Soil has white layer on it & some general questions(late flowering stage) [RESOLVED]

All good! Better to ask some questions instead of finding out the hard way.

I see you found my thread :slight_smile: Blue Dream CBD!

5 Likes

yes I did! great thread!

I noticed that you have installed extra mini-fans. I have just placed an order for 2 and thought to install them in my grobo for extra ventilation. I am on day 19 of 38 ( flower). If I install fans now is it okay or will I put my plant through shock?

Also, I saw that your lower stems look very neat as opposed to mine, should i trim all that extra growth or not a good idea?

3 Likes

Well, I did some earlier lollipopping around Day 5/14 of Transition, and a little more after that too… I flipped my plant to flower when it around the top of the first fan, and she tripled in size! I didn’t know how much to take off considering I didn’t expect such a stretch to be honest, I thought maybe double size.

I am not 100% sure if it’s okay to remove that lower stuff now. Some of it is budding already, so in some way you might be removing some spent energy from the plant and also risk shocking it. However, I feel like I’ve seen some people remove stuff this late and be okay…with that being said, I definitely could have removed the lower 50% of my plant but since they all are budding I decided I kinda missed my window for that and am going to keep them all there, even if they are just larfy popcorn buds used for edibles or something like that.

I am going to defer you to some of the champs to get their opinion on the matter…

@Todd.grobo @vegetato @SilverGrobo @Bplatinum9 :

Too late to lollipop ?

3 Likes

Yes imo too late too top. But takr off all that bottom stuff unless it gets a lot more direct light

6 Likes

I think ill do the same, I made it this far i’m not willing to risk it ahaha

1 Like

I managed to take some close up photos of the colas and thought to share

5 Likes

Nice pics!! Yeah our plants are pretty much at the same point it seems like! Yours looks like it might be a couple days ahead of mine in the flowering due to the trichomes on the calyxes in the centers of the buds.

Mine didn’t start flowering until like over 3 weeks after the flip to 12/12… was starting to get worried

3 Likes

I am right behind you!

@Zahraa_Msa Those are great looking buds on top!

3 Likes

thanks! do you guys think I should extend flowering stage, i’m currently on day 19/38 ?

3 Likes

Yes. Flowering stage is typically 7 to 9 weeks. You can look yours up on leafly

5 Likes

I would get rid of the mold. I don’t know if you can use Niem oil with a Growbo but if it was me I’d get rid of the mold and find the dust mites. It’s biding so don’t let it go up and I’d get rid OF that mold ASAP

1 Like

yes but isn’t transitioning part of flowering stage basically?

1 Like

how do i get rid of the mold then ?

another question… can i slightly move the higher stems out of the way to let maxximum light reach the lower buds? pictures below

2 Likes

She looksgood to be honest. Tuck and bend

2 Likes

I faught mold on my 1st grow I didn’t get it until I had to move them outside. But I battled it all the way through the flower stage as well. It sucked but I took a damp paper towels and wiped of every leaf.
Then I used a spray bottle and weekly I’d spray and saturate the buds and leaves and seems. I grew some good weed on that grow (Lost coast plant therapy) it doesn’t make it weed taste bad either.
That’s what I did and it worked with mine. And Grobo or not … You need to treat it plants or kill it

@Zahraa_Msa,

• (#TeamHasGotYouCovered): {:green_thumb:}:

image pyromancy {#ChampionToMe}:

- - -

@Zahraa_Msa,

• (Maybe You Can [Top-Up] More Often When She Is Big -Or- When It Is Dry Out):

--

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

3 Likes

hey guys im on day 2 of flush and i notice the top fan leaves looking weird. I attached some pictures below

2 Likes

How are the trichomes looking? That is the best indicator to determine when to switch to Flush mode and harvest.

There appears to be quite a lot of white pistils/hairs on the buds. This is an indicator that she needs to ripen up more. You may want to move her back to the Flower stage and perform a drain/fill if the current water in the DWC tank does not have nutrients. Check out this guide:

3 Likes

Lots of white pistols on there so shes not ripe yet, maybe a couple weeks.

A couple things happen during flowering stage that dont in other stages
1, the plant is worse than a teenager and super finicky, 2, those leaves will start to die for two reasons, one being there at the light and getting burnt, and two the plant is pillaging them for resources. As this is hydroponic, you also have the possibility your probes are dirty as you likely havent cleaned them since the start of the grow, which is past there recommended maintenance cleaning periods.
As its mostly your top leaves and the very tips of every leaf are brown, you have nutrient burn. What i would do to prevent this is top up every day or very least every two days. This keeps the waters PH more balanced not causing spikes because less water = more potent nutrients.
She definitely has 10-15 days left in flower and 10 days flush.

Good job getting this far @Zahraa_Msa you’re doing good and shes coming in for the finish

4 Likes