OG Kush - take 2

I’ve also noticed that pattern! I wonder if the nute dose is too high to start with?

2 Likes

Hey @rainstorm3 I think you’re on to something. Let me tell you what I did this time around. I knew at day 11 it changes from germination to early veg growth. Instead of waiting until day 14 week 2 I did my drain and fill on day 11 thinking my plant would get an early taste of some nutes. Well yeah bad move the first leaves got and overdose of cal/mag and other stuff and they didn’t end up pretty.

Dosing the plants to much or to early is not good as I found out. My new growth is fine now but jumping the gun on a young fragile plant with nutes isn’t good.

3 Likes

Funny @Azuri I’ve been leaving my drain and fill longer, about 2-4 days after it recommends in this early stage of veg In the hopes that it wouldn’t OD in that first stage. Now seems to be doing awesome. I just trimmed and bent a buncch of the plant but I’ll take a pic in a few Fay’s when it recovers. Looking really strong now.

1 Like

Hey @rainstorm3 check this pic out. I did the first dosing on day 11 as you said my little girl OD’d and this pic is day 16 suffering the hangover. I didn’t even bother alerting Grobo guys as it was my own doing and all the new growth was good, She’s fine now at day 24.

Hey @alucard on your post about your plant look at my girl below a little rough but she’s fine and yours will be fine too. Your new growth looks good. :+1:

3 Likes

@Azuri,

Tell everyone a secret ((we have the sticker in our lid))… We watched the video (GroboTeam) made and used the (flush to the lid) method and never had a problem… Never knew or questioned the sticker and it really stood out when we harvested the first grow… :hearts::wink:

1 Like

Knowing we have the sticker, on the 2nd grow I gave the seed a (DripDrop) each day at the top of the coco-pod:

(I peeked) Until I noticed life, then stopped…

2 Likes

I haven’t been here in a while so thought I’d update! Day 57, and she’s already bigger than my first plant (same strain) with what looks like a few more bud sites. Woot!

4 Likes

Hey @rainstorm3

Plant is looking good. I see more trimming going on this time around and your 1st grow did go through some mechanical hiccups with the Grobo. Great news with your better results. :+1:

1 Like

Day 67.

Ok. Wow. Hadn’t looked in the box for over a week and HOLY she got big and bushy.

Did my drain and fill and took some before and after light trim pics.

What a difference this time around has made. Crazy what the lack of stress in the early days can do for her growth!

8 Likes

She is going to be explosive!!! Hopefully she won’t make it to the lights lol.

3 Likes

Hey @rainstorm3

I’ve got an OG Kush 2.0 on the go too. Soil this time since my Grobo is busy growing a different strain. I’ll keep you posted on her progress if you want. :+1:

6 Likes

@Azuri that would be awesome!! Drain and fill for me tmrw, so I’ll take some more pics too. Your souls grow looks pretty good so far!

4 Likes

Day 73. Holy stretch Batman. For an indica heavy hybrid this one is getting damn tall.

6 Likes

I guessed right… explosive stretch. Looks fantastic :smile:

3 Likes

Hey rain, looking at the leaf structure, she looks more a sativa dominant leggy lady. :scream::dizzy_face::heart_eyes::joy:

3 Likes

@Osage I know! But it’s supposed to be 80/20 indica. Bizarre.

1 Like

They probably mixed the numbers up lol

1 Like

I’ve seen OG Kush often labeled sativa dominate in the past as witnessed by that stretch, happened to mine too.

4 Likes

It’s officially a monster. Day 80 drain and fill day. And a bit of trim after these pics. So many bud sites I can’t even count.

8 Likes

:open_mouth:!

1 Like