First grow "White Widow"

You need to start super cropping for sure

2 Likes

Did you purchase any supports when you bought your grobo?
I use them to lst/supercrop the light way.

Use them to bend the branches down and around the walls of the grobo in circle form so they still have plenty of room to grow.
Uou can also use a scrogg up top to stop them from hitting the light as much.

3 Likes

Yes I have those and I’m already using them for that purpose. @Bplatinum9

3 Likes

I need to look up info on super cropping @Russel_Richardson When should this be performed?

1 Like

Oh my bad! So you want to do your taller branches. I would go down maybe 6"-8" and what you want to do is pinch the stalk and soften it up, I pinch in the same spot but kinda rotate around that spot if you get what I’m saying. And then you want to slowly bend it to a 90 degree. You may want to just have something keep it that way until she recovers so it doesn’t shoot back up once a knuckle forms on the affected area, if you don’t you just may need to do it again which happened on my last grow lol. Also bend your branches in a circle so they don’t overlap eachother. Then you can maneuver your other branches around what you’ve done to make sure they’re still getting light. I would do this now to your tallest branches. The earlier the better so it has time to recover and focus on flower growth

2 Likes

@Fresh,

[Pruning and topping your plant to increase yield][SuperCroppingToo]

--

((#ChampionsGotYouCovered)): :clap:

https://www.allgrowers.com/t/first-grow-white-widow/5232/80?u=silvergrobo

((#TooTall)): :giraffe:

((#PinchTwistBendRepeat)): (Looks like I will have to do the same myself on this grow):

--

((#YouAreDoingAGreatJob)): :green_thumb:

--

3 Likes

Day 77. 11/39 Flower. I have super cropped her and she is stretching again! Super cropped some again this morning! Any advice appreciated.
@Russel_Richardson @Bplatinum9 @chris_barfield @Todd.grobo @SilverGrobo image image image

2 Likes

Me personally with my experience would terminate. There are other options but you got lots more to chop off

You’ve probably got a couple record-setting fan leaves there – one of them seems to spread almost the entire width of the unit?!

I agree with Todd she’s not going to stop stretching. Need to bend her at much lower points and/or just chop off some of the tops entirely and focus on lower buds giving them room to stretch. Might be a bit too late for that if she’s already started flowering a lot though.

If you continue without doing much but bending the very tops, the yield will suffer for one reason or another and depending how much stress is needed to bend/crop it away from being burnt that’ll slow it down even more so (time to heal), which is why the recommendation is to terminate and not waste any more nutes than you have to. It’ll also be much more thirsty since it’s larger which will drain the water/nutes even faster. It’s a compounding problem. Even just having more fan leaves means more to prune which adds to the stress and delays (and overall nutrient consumption). Those are the things to consider, really.

I would probably just chop the tops off and focus on remainder (leaving room to stretch a bit) but can’t say for certain if that’s actually the best thing to do.

2 Likes

Are those pics after you super cropped again? And when you do are they stay at 90 degrees? If not you’ll have to use something to keep it at that 90 until she recovers or it’ll just pick back up again.
Todd may be right on this one though if she wont stop you’re not going to get much or anything due to the burning on the top. Idk how she would take to cutting all the tops off. Could work but might shock her and might affect things too. Have you pushed the coco pod down at all? Won’t help much but might give you and inch or two :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

Drop the pod, buy some supports and magnetic hooks, trail the hooks along the wall in a circle around the wall of the grobo and hook your branches under the hooks with the hook part facing down so she doesn’t wiggle out.
Making sure to not break, you can use your supports to hold the plant down until you can get them under the hooks without having to break.
Or
Use a scrogg at the top before you get close to the light and bend them under the scrogg.
Or
Take the plant out if possible and finish the grow in a tent or outside.

3 Likes

You have to super crop and tie down … if I were I’d super crop all those big branches again and tie them so they stay sideways… the buds will
Slowly face upward over the next few days …

You also need to trim the hell out her too many leaves for that space your gunna run the risk of PM

2 Likes

I did super crop it again this morning and tied it down. I will do a little trimming tommorrow!

2 Likes

Trimmed her up this morning! She is all tied down and pod is as far as it will go down. She has been very resilient! I just want to see her thru to harvest. I really appreciate all the insight!

@chris_barfield @Todd.grobo @Russel_Richardson
@Bplatinum9 @SilverGrobo

7 Likes

Just a little update. Day 91. 26/39 Flower. @Russel_Richardson @chris_barfield @Todd.grobo
@Bplatinum9 @SilverGrobo

7 Likes

Coming along slowly hey. Good stuff

3 Likes

Get you some grobo supports and anchor your branches from direct lighting so they don’t burn.

3 Likes

Day 107. Flower 41/46. Getting close. Don’t have a fancy microscope to show trichcomes but they are cloudy!Using pocket microscope from Grobo. Super sticky to touch too! Buds fattening up and she is reeking!

@chris_barfield @Todd.grobo @Bplatinum9 @SilverGrobo @vegetato

7 Likes

Looks right on time, must be getting excited by now!

3 Likes

Super excited! Pics don’t do justice! One of the colas wrap from back wall all the way around the side and up! It is solid bud too!

6 Likes