Gen 2's are arriving! Here's the plan

Hey Growers,

Here is the update to the update!

Repair kits are going out starting today for anyone that has reported to our support team that they have a short grey cable or a short water level sensor cord. If you haven’t reached out yet, please email the team at support@grobo.io and we will get you set up with the correct parts.

The good news is that we’ve determined that the door hinges are the correct hardware, so no need to wait to get your door on. Simply give the top hinge a gentle tap with a hammer and it will pop through the top hole.

Seeing new Gen 2 units starting to come online and begin growing is super exciting!

Kindly,
Stephen

1 Like

I just put my door on, hammered it twice, went right in. FWIW, watch out if you close it, as you need to plug the Grobo 2 in to get the door open again. :rofl:

1 Like

- - - [2021-11.16]:

ForAllToSee..~~ (2)

@DetailOriented,

• (#Welcome): :wave:t4: :wink:

• (Looks_ :eyes: Like They Need A Better Inspection_ :mag: Crew To Quality Inspect Their Work, -Before- It Goes Out The Door_ :door:): (Better Informing Your Team At Grobo What Is Coming, -And- Mark_ :pen: Your Work Boxes With Colored_ :red_circle: Tags_ :red_square: That Belong Together On The Project): (Mark All Bins To Get It Right The First_ :one: Time_ :timer_clock:): (I’m Trying To Help You Out): (Use Paper Check_ :white_check_mark: List): (Sign Your Names To Them, Check_ :white_check_mark: For Each Item): (Date Them As They Finish): (I’m Just Saying_ :speaking_head:): {:wink:}:

• (Make Me Proud People Of Grobo_ :groboone:, I Know You Can): {:smiley:}:

• image = New Gen2 Gear Lot #2021 :green_circle:

• image = Old Gen1 Gear Lot #2020 :large_blue_circle:

• (It Doesn’t Take Much To Get The Job Done Right): {:green_thumb:}:

--

:wink::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::groboone::green_thumb:

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

1 Like

@Stephen Thanks, I received my parts and am in the final steps and should be up soon. :grinning:

I wanted to ask about the bottle caps, as they now only have 1 hole not 2 with the extra air hole. Only wanted to mention it as I thought 2 was normal?

1 Like

@Stephen Also where do the ph and ec probes go? There is 0 instruction on where to put them.

If they go into the bottom of the water shield, then wouldn’t I have to remove it again, remove the outlet hoses it said to install, put her probes in and then redo everything I already did? Redo steps 23, 24, 25 and 26 once I ever install the probe and no where does it tell you what to do with it?

1 Like

EDIT: It does say somewhere in the Grobo app where to install them. Something should be noted in the instructions I think, as I had to take all the tubes out to remove the water shield to put the probes in. Now I have to put the tubes back in again.

Hey @TheDogMan,

Great feedback, I must have missed this step in the setup video. They do indeed install at the bottom of the wls shield. There is a hole for each. They lay horizontally.

Let me see if I can shoot another piece of video next week to fix this part up for ya’ll!

Cheers,
Stephen

2 Likes

The probes fall out every time I try to put it in. I did get them to semi stay sort of. I did fix this so it is normal now.

1 Like

Also the drain tube with the metal filter does not even come close to the bottom of the tank as a water sensor and probes are in the way. So about 2 inches will never drain unless I move the drain hose outside the water shield where it can hit the bottom.

Up and running Grobo 1 and Grobo 2. :grinning:

White Widow about 3 week out in the Grobo 1 and just started Do Si Dos in the Grobo 2 today. I do need to watch this at first as it was not the exact Barneys Farm recipe.

1 Like

I’m stuck on calibrating ph probe just keeps loading doent say anything

1 Like

I might also put something on the website that the Grobo 2 uses the newer peat pod setup. It is is a good thing I think, but old Grobo users like me might be confused :grinning: as I even bought a few more pods a few week back and didn’t order anything that fits the Grobo 2. I also did not know how to use the new setup, know its not hard, just more than popping in a pod like the older way. Mine fell in the tank a few times trying to get it to stay in. :rofl:

1 Like

I think we need to start looking at alternative solutions to holding the fan up, as mine already fell and has only been up since last night. One of the magnet pieces pulled off the fan, so only 1 is holding it. I did push it back on of course, :grinning: but the sticky tape or whatever on the magnet I am not sure can hold this up long term or not.

Here is my fix for the fan not staying up. I used one of the grow straps and wrapped it around the fan, then used that to mount it. No way is it falling now.

1 Like

Hey @joe_Macias,

Try closing the app, then reopen it. Then head over to Settings and About My Grobo to update your Firmware version. Then you should be able to get out of the calibration loop you are experiencing.

If you continue to have issues, please email the team at support@grobo.io

Kindly,
Stephen

1 Like

I’ve done that already but when I log back on app it puts me right back at that step its stuck I can’t go back any steps.

1 Like

Thanks for the update @joe_Macias,

The software team is investigating this now, hang tight!

Kindly,
Stephen

1 Like

Ok @joe_Macias,

Looks like we’ve identified a bug that we are currently squashing. In an hour or two can you try to update the app again? Close/Open should do it.

Cheers,
Stephen

Can do!

1 Like

Looks like I might be having the water level problem someone else mentioned. I woke up to a dead dry seed and water level says fine, but waaaayyyyyyyyyyyyy to low, possibly 3-5 inches below where it should be? It will never hit the pod, not even close. Sticking my fingers in the hole :grinning: and far as I could get them in and hardly hit the water.

Not about to waste another seed, Need to make sure it is right.