First Grow: Red Poison

Also it looks like it is only at the first fan height? If so, you may want to switch her back to Late Vegetation. How long has it been in flower/transition? It might be too late to go back at this point.

1 Like

Thanks! It’s on day 4 of flowering. Too late to switch back?

2 Likes

Well day 4 of Flower but it has had the 12/12 light schedule since Day 1 of Transition which was 2 weeks ago. So it’s been in flower for 18 days so far. Hmm, not sure on this one. Maybe a Champion can chime in?

It kinda looks like she is showing signs of flower (white pistils) so it might be too late to go back. Regardless, you can trim those big fan leaves and that will help with the grow. Keep in check with the community here and keep us posted throughout the grows. The recipe’s schedule is more of a general guideline which usually needs tweeking

4 Likes

Ah got it! Yes there are quite a few white pistils.

Good to know about the recipe being a guideline. I’ll keep that in mind for the second grow.

Thanks!

4 Likes

I love the growth pattern of your strain.
Good luck!

4 Likes

@HNM,

• (We Have Been Dedicating The Bottom Of The Second [:two:] Fan For Our Guide To Go Into Transition): (We Will Keep Extending [LateVeg.] Until She Grows This Tall): (Since Your Grow Is Already Starting her Flowers It May put Her In Stress-Mode): (Maybe letting Her Ride It Out Would Be Best For Her): (keep In Mind You may Have Saved Yourself From The [TooTallForTheGroboSindrome]): {:wink:}:

- - -

@HNM,

https://www.allgrowers.com/t/pests/1906/7

https://www.allgrowers.com/t/grobo-plant-1-candy-cane-auto/7686/95

- - -

@OrionsCeiling,

- - -

@HNM,

• ((#Harvesting)): (#Congratulations): :older_woman: :herb: :green_thumb:

--

:older_woman: :herb: :green_thumb:

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

4 Likes

Thanks! It’s covered with flowers so I think that’s a good sign

5 Likes

Pretty girl! She’s stretching up nicely! I love the little budlets!

5 Likes

Update pictures: the flowers are turning purple!

Also I can’t bring myself to throw the trimmings away so they’re now office flowers. Why are more florists not using cannabis leaves as foliage in arrangements? It’s beautiful! image|375x500

5 Likes

Looks really good! I really like the purple coloring! Any idea what are the temps are night vs day?

1 Like

Absolutely no idea. How would one go about measuring this? Is there a thermometer I can buy?

Most growers do put a thermostat and humidistat inside the Grobo so they have an idea what the temps and rh% are. While there are these sensors in the Grobo, we don’t have the data available to us. So that’s why you may see a bunch of ThermPro or Govee monitors.

For a basic model I like the ThermoPro:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01H1R0K68/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

For an enhanced model I like the Govee WiFi Smart monitor:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07FBCTQ3L/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Lowering the temps at night can help bring out the purple in some strains.

1 Like

Really?! Because to be honest I picked the strain because of the purple colour. Purchased. Is it too late to start playing around with the temp for this grow?

2 Likes

Yea, genetics play a big role too. I am growing Purple Haze and have yet to see the purple hues emerge. I’m jealous of your purple!

3 Likes

Haha thanks. I think I’m having really good beginners luck.

To lower temp in Grobo, do I change light settings?

1 Like

Not much you can do by way of temp inside the Grobo. Gotta monitor the room it’s in

1 Like

Ahhhh got it.

1 Like

There’s terrible little flies buzzing around my plant. I’ve been going through the forum - are they gnats? Do I need neem oil?

In good news the buds are getting so big!

5 Likes

Get some neem oil. They populate your root ball, often eat at your roots from the cocoa pod and lay their eggs in there. But fun :frowning: it slows your growth, but buds look nice! Spray with neem oil/water either once or twice a day until you don’t see them any more.

Fungus gnats suck! But they aren’t too hard to get rid of. Where are they populated the most?

2 Likes

Ah! What jerks! The plant is starting to smell amazing today too.

They were mostly in the branches. I just started noticing them today.

1 Like