the confidence after watching the videos from the multiple sources (loved each one!) may I show you better pictures (picture mode now know!!! Yay) and have assistance/replies on what everyone sees then I will clip for maximum yield if possible?? Thank you again everyone.

2 Likes

When in doubt post and the A-Team (allgrowers team) has got you covered!!! :eyes::seedling:

1 Like

At this point in time I only feel comfortable clipping the large fan leaves. Even though I watched the videos, the pruning of the top where the budding would be - that is what I am worried about. I DO NOT want to hurt my first baby lol. Should I take off the leaves just under the top canopy getting little light like on the videos? Any other altercations that aren’t to advanced?

1 Like

Also you can see those spots better than before.

Autos dont really like to be defoiliated because they havd a short grow period which doesnt allow them to recover.
You may want to rely more on grobo supports to keep leaves away from bud sites when growing autos.
However I still think it wise to keep your flower bed/floor from any dragging, spotted or large fan leaves early on.
With that said definitely remove the lowest, biggest leaves! :eyes::seedling:
Example:

Topping: image

image !

If you need help just post a picture of the area your getting ready to top and we can walk you through! :eyes::seedling:

1 Like

I don’t see any little growths on mine like this (from the picture below) where the small red line is. So I am not sure what to do.

Here is a close up on mine. It’s on top of the main thick center stem. Wouldn’t that be the main bud like on the videos? Or because it’s a auto that doesn’t happen?

Also, making sure I am correct in understanding, don’t trim autos - but this time because they were touching the bottom and I didn’t have supporters it’s recommended to take just the bottoms off? I placed a :x: on the ones I should clip off just this one time (some X’s are the same leafs).

2 Likes

You have chosen the correct leaves to remove!
These are usually removed before late veg.

If you take your thumb and index finder,
lay it on top of the bud site within the red circle and stroke the leaves downward with the thumb and index , sorta like you do when you make a picture wider on your phone screen.

This will open up the plant so you can see the inside, which will expose a small set of leaves for you to remove with your fingers or shears. :eyes::seedling:

1 Like

Okay……I did it! I only sniped the center one - and left the other two little ones on the sides of it alone. This is correct, right? I really don’t see those formations on the other branches yet or missed it on this level of forming. But when I do, I just do the same thing? My hands were shaking, lol.

1 Like

You only top the uppermost one. if you want to top again, the two shoots that grow out of where you just cut would be what you top but i don’t recommend going that far on your first grow.

1 Like

Can’t be sure without a pic of what you cut or a pic of the plant you cut…:eyes::seedling:

Okay here it is….

BEFORE:

AFTER:

5 Likes

I did it correctly?

2 Likes

Yeah. Good job!

3 Likes

Congratulations! You have successfully topped your first plant!!! :rainbow::eyes::seedling:

2 Likes