SWSVIC’s First Grow (Ever...) ILGM GDP

@Cutty3026, @Flyers28
Big bud I start at week 2 of flower and I use 3 teas in each fill of the reservoir.

6 Likes

Thanks B!

1 Like

Man, I feel like an outsider right now not having any buddha growing :weary:. I might just scrap my plan to plant both my grobo seed & bucket seed simultaneously since I’ve been delayed for over a month after 2 lost shipments for the bucket setup. I need to get off this bench and back in the game. My lil window herb setup is exciting, but not as exciting as growing Jack Herer :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

3 Likes

Just get a floraflex kit and your life will
Be much easier

1 Like

LAST DAY OF LATE VEG. (Day 59 - 35/35 of Late Vegetation)

Very excited for the next chapter of this grow! Early this morning I gave her her first lollipopping treatment followed by another water change to give her some fresh nutrient support. I will now let her stretch uninhibited for the next 3 weeks at which point I plan on doing another significant round of lollipopping. From there I intend only to remove leaves that are blocking bud sites and only after first trying to effectively “tuck” them. Real talk: I legit cannot wait to see this thing stretch and flower, stoked af :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:.

——————————————————————-

One portion of my ScrOG grid was not filled in and it’s causing my OCD to flare :joy: I left this little guy to see if he would catch up. If not, I will most likely remove it in my week 3 lollipop trim.

——————————————————————

Upon conducting my water change today, the water in was precisely the same solution as what went in on Wednesday. I had hoped that I would receive better news on the water out front however the PPM700 was still excessively high at:1690. Perhaps this is due to the buildup of Recharge in the reservoir. Bottle 4 has about 1 dose left and 3 & 5 have about 2, @Dani looked into my nutrient distribution and confirms that it is within optimal parameters. It is my understanding that all bottles should last at least one full grow, I understand that I have extended yet I am only 59 days in and will be replacing bottles 3, 4, & 5 within the next couple of weeks. In no way is this a complaint, I have many backup bottles, just wondering if this is “normal”. @Stephen , any thoughts on this? Also, don’t be shy with that weedwine my man, your boy is thirsty down here! :joy:

—————————————————————-

Water coming out of the Grobo was still very brown even though no Recharge was used in my last refill (completely expected as the Grobo does not pump out all water, not to mention I am sure there is a bit of build up). Will be interesting to see how many drain/fills it takes to clear up.

——————————————————————-
I’m seeing a lot of incredible work around AG from all of you, extremely impressed on what we’re all accomplishing in these little boxes. Still can’t say how happy it makes me to be a part of this community. If I had a glass of weedwine I’d cheers with all of you :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::beers:

Grow well,
Vic

10 Likes

Looking good :+1:

2 Likes

Looking good @SWSVIC :beers:

2 Likes

Wild… nothing seems to slow this plant down. Even after heavy defoliation yesterday she put on about another 1.5” since yesterday and is now at the top of the second fan in certain areas. Perfect timing for her switch to transition today.

@chris_barfield @Russel_Richardson @vegetato I would like to do some Super Cropping at some point before she begins to flower, is it wise to do so during transition? Or did I miss my window for Vegetative Super Cropping?

4 Likes

You can super crop anytime you want man… Stop listening to google lol only way you will get better is to try and mess up and learn literally the only way you
Learn this plant …

8 Likes

I agree my man, just trying to minimize F ups while learning.

5 Likes

Fuck ups are the way to go … if sti
Be doing dumb shit if I didn’t lol plus messing really teaches you you don’t have to be so gentle lol… certain strain like chem 91 and that family are quick to herm for stupid shit but that’s becuase chem dog family started from herm seeds which people fail to realize just three remained stable enough to
Flower and make it through but you like to buy from the same breeeders I do which I know they test for hermi under extreme conditions that we would never be able to achieve … for instance bloom won’t sell any line if they can’t withstand 100 degree veg and flower all the way through which is just one of his stress tests

11 Likes

Copy that, that’s good info. When cropping can I do multiple branches at a time or should I only do one at a time?

1 Like

Also a fuck up would be a little easier to cope with if I had more than 1 plant :joy::joy::joy:

3 Likes

Yea can trim top and super crop all at once just give them time to bounce back before doing it again … I’ve left a plant in a dwc bucket with no nutrients or bubbler and made it through veg and flower without dying

5 Likes

:muscle::muscle::muscle: thanks homie

1 Like

Agreed with @chris_barfield
Fracking up is the only way to learn. More invested?
More willing to make action when action is required. More risk more reward.
I think i almost went a full year before i grew smokeable product. I would love to have harvests like @chris_barfield and @Bplatinum9 etc but nor do i have the time or patience for that. I think with further upgrades the machines will be very useful for years. Still tons to learn for me. But back to original point of chris. Important for all new growers. Making mistakes is ok. It sucks but the knowledge you gained becomes invaluable next time. And with everyone sharing there is lots of knowledge. :cupid:

16 Likes

Solid points Todd, appreciate you bud :facepunch:

6 Likes

I wholeheartedly agree as well. That’s one of the important ways of learning to grow this wonderful plant is by messing up. Honestly you will do some stuff she may not but in my experiences with my grows they are, for the most part, insanely resilient and will take anything you throw at them. I’m currently heavily defoliating my girl and much like yours, isn’t taking a hit.

10 Likes

After indulging in the luxury of the Grobo, I wanted to take off the training wheels so to speak and try out the old school bucket system. I like the aesthetics of the Floraflex system so I’ll probably come around to it at some point. My delays were because of Amazon/USPS, BUT I just planted my babies last night :grin: I have the water chiller attached to the Grobo, and the bucket system is gonna be running off of just sunlight, 75F + nute water, and oxygen. It’s gonna be a fun experiment :nerd_face:

13 Likes