Soil has white layer on it & some general questions(late flowering stage) [RESOLVED]

hey guys im on day 2 of flush and i notice the top fan leaves looking weird. I attached some pictures below

2 Likes

How are the trichomes looking? That is the best indicator to determine when to switch to Flush mode and harvest.

There appears to be quite a lot of white pistils/hairs on the buds. This is an indicator that she needs to ripen up more. You may want to move her back to the Flower stage and perform a drain/fill if the current water in the DWC tank does not have nutrients. Check out this guide:

3 Likes

Lots of white pistols on there so shes not ripe yet, maybe a couple weeks.

A couple things happen during flowering stage that dont in other stages
1, the plant is worse than a teenager and super finicky, 2, those leaves will start to die for two reasons, one being there at the light and getting burnt, and two the plant is pillaging them for resources. As this is hydroponic, you also have the possibility your probes are dirty as you likely havent cleaned them since the start of the grow, which is past there recommended maintenance cleaning periods.
As its mostly your top leaves and the very tips of every leaf are brown, you have nutrient burn. What i would do to prevent this is top up every day or very least every two days. This keeps the waters PH more balanced not causing spikes because less water = more potent nutrients.
She definitely has 10-15 days left in flower and 10 days flush.

Good job getting this far @Zahraa_Msa you’re doing good and shes coming in for the finish

4 Likes

thank you for the advice! i unfortunately could not switch back yesterday. is it okay that i switch back to flowering on day 3 of flush?

if i do need to extend the flowering stage for how long? and is it not a problem that i am already at day 3 of flush?

here are some clearer pictures of the flowers

2 Likes

Yes, the plant needs at least 7 more days of flower. I would go back to Flower for 7 days and continue to check the trichomes often.

Once you start to see more orange hairs than white you are getting close. We are close to that point and the finish line!

3 Likes

i topped off the plant a bit is this too much?

1 Like

Yeah that’s totally fine. I also trim up the leaves if they are blocking bud sites. Always go slowly and give her time to recover in between trims.

1 Like

General rule is no more than 20% at a time!
Unless your entering flower stage when a heavier defoliation is key. :eyes::seedling:

3 Likes

i extended flowering for an extra week, should i extend more or move to flush now?

pics attached below xx

1 Like

How are the trichomes looking?

It kinda looks like new pistils (white hairs) are forming on some of the buds? How far away are the top colas from the light? Can you post a picture showing the whole plant in frame?

the trichomes look quite cloudy but I am no expert… i attached some photos below, i think that i can move to flush now but im still not sure…
The plant is a white widow x big bud, maybe that explains the white hairs?

1 Like

When checking the trichomes you may need 30x-60x magnification to see them. It’s hard to see the status of the trichs in these pictures but it looks like about 50% of the pistils have changed from white to orange.

Can you pickup a 60x jeweler’s loupe?

1 Like

I have a jewelers loupe, most of the trichomes seem slightly cloudy to me

ok cool. Yeah I think you can move to Flush. You may not need to full 10 days of flush but go for at least 5. The trich cloudiness will be your guide as to when to harvest.

2 Likes

I would have removed them huge leaves already. It’s normal for leaves too die off when flowering

2 Likes

i’ll do so for the next grow!

1 Like