Should i trim at this stage?

Hi everyone,
This is the 8th day of late veg, but i extended it an additional week for now. My question is should i lolipop or trim the big main fan leaves on each corner? I have 4 that are taking up light from everything underneath. Is it too early or do you guys thinks my plant can handle it? Maybe do two this week and two next week to not stress it out too much. Idk, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

2 Likes

Trim that bad boy.

1 Like

When you say trim does that mean remove the whole branch or just cut off most of the large leaves? Mine is at a similar stage and I’m afraid that I will cut of bud sites…at this point I don’t even know where those are…

2 Likes

I want to cut off just the 4 biggest leaves where the branch starts. Was thinking of doing two this week and two next week. I just dont know if the plant is strong or big enough. Everywhere i read says to cut in veg but the leave branches are pretty thick.

1 Like

Just the leaves

2 Likes

So just the fan leaves, not the stem as well?

2 Likes

Yea all the big ones :point_up:t4: for now :+1:t2::dash::seedling:

3 Likes

Only fan leaves for now!

3 Likes

So i just jumped in and trimed the 4 main fan leaves for now. Next week ill do a little more. This is whawhat it looks like now.

4 Likes

:fist_right:

You could go a little further with the largest fans :wink:

The main purpose is to allow light to reach the smaller lower growth & encurridge your possible Pistlis, Nodes & Finally Big Bud :+1:
Or that’s the aim anyway bud :fist_right:!:rofl:!

Happy :seedling::seedling::seedling:

4 Likes

Agreed i just dont want to cut too much in a short peruod and stress out the plant or kill it. But yeah maybe after the water change tomorrow or Friday ill cut the other large ones

3 Likes

@Akira6063,

• (#TeamHasGotYouCovered): {:green_thumb:}:

- - - [2021-08.13]:

@Akira6063,

• (In Fact I Just Found Out Why Here):

• [Algaecide? - #2 by SilverGrobo]: {“algae doesn’t grow on dry surfaces, and preventing as much light as possible from reaching your nutrient solution can help minimize the risk of an algae outbreak”}:

• (#TheMoreYouKNow): {:wink: :brain:}:

- - - [2021-08.20]:

@Akira6063,

--

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

3 Likes

Just changed the water and put 2ml of hydroguard in their. I gotta say those roots look super clean!

5 Likes

I agree :+1: happy growing!

2 Likes

Roots don’t like the light. I would refrain from pics of them and opening your res unless you suspect a problem, just a tip.

4 Likes