Kush "n" Cookies

Thanks @Russel_Richardson, I planned to give it another week, was just waiting to see what it looked like at the end of flower to see if it needed just one or two weeks more! Smello vision would have been a gas!

2 Likes

My last one ended up needing 2 weeks but I just did it week by week.
I figured you knew all this anyway seeing all of our grows :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I do try to pay attention! :eyes::seedling: I love to learn and I’ve learned a lot from you during my time on allgrowers! So even if I think I know, no advice falls on death ears. Thank you!

2 Likes

Question: have you ever grown buds half as thick in your grobo? Curious! Gotta figure out how to fatten mine up within the grobo!

3 Likes

Lol sadly no. That was some of my outdoor from 2 years ago. I too want to get more out of my buds but I really don’t want to have to add anything to the set up.

3 Likes

@Bplatinum9,

((#FlawlessFinish)):

https://www.allgrowers.com/search?q=flawlessfinish%20

https://www.allgrowers.com/search?q=flawless%20finish%20

--

Tell you the Truth: ((#IAmClueless)): :laughing:

Just saying this is the fattest bud we ever got in the Grobo and we used Flawless Finish on this plant:

--

No, but we may want to order this and ((#ThankYou)): :wink::green_thumb:

--

You are going to have a nice Finish: :record_button::cinema::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::sparkling_heart:

--

((#Harvest)): :clap:

((#NiceFinishIndeed)): :green_thumb:

--

:wink::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::sparkling_heart:

((#Curing)):

https://www.allgrowers.com/search?q=curing%20

Azuri Champion

((#ChampionGotYouCovered)): :clap:

--

:wink:

((#Blush)): :blush:

--

5 Likes

Any one experiment with adding supplements during the last 2-3 weeks before harvest in order to increase density?

I was looking into Blackstrap Molasses 1/2 tsp per gallon.

3 Likes

Question: How does flawless finish fatten up buds if it used during flush?

2 Likes

To my knowledge I believe Flawless Finish doesn’t necessarily beefs up your buds. It’s main purpose is to strip nutrients and other impurities in order to have a cleaner product.
To fatten your buds you’ll need a product that will add sugar, amino acids, phosphorus, potassium, etc.
I mentioned Blackstrap Molasses because it’s a cheap alternative to some mega bloom supplement, but the more I read it may not be good for hydroponic use.

4 Likes

With my trials of hitting the plant with a heavy duty airflow in my previous two grows it made a world of difference in terms of finish. The only drawback was having the door open (which led me to purchase the battery operated fan to leave in the unit). I still hit my current plant daily with the heavy duty fan to help provide the plant with some additional heavy air flow and “stress” if you will, but for a much shorter period (15-20 minutes). She’s loving it and most definitely has contributed Again, I will stress it’s seems in my experience/working environment that the additional airflow is imperative to achieving larger volume biomass in the Grobo. Not suggesting you take this route with your plant, however, I wanted to share my experience and results. It just might be the safest/least invasive approach with you being so close to the finish line!

Plant seems to be trending in the right direction! :white_check_mark: excited to see your harvest :seedling:

7 Likes

I have had an inside fan since early veg are you using something with more power than what I have?

6 Likes

I agree! I was trying to find out what @SilverGrobo was eluding to because she always has great information and I wanted to be sure I understood her visual.

3 Likes

Here’s what my setup first looked liked and from there I started to refine more efficient/effective approaches

4 Likes

So, do you think it would help to add another fan same size as the one I have?

3 Likes

That’s going to be for you to determine! I’ve not gone that far to place two devices within the unit, however, I’d focus on placing the fans on the bottom (if you have the room) if you decide to do so. Let as much light as possible hit the bud sites, the airflow from below “should” be plenty, but as I mentioned I still take time once a day to hit the plant with the heavy fan for a short period with the door open. It’s all a give and take with these methods inside the Grobo.

3 Likes

@Rich,
I first put it up top but changed it to the bottom after I read your post! Let’s check back in a weeks time to see if there is a difference. :eyes::seedling:

4 Likes

I did the same thing with my last grow, added a fan on the bottom, has 4 speeds too which is nice. Different strains but the addition of the fan I think helped like you suggested.

I look at my plant outside (when it was still growing) and the wind is really moving them around whereas in the Grobo the leaves are just rustling at best and then when you get your canopy above the fans now what? Lol. So I believe @Rich is onto something. Which is why, when ready, I’ll be adding the fan in again. It lasts for at least 16 hours on the second speed and 12 on the third which is pretty breezy. But yeah I too always have mine on the bottom blowing diagonally up so the air bounces around

5 Likes

All I can say is when I added the heavy fan it seems to have increased volumes across the plant as a whole. Growth was developing at a much faster rate with regards to trimming/defoliation once the fan was introduced on a regular basis.

It’s funny you mentioned the plant growing taller than the fans, that’s what made me introduce the heavy fan. There was ZERO movement up top and I was thinking there was no way these were gonna grow like this. I was like this plant needs some movement! Haha. Once I did that I could tell this was the secret weapon I was looking for! The heavy fan I use really helps those stocks move around and “experience” outdoor like wind :dash: conditions which have help develop the large thick bases on my last (3) plants :seedling:

My thing is being as less invasive as possible when it comes to “adding” things to the Grobo. However, this just being some airflow seems to be a safe bet if you’re looking to add a little something to the plant. As always, all results will vary. Just sharing my experiences.

5 Likes

Yeah and you talking about adding one and someone else I thought had their unit open as well with an oscillating fan made me want to add one too. It just makes sense, the plant thrives with it I believe as well. Encouraging stress we’ll call it lol

Of all the additional things to add on the inside I wouldn’t think another fan would negatively impact the grow either.

3 Likes

Stress Encouragement 101. Hahaha.

4 Likes