Upgrades you would like to see in the future

I was impacted by this exact issue during my current grow.

I agree with the above requests. The fact that there are potential issues with the growing process is acceptable. Draining and refilling is not a solution it’s a workaround. Why isn’t there an option to manually advance?

The lack of any notification or feedback that the system is not functioning as expected isn’t acceptable. Like the feedback mechanism you are proposing is that the plant doesn’t look great, so you have to submit a ticket, at which point you guys look at data we can’t see and immediately notice that the drain and fill didn’t happen correctly? In my case this happened on a Friday so I was out of luck until Monday. The other suggestions were to listen for the sound of the nutrient pumps running after drain and fills - lol like you can hear that over the fans/vibrations. I have since resorted to marking nutrient levels.

Please fix this. Also can you PLEASE add an option to turn off the lights during drains and fills? Better yet - an option to turn off the lights for a few minutes so that I don’t have to click the back button every 30s when checking in on my plant to enter “photo mode” and avoid blinding myself. The lights are bright af and even though everything is legal where I live I don’t exactly want to advertise that I have a grow box in my place.

4 Likes

I love this feedback @LtcTerps.

We have been looking at integrating a wifi strength indicator on our Status page. Yes, a status page is in consideration for users to see more information about what is happening with their unit.

Stay tuned!! Great feedback, keep it coming…,

Stephen

6 Likes

Hey @ba_zinga,

Thanks for your feedback. We have heard this very clearly and are developing a new screen in the app that will let you see an overall status of your unit. I love this new feature as I run 10-20 units at a time in the grow lab. You will see a beta feature roll out once the shift schedule feature is out of beta testing.

This is the 1st and only feedback that I’ve seen to request the lights go off during drain/fills. We purposefully change the spectrum to let the user know what is happening and I feel that having the lights go off will be weird for most users. Let me know if I’m wrong here growers…

Love the feedback, we are listening and want to improve at all times!

Cheers,
Stephen

6 Likes

@Stephen I think it would be better to extend the photo period timer. 30sec isn’t long enough. To get great pics you need time to focus and get in position.

8 Likes

:thought_balloon: Just an idea - but could you get somebody else to click the button in the app when it turns off so you can stay in position (and focused)? That’s what I’ve been doing. :partying_face:

2 Likes

@Stephen,

((#Correct)):

I like the light change when it is done…

((#AnotherCorrect)):

This is me: ((#HeyHunINeedAGreenShot))…

:wink::camera::camera_flash::groboone::green_thumb:

((#LightSettings)):

:bulb::groboone::green_thumb:

2 Likes

Not if I’m home alone, which I am most of the time.

1 Like

I would like to see the following:

1. An on / off switch with easier access instead of having to pull out the barrel plug or wall plug and then plug back in. This will minimize these parts from becoming warn. I usually have to unplug every other day due to the grobo internet disconnecting (reason unknown). Probably gonna hook into a Wemo or other switchable iOS device.

2. A better upgraded pump that is quieter and more secure so it does not rattle the whole machine. Mine is 70-80 dB and annoying. I won’t b able to put in more dynamat till the next drain/fill or till the grow is over.

3. Thumb screws-machined (I have some on order to test) to make the removal of back panel easier.

Thanks! Keep up the great work !

4 Likes

I like number three

1 Like

@Stephen.
Yeah I like the light on when doing a water change. I change mine while it’s on night mode so I like the light honestly.

2 Likes

Why can’t I see the data you can see? You can tell me a log of Wifi connectivity, dosing, PH, temp, humidity, light schedule, PPM…

I can see a single notification until I click it, then it’s gone forever; and I can see the overall day and date in cycle it is.

While I get it’s automated, why hold onto the information? Why not use an off the shelf visualization engine and let us play with the information like no other system? No need to give us control, but knowing there’s information I’m locked out of is the 2nd biggest reason I’m already looking into my own DIY system (first being size of Grobo).

Standard application features like an Android and iOS app, push notifications, calendar of upcoming items, adding of tasks, ability to tell it what kind of training you want to do, and get tips (SCROG, Super Cropping, Topping, etc).

Ability to have a webcam integrated in the future.

Great unit for first time growers, love the community, but just wish for some (what feels like in 2019) basic functions in a webapp.

7 Likes

@Tito - I tried a 4K Arlo cam and had interference.

2 Likes

Not sure this has been mentioned, but day one stuff - a power button…

A single on/off rocker switch is a few dollars.

Pulling the power cable or flipping the surge protector is concerning for those of us whom have to do it often or add a reboot from the GUI under maintenance. Since the reboot seems to correct a lot of common issues these seems like a necessity.

A list of grobo items such as a manual sent with each unit or a downloadable pdf outlining disassembly scenarios, parts. Potential upgrades we can do ourselves to existing equipment such as airstone or wireless card.

(Not sure if there is onboard memory but if not) Internal storage such as a microSD card so the schedules can be downloaded to the card and work directly off that. Can’t imagine what happens when a fiber run is cut for some isp due to some construction which could result in a few days w/out internet and the grobo “not checking in”. If this happens during a drain or fill day/period the user has to take feeding upon him/herself as manual filling the unit doesn’t trigger the feeding (at least in my case).

I agree with much of Tito’s feedback. Access to our probes data would be great! For those of us that check regularly we wouldn’t be inclined to open up and take manual readings and seeing this data we could potentially fix our own ph/nute problems before they became troublesome to our plants.

4 Likes

@TheWarden , what kind of camera? My GoPro 7 doesn’t have that issue in any light setting. It did a little like your shot, but I figured out that was the slow shutter speed and the ever so mild vibration of the plastic tray. Once I stabled the tray with magnetic hooks I got better pics

Grow lights on and off

2 Likes

@James - I feel same about cycling power. I connected it to a iOS controllable (Wemo) outlet. Works great!

1 Like

@James - Great idea using the magnets to hold the plastic tray down! Thank u!

Arlo cam I’m using: Arlo Ultra - 4K UHD Wire-Free Security 1 Camera System | Indoor/Outdoor Security Cameras with Color Night Vision, 18° View, 2-Way Audio, Spotlight, Siren | Works with Alexa | (VMS5140) Amazon.com

I’ll have to play with settings

1 Like

Magents 11$ - I got two sets

2 Likes

You don’t have the light on changing water? My light isn’t off changing water. That’s odd.

1 Like

For me, The non-grow light LED kicks in during drain and fill and once done it kicks back over to the grow lights

2 Likes

Ok so the white light will be on I start draining the green tinted light comes on and fills. When fill is done white light comes back on.

1 Like