Number of colas

Hey growers! I’ve come to understand that often less is more when growing in a tight space. I’m currently growing a Purple Haze with 12 top sites. I trimmed 2 whole branches off last night, so I had 14!! She already seems to have recovered. If I want to only keep say 8, which branches should I trim off? Do I keep those with a lot of bud sites? Or, I have a couple towards the center with prime light, but they only have one node so far. The canopy is pretty even…not sure? I should mention that she’s on the short side and I’ve extended her in late veg twice. I’m planning on a 3rd after this next trim? She needs some height. Also, can I cut 4 branches off at the same time or stick to 2 at a time? Any advice would be appreciated! I really don’t want to end up with a bunch of popcorn after all this grow time.

6 Likes

@mommyhobby,

• (You Don’t Want Any Popcorn :popcorn: Buds -Then- You Will Clean [WhenIt’sTime :watch:] All -And- Any Side Shoots That Will Come Off The Branch): (You Want Only One Bud-Site Per Branch You Want To Keep):

{:scissors:}:

• (One Cola Site At The Top Of Each Branch, With No Side Shoots From One Branch):

(GrowJournals): (ClickHere):

--

• (You Can Only See :eye::eye: These If They Are Made Public):

ShareYourGrow..1~~ {#Public}:

~~~

@Jaguar,

• (We Have All Been Where You Are Now :wink:): (Look At The Share [GrowJournals] :arrow_up: Above): (Look _:eye: At The Transformation One Plant Goes Through):

• (Basically In Veg Where The Center Keeps Growing More Leaves :leaves: , The Same Place Where You Top :top: , This Is The Place Where The Bud Sites Will Form): (When You Top, You Now Have Made Two Branches That Will Be Bud Site Branches): (Each Level Of This Incredible Plant Has A Leaf -Then- A Bud Site Right Above It): (This Is Known As Your Nodes That You Count :1234: For Topping :top: :scissors:):

• (Right Before Transitioning To Flowers):

• (You See :eye: :eye: The Flowers Now):

• To: (#ILoveThisFlower): :white_flower: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :sparkling_heart: :blossom:

• (From Here She Stacks Up The Branch): {Let It Snow :snowflake: :snowman_with_snow:}:

• (Closer Look :eye: :eye: Of Those Beautiful Flowers): {:blossom: :sparkling_heart: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:}:

~~~

--

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

6 Likes

I say 6 at the most. I didn’t listen to all the advice I read here. I was aiming for 8 and all a sudden on the stretch I lost control and that turned into 20. My next run I’ll top and only let those 2 grow, when they reach flower I should have around 8 really good ones.
Look at my startkiller thread and check it out what happened.
Another mistake was extending veg a couple of weeks to reach second fan, that led me to all my top growing on the ceiling of the grobo.

2 Likes