Kush "n" Cookies

So, do you think it would help to add another fan same size as the one I have?

3 Likes

That’s going to be for you to determine! I’ve not gone that far to place two devices within the unit, however, I’d focus on placing the fans on the bottom (if you have the room) if you decide to do so. Let as much light as possible hit the bud sites, the airflow from below “should” be plenty, but as I mentioned I still take time once a day to hit the plant with the heavy fan for a short period with the door open. It’s all a give and take with these methods inside the Grobo.

3 Likes

@Rich,
I first put it up top but changed it to the bottom after I read your post! Let’s check back in a weeks time to see if there is a difference. :eyes::seedling:

4 Likes

I did the same thing with my last grow, added a fan on the bottom, has 4 speeds too which is nice. Different strains but the addition of the fan I think helped like you suggested.

I look at my plant outside (when it was still growing) and the wind is really moving them around whereas in the Grobo the leaves are just rustling at best and then when you get your canopy above the fans now what? Lol. So I believe @Rich is onto something. Which is why, when ready, I’ll be adding the fan in again. It lasts for at least 16 hours on the second speed and 12 on the third which is pretty breezy. But yeah I too always have mine on the bottom blowing diagonally up so the air bounces around

5 Likes

All I can say is when I added the heavy fan it seems to have increased volumes across the plant as a whole. Growth was developing at a much faster rate with regards to trimming/defoliation once the fan was introduced on a regular basis.

It’s funny you mentioned the plant growing taller than the fans, that’s what made me introduce the heavy fan. There was ZERO movement up top and I was thinking there was no way these were gonna grow like this. I was like this plant needs some movement! Haha. Once I did that I could tell this was the secret weapon I was looking for! The heavy fan I use really helps those stocks move around and “experience” outdoor like wind :dash: conditions which have help develop the large thick bases on my last (3) plants :seedling:

My thing is being as less invasive as possible when it comes to “adding” things to the Grobo. However, this just being some airflow seems to be a safe bet if you’re looking to add a little something to the plant. As always, all results will vary. Just sharing my experiences.

5 Likes

Yeah and you talking about adding one and someone else I thought had their unit open as well with an oscillating fan made me want to add one too. It just makes sense, the plant thrives with it I believe as well. Encouraging stress we’ll call it lol

Of all the additional things to add on the inside I wouldn’t think another fan would negatively impact the grow either.

3 Likes

Stress Encouragement 101. Hahaha.

4 Likes

I thought I was doing too much when I added the first fan after early veg but I didn’t want the air to be stale in there. My plant just seems really short to me and buds arent thick enough for the time I have left. ( 6 days).

4 Likes

The airflow is going to help spread the pollen and shake those branches and vibrate those buds around forcing biomass growth.

Have you been checking your trichomes to see where they are? Do you plan to extend the grow by a week?

5 Likes

I bought this thing to check the trichomes and I can’t get a picture, looking for instructions because I’m getting pitch black.
I am going to extend a week in the meantime!

2 Likes

Hey Rich :call_me_hand:t3: I just started opening my unit and using a Fan for 20-30 minutes on my plant. I was wondering what the speed should be. I know I want to shake the plant but I also don’t want to damage her. I’ve added some photos for reference

6 Likes

After seeing all these pics everyone’s been posting lately, I truly wish I’d invested in the Magnetic Hook Company

4 Likes

@SuperDelic Amazon my friend. That’s where I got mine. Got like a 20 pack for 10-15$ I think

4 Likes

Don’t worry about damaging your plant unless your fan produces hurricane force winds lol. If your that worried just have it on the low setting or pull the fan back👍 Think of the plants outside in the elements. I saw some of the branches of my outdoor plant almost touch the ground during storms, and that was nerve racking to say the least but didn’t lose a single thing

4 Likes

X2 what he said! :point_up:

As for the setting of speed, just find what your comfortable with. I usually use speed 2, however when she has additional growth I’ll use speed 3.

4 Likes

I know right! I already need another pack! I also use it to seal any light leaks that the unit has. ( top/side panel & front where my wires for my fans come out of the unit) the strong ones just suck the panels in.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07T87KTT9/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

2 Likes

Thanks everyone!

4 Likes

Ok I got my microscope to working and I’m 34/38 days into flower. I just added another week even though I think it might be possible that by the end of that 38 days I might have reached a good medium. I’ll let you be the judge.

Here is the plant photos taken by Ipad: (buds still not dense enough).

And here are the photos taken by microscope: (p.s. I did the best I could getting them partially clear).

6 Likes

If I’m going by the chart id say I’m trichomes half clear/cloudy with a few areas being mostly cloudy.

3 Likes

Yeah I’d let it go another week I think still at least, but also taking 10 day flush into account :+1:. Not sure if you did this or not but just take a small clipping and not from the top or near the top, maybe midway let’s say, and put it on a table then take a look at it (I find it a lot easier looking at something stationary) Try to get a piece of budd too opposed to leaf and see what it looks like. The flower exposed to the direct light is going to be slightly more mature that’s why I say to take a piece from lower down. That’s how I’ve been judging my trichomes for the last 5 or so years anyway

5 Likes