#2nd Grow Moby Dick by Dinafem

Excited for this one. I’ve never had it but supposedly one of the most psychedelic strains out there… we shall see

12 Likes

Your coco pod is not level with the lid and can cause problems with feed and water.
Do not pull from the bottom, try to push down without damage or disruption to your fragile new grow.

3 Likes

@Bplatinum9 ok! Thank you!

2 Likes

@Chad_Johnson,

((#ItIsAlive)): :innocent: (Congratulations): (:handshake:)

((#IWillWatchYouGrow)): :herb::seedling:(:eyes:)

--

:wink::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::sparkling_heart::baby:

Stephen Stephen (Grobo Team - Horticulturalist)

Week 5 Notification

Are pests invading your plant?

Pests can enter your Grobo by hitchhiking on your clothing or hair. If you are invaded, here are a couple solutions you can employ.

Predator pests - Lady bugs are a great addition to your garden as they will devour thrips & aphids, combating the population.

Foliar spray - You can purchase a miticide/insecticide soap that can be applied via sprayer to the leaves or make your own out of essential oils. Peppermint, cinnamon and garlic have been reported as successful. Neem oil is also an option if used in moderation.

(If you see a problem above you can check out the roots to see if there is anything wrong down there):

--

--

:crossed_fingers: :crossed_fingers:

3 Likes

Day 13. Early veg stage started 3 days ago. Does it look like it’s where it needs to be?20200503_134450|375x500

3 Likes

3 Likes

Plant and roots look healthy!
Is she a photoperiod or an auto?
Remember roots do not like to be exposed to the light.

3 Likes

It’s a photoperiod

1 Like

I may have hit some trouble. I opened my grobo last night to do a mid-week resovior fill and this is what my plant looks like. Do I need to adjust something?

1 Like

Please send in a ticket so support can check your ph.
https://support.grobo.io/hc/en-us/requests/new
In the meantime please take a picture of your nutrient bottles and check to see if the lines are kinked or bent.
Also are you keeping track of nutrients by turning your bottles to the side and using permanent marker after drain and fills?
Did you sanitize your unit correctly and calibrate your probe before starting this grow?

2 Likes

Ok. Thank you. I will put in a ticket. When I get home from work, I will check to make sure I dont have any kinked lines. I didnt mark my bottle levels, but I put brand new nutrient bottles 3,4,and 5 with this grow. I reused 1 and 2 but they were almost 75% full still after my last grow. I use only distilled water so I assume that’s why 1 and 2 weren’t used much last time. I will mark my bottles going forward though. That’s a great idea! I did also sanitize the grobo very well after my last grow and I did recalibrate the probe right before I started this grow.

3 Likes

Good it will make things simpler to pin point if these things have been done.
Let me know what your humidity and water temps are too if you can.

3 Likes

The humidity has been hovering between 45-55%. Air temp has stayed pretty steady around 72 degrees Fahrenheit. I haven’t checked my water temp though.

1 Like

Update: she has still been looking stressed but growing well. I rechecked calibration and everything is good on my side and Grobos side. I shook my plant a few days ago looking for mites and when I did, four small flying bugs came out. I killed them and from the research I’ve done, they appear to most likely be fungus gnats but if anyone can confirm or deny, I would appreciate it. I checked it several more times throughout the day and didnt seen any. Yesterday when I checked it I found 3 that I assume had hatched overnight. Today I killed 2 that also looked freshly hatched. Is there something I can add to the coco pod to kill eggs? Or anything else I should do fix the problem or am I out of luck? I did top it yesterday and its smelling pretty dank already, but obviously don’t want to waste my time if I’m doomed. Thank you!

1 Like

Here is a pic of one of the bugs I killed the 1st day. Its obviously squished a little and hard to see but it was the best pic I could get. Lol.

1 Like

Those are some odd looking leaves🤔. When you’re checking for bugs are you looking under the leaves at all? And not really a way to tell what kind of bug that is to be honest. But yeah next time you look don’t shake and try and lift a leaf slowly to see where they’re coming from.

4 Likes

Do you have a pH meter to check the pH for yourself? (Just to rule that variable out completely)

4 Likes

@Russel_Richardson thank you for the advice. I did try to see and it does appear that they are on the underside. Stephen emailed me and hes pretty confident they are fungus gnats. He advised that I sprinkle some diatomaceous earth on the pod so i did that today. @Hellyesshedid i do not have one but i am going to get one now just to be safe and triple check. Thank you!

4 Likes

Excited to watch this grow. Good luck!

3 Likes

Update! I have been completely bug free for over 48 hrs now! I did a drain and fill today as well as some small trimming. I topped it last week. The new growth coming in already looks healthier. I will have my ph reader by tomorrow so I will double check the ph in my tank to make sure I dont have a bad sensor, but I’m hopeful that the problem is fixed. I’m day 34 (10 of 14 late veg). If anyone sees anything else I should do at this point, please let me know. Thanks everyone!

3 Likes