Why is she so small?

Oh!! Hope!!! Yay!! I’m attached to her so I hope there’s hope for her!! I did put the extension bar on just the last week that she was in the Start. I was going to leave her in there the whole 6 weeks but she seemed so small that’s why I moved her last week to the Premium. I had her on the 13 hour lift cycle. I fill every Monday, this coming Monday will be my first drain and fill cycle. It’ll be technically 9 days for this first drain/fill since I started on a Friday, but then I’ll be back on an every 7 day cycle.

4 Likes

could’ve been the shorter light cycle, 20 on/ 4 off recommended. Did your nute bottles in grobo dispense on your fill? I would give her a week in grobo if nutes dispensed and decide from there. Just my personal opinion after running into my own issues with a grow. Also, as i’m not aware of transferring from the start, what stage does your grobo show it’s in? Maintenance>Shift Schedule

3 Likes

Oh you know I really couldn’t tell if nutrients dispensed, the bottles are so new and full still. The app actually tracks from the start. So I entered it in the app the day I planted the seed. So it was tracking where she should be, which is late veg. But I extended her grow a week and will keep extending. I actually asked about that lighting thing!! I had read in the FAQ’s that it should be 20/4 but the Start only does 13 hours on and they said that because the start is so close to the plant it absorbs more UV and only needs 13 hours on rather than the 20. Good suggestion though! I wondered the same thing! I’m trying to soak up everyone’s tidbits of info :blush::blush: I may start a new seed in the background in the Start but really hold out hope for my current girl!! :crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers:

4 Likes

If the Grobo nutes dispensed you’d notice, especially with brand new bottles. if they didn’t, do a drain/fill. she wont grow without sustenance. mark your bottle level with a sharpie, then do a drain/fill and wait an hour without adding ANYTHING, then see if the levels change. and mark that. If they change, give it a week. If they don’t change, submit a support ticket.

If you start a new seed and this one flourishes, you’ll be out a plant. TOTALLY up to you, but a week isn’t a huge loss of time.

4 Likes

Oh that’s a great idea about the sharpie!! I’ll do the drain and refill right now and let you know what I find out tomorrow!! Thanks again I really appreciate your help!!! I agree I’m definitely gonna give her another week :smiley::smiley:

8 Likes

@Newbie,

• (#TeamHasGotYouCovered): {:green_thumb:}:

• (You Can Easily Save This Little One Together): (The Suspect Is [DampingOff] To Your [Pete-Pod]): (Your Pod Should Be Able To Dry Out In [EarlyVeg.] -But- Now The Water Has Risen Back Up To The High Fill Line Again In [LateVeg.]):

https://www.allgrowers.com/t/stages-in-a-grow-cycle/1740/3

• (You Have A Choice To Send Her Back To [EarlyVeg.] Until She Is Strong Enough for [LateVeg.] Water & Nutes): -Or- (Manually Take Water Out To The Middle Fill Line): -Or- (Put In A Ticket [:tickets:] To Ask Support How We All Can Keep Our [Pete-Pods] Dry In The Grobo)

• (PutInATicket): [:ticket: :tickets:]: {ClickHere}:

• (Sop-Up Wet With Napkins): (Blow A Fan On Pod):

https://www.allgrowers.com/t/9607/1

- - -

@Newbie,

• (Keep Extending For As Long As It Needs): {:white_check_mark:}: (#EarlyShowing):

- - -

• (#TeamHasGotYouCovered): {:green_thumb:}:

@Newbie,

(GrowJournals): (ClickHere):

- - -

@Newbie,

• (Look Above Here Where I Show You How Stephen’s Plants Were Starting To Bloom): {:point_up:}:

--

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

6 Likes

By any chance is this seed an auto? That would explain alot. You should have went to early veg when transferring into the grobo considering the size. Have you checked your air stone to be sure it was on and bubbling? :eyes::seedling:

5 Likes

@Newbie You can go ahead and remove the wick at the bottom of the peat pod basket. This will help dry out the peat pod.

7 Likes

Thank you!!!

1 Like

She’s supposed to be a feminized seed so I believe that is not auto flowering? Sorry I’m still so new and this was my first time buying seeds!!

2 Likes

Auto are usually feminised or regular! :eyes::seedling:
Dont apologies that’s what were there for!
Learning from each other and having fun!

1 Like

I do really enjoy this!! I thought I wouldn’t mind it but now I’m totally enjoying learning all about it!! Everything I can get my hands on!! I am doing just a by the book grow for this first round but then I can’t wait to experiment!! And I didn’t expect to be so attached to her!! :smiley::smiley:

3 Likes

Oh shoot, now I have no idea what she is…auto or not. :thinking:

2 Likes

Check your order info from ILGM or take a pic of the sticker on the bag and post it. This is important info to have for the rest of the grow.

3 Likes

I did check the aerator tonight when I did the water change! Good tip thanks!

1 Like

Hmmmmm it doesn’t say on the order or on the bag. So I’ll send them an email to confirm!

2 Likes

Curious to find out the seeds’ genetics :eyes:

3 Likes

It looks like the seeds on their website that I picked should be photoperiod their customer service people said.

1 Like

Hi everyone!!! I wanted to thank you guys so much! A damp pod seems to have been the issue! Attached are photos from today. She’s making progress! I’m going to keep her in late veg for another week or two and do some low stress training. I just topped her yesterday!

5 Likes

Not too shabby for a month!! :smiley: she’s in her last day of transition and I gave her a haircut today. I read not to give her a haircut this late. But looking at some people’s plants I still don’t know if I trimmed enough! I read some people say don’t trim top fan leaves other say it’s ok to trim big leaves. :woman_shrugging: Do you guys think she looks ok to go into flower?

4 Likes