Grow Recipe_LSD

First time grower here and need some help…i purchased the below strain from the site linked to your page and noticed it’s not listed as an existing recipe so i picked one that was like it and had a fail…the seed never germinated so i’m having to restart and wanted to get some guidance from the community as to what recipe i should use that is close to what i purchased and any tips as to how to get the seed started…it seemed like it never rooted down into the water and was stuck in the cocopod and the pod was over soaked with water…
thanks in advance and apologies for the ignorance…the learning process is fun though :slight_smile:)

LSD Feminized Marijuana Seeds
45% indica and 55% sativa.

Plant type 45% Indica 55% Sativa
THC Up to 24%
CBD Insignificant amount
Difficulty Easy
Climate Indoors and sunny climate
Plant size Compact
Flowers 8 weeks
Yields 14 to 17 oz per 3x3ft
Taste & Smell Citrus Earthy Sweet
Effects Euphoric Happy Relaxed

2 Likes

You can always submit a ticket to support and ask, but I would guess “Generic Hybrid.”

3 Likes

What @FireGuy said :+1:

1 Like

@hadooj,

• ((#TeamHasGotYouCovered)): :clap:

• ((#StagesInAGrow)): :1234:

• ((#SomeReads)): :open_book:(:eye:)

• ((#Seed)): :egg: ((#Germination)): :seedling: ((#YouTubeVideo)): :video_camera:

• (Bubbler Is working): (Bubbles):

[ https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Starting+From+Seed+How+to+start+Growing+Cannabis ]:

[ Search results for 'youtu.be user:silvergrobo' - AllGrowers Forum | Hydroponics, Harvesting, Cannabis, and more ]:

--

2 Likes

I’m having a rough start to it…this is my 2nd LSD and this one didn’t germinate at all over the 14 days and i followed the instructions with the pod, the water…i’m still not seeing anything sprout…
anyone have any advice and to what could be wrong? I was thinking maybe the humidity could be the issue, or the water be too cold…I don’t really hear the fans kick off in the grobo at all…just the lights…I see the chemicals are going down and i’m using whole house RO water…
any ideas as to what could be going wrong? and any recommendations as to what type of water temp probe and humidifier probe i should purchase so i can track those measures…
my first seed popped and looked good, but than just died…the second one i put in hasn’t even come out of the cocopod…I also have a seed i put into a plant box under lights/tent and it is booming…
I could use some rookie advice as to how I can get this machine working for me…I can walk you thru my steps and we can see where i’m going wrong but i have yet to flower and it’s been over 2 months…thoughts?

So, first question would be the seed in the plant box…same breeder and strain? Germination takes higher temps so if water and ambient temp are too low, everything will be super slow. I like to germinate in a paper towel that way I can see the seed pop and taproot before placing in the pod. I don’t think low humidity would be your issue, all my seedlings have survived at 35% in my Grobo after they popped in the paper towel. Any cheap aquarium thermometer will be fine for the water temp ($10). What is your Grobo air temp? Also, you can always try setting a container of some sort over the pod for humidity if that’s your concern. Also…did you soak your coco pod, squeeze it out, and is your bubbler working?

1 Like

Appreciate the reply.
How do you check the air temp? I have a portable ac unit that could making it cooler but I don’t have a gauge to check water temperature.
I actually do the paper towel method and it works perfect. Once they germinate, I take them out and put them Into a cocopod with the sprout pointing down. I cover it with a corner of the pod, cycle the water, and I pick a generic recipe … it’s been 12 days and nothing. I check it daily to make sure it’s damp and it’s touching the water in the tank and nothing.
I do see the lights going on and off throughout the day but I don’t hear any fans going on at all.
Regarding the seeds In the plant boxes, same seeds, breeder, same strain …
I check the water level and make sure it’s full and I can see the chemicals are getting lower but not sure what else to 2. This is the 2nd time.
My only other option is to clone one that’s growing in a pot and see if that will take but I could use some help or guidance to see how I can get this bad boy working.
Thanks again. Dean

Dean Papa
Director of Global Sales, MSSP, MSP, & GSI
Siemplify
(704) 995-9766

Most people use a ThermPro for temp and humidity (Amazon). I’ve had one seed that wouldn’t root in the pod but twice seems weird…unless the taproot was damaged during placement in the pod, or it got stuck. Fans don’t come on till day 11, and bottles 3,4 and 5 will have no impact on germination and shouldn’t be dispensing till day 11 either. Unless, if they are dispensing on day 1 with your fill, they may be overwhelming the seed with nutrients soaking into the pod and killing it off. I’d submit a support ticket and have them check to make sure everything is operating as it should.

1 Like

We found out the issue was a faulty fan that would allow the processor to overheat so they replaced it and it seems to be working.

1 Like

Growing the same strain(lsd) and real curious how your grow is going? I’ve had a very slow start didn’t germinate till day 8 and has grown very slowly since. All my readings are within range? She’s on day 23 now and this is how she looks

any input would be appreciated. Again very curious how your grow is progressing hopefully your plant is thriving!

1 Like

Turned out my fan was broken and the box kept overheating. I opened a ticket and they replaced it and working great now.
Here’s the latest pic. Learning how to trim so don’t make fun but it’s growing nicely. I did get feedback that they grow tall and may not have been the best choice but so far so good.

1 Like

Thanks for replying, she looks good to me. What recipe are you running and what day are you on? Seeing your plant gives me hope. I would love to follow your grow, hope you post your progress

1 Like

1 Like

Not quite sure what recipe your running, I’m running the generic hybrid recipe and my flowering time is 39 days yours is calling for 90?what is the generic mother hybrid? Excuse my ignorance I’m totally new at this

Looked that recipe up and it’s my understanding that it’s for producing clones by keeping your plant in a constant vegetative state. Not sure if that’s what you’re doing but if not I don’t believe this recipe is optimal for harvesting, then again I could be wrong.

2 Likes

Shit. That’s the one they recommended. Can I change it mid cycle? I need the flower my man :slight_smile:

Dean Papa
Director of Global Sales, MSSP, MSP, & GSI
Siemplify
(704) 995-9766

yes you can change recipes mid cycle. Once you start the new recipe it will probably start in the first stage, germination. So you will need to advance it to the appropriate stage - Flower.

1 Like

Excellent. Any thoughts as to which recipe I should use?
Next time around, I’m going to confirm they have a recipe for the seeds I get.

Rock the Generic Hybrid (Photoperiod) recipe! Looks like your plant is a split mix. Send it to Flower stage right away and that will initiate a 12 on/12 off light cycle, so plan accordingly for that to set it the way you want it to be. Once flower starts it should kick her in to flowering mode ASAP.

Don’t be too concerned if Grobo doesn’t have your recipe… there’s a lot of genetics out there that Grobo does not have, but the Generic recipes work great and there’s nothing bad at all about them. Also, the recipes might be specific for strains but your environment is never going to be the same, so it doesn’t always equal meaning a better plant as far as I would imagine? Maybe someone else can chime on that.

3 Likes

Appreciate the consult.

2 Likes