Topping Screw Up

Evening all, so I got a little too close when topping my pant and it is clearly showing on the leaves of the two new main colas (see image below). Is this going to cause any negative effects aside from cosmetic abnormality and making my OCD act up?

4 Likes

What do you do in a situation like this?

Good luck dude

1 Like

My topping was sloppy. She forgave me. No hard feelings. Lol. Resilient little flockers.

4 Likes

I had this happen on a potted project I did a couple moths ago, it was only cosmetic :+1:

4 Likes

Was conducting research outside of AG and found that many growers recommend leaving about a 1/4 inch tab when topping. It not only helps avoid accidents like this and also provides improved trunk rigidity making your plant better equipped for training.

5 Likes

:joy: FIM yes!! good Job!
It will Look Funky for Awhile Ugly even :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: one of my most potent plants :seedling: was uglier then that I screwed it up. But it produced some Damn Good Pot… let it happen we are all not pretty!

5 Likes

Yeah I always let it over grow a bit so I don’t FIM. All a part of learning my friend :+1:.

2 Likes

Hey Russel,

Funny thing is I had let it grow out enough to have avoided this. On the advice of another grower I pushed my pruning shears as far down as I could to top her. Upon conducting further research on growweedeasy I read that “Nebula” suggests actually leaving a small tag on top when topping as it not only ensures you don’t FIM but also ads rigidity to your stalk. Will be prepared for my next grow. Thanks for your response as always my man!

5 Likes

Yeah I leave I good 1/8th of an inch nub where I cut mine too :call_me_hand:

3 Likes

@SWSVIC,

• (Not seeing where you cut in this picture):? [But] (I do see your New Shoots): :green_thumb:

• ((#TeamHasGotYouCovered)): :clap:

--

https://www.allgrowers.com/t/introduce-yourself/82/124?u=silvergrobo

• (day.028): (BudzillaOoops Topped+ClippedLeaf): (WhoDidThis): @fuz :shushing_face:

image (StillLoveHim): (AlwaysForgiveHim): (DidNotFazeBudzilla): :wink: :laughing:

Day.028. (5)

https://www.allgrowers.com/t/budzilla-hybrid-grows/1598/16?u=silvergrobo

--

• (Maybe I Will Try The Nub Leaving Deal Next Run If I Think [:thinking: :brain: :laughing:] Of It Next Time): :green_thumb:

--

--

4 Likes

@SilverGrobo
Was just showing the augmented new growth from me being “scissor happy” :joy: the actual topping cut looks great aside from being perfectly flush with the top of the trunk. Now I know better!

3 Likes