First Grow: Skywalker OG Kush

I’m actually more worried about standing it back up. It’s been fallen over for over a week now, the plants redirected growing, and the stem is getting thicker! Plants taking off again! I’m gonna trim off some of the unhealthy fan leaves that are in shadow this weekend.

3 Likes

is that pod 100 % dry?

1 Like

So this sounds like a dumb question, but how can it ever be 100% dry if theres water bubbling underneath it?

Trim all the lower leaves. Give the pod and stem more airflow. Let it breath.

2 Likes

He’s mainly referring to the top half of it, specifically at the base around the stem.

It looks a bit dark still in the center which is probably why he’s asking if it’s totally dry.

Just wipe your finger across the top to check how damp (or wet) your finger gets, can then wipe your finger on a towel or paper to get a better visual of the moisture level if it’s not apparent by looking at finger (aiming to determine: is it overly-wet or barely-wet).

4 Likes

Well, I’ve let myself down Growers!
Lesson 1: Don’t let damping off start
Lesson 2: As soon as it starts, get the plant supported to take weight off stem
Lesson 3: If the plant falls over, immediately lift and straighten. After I took the previous pic 2 days ago I supported the plant by the main branches. The plants growth took off! So all was good. This morning decided to make an adjustment and it fell again, then I struggled to get support back in place and it felt very not supported. Came home to find it had completely wilted in 6 hours.

But look how little of the stem was actually moving nutes and look how beefy it was getting! Damn, a bit more experience and I could had one hell of a plant. Oh well, round 2 starts tonight!

8 Likes

valiant effort. And nyk

2 Likes

Time to start anew!!! Thanks it was a turgid effort and your next grow will be the benefit of all your efforts…serious good effort bro I :thinking: I would of thrown the oars in awhile ago​:sunglasses:

Nothing can stop me she’s growing back up!
Hey friends, decided to pick up close to where I left off! This is about where the first one really started to damp off. I’ve trimmed the first 4 lower fan leaves. She’s looking healthy! Though i may have waited 1 node too long to top, I was out of town for a week.

5 Likes

Side note, hydrogaurd since day 1 AND I pushed the coco pod up once the roots touched down to keep it from absorbing too much water.

3 Likes

Man on a mission😎

2 Likes

Looking pretty good. Could you post a couple more pics of that stem area? Focus on the area where the main stem goes into the cocopod. I just want to make sure we don’t have damping again!

She’s growing like crazy! I don’t see anything negative yet!

5 Likes

I’m guessing during the water change tomorrow morning I should trim off all the fan leaves below the main canopy? Theres not much light gettimg down there lol

2 Likes

Yup. I would. Maybe just 2. Looks healthy

1 Like

I could use some advice on trimming. I didn’t think she was growing much the last few days because the plant wasn’t getting “bigger”. I just realized it was just getting fuller lol. Advice on what I should be trimming out???

4 Likes

Also, I thought it worth noting, the previous grow did not have 9 leaf fan leaves. I’m taking that as a sign this one is healthy

2 Likes

Any leaf with an inch stem or longer like the 3in the photo. Thats enough

2 Likes

Could you clarify? Don’t all the leafs have stems longer than an inch?

20% of the plant (bottom) can be cut and any large fan leaves blocking bud sites can be removed, tucked, scrogged or use supports to hold out of the way.

3 Likes