First Grow: Red Poison

Beyond excited! Day 4 of germination and she’s now a seedling. Wow this is the best way to pass time in lockdown. Honestly, it gives me something to look forward to everyday.

image|375x500

6 Likes

She’s got leaves!

1 Like

Day 30 and she’s this pretty. Is it time to top?

4 Likes

She is looking really good and healthy!

Can you post a few pics of the plant in profile, focusing on the stem so we can see the nodes? Usually you want to top at the 5th node

4 Likes

I agree with @miami5th if you can get a side pic it’s easier for us to tell.

I am counting 5 nodes complete and your plant is working on 6th right now, I’m gonna say you’re in good shape to top. Keep in mind it can stunt your plant anywhere from 24 hours to a couple of days. It’s recommended to do this in the AM hours so it has a full day to recover, and also to couple it with your Drain/Fill day if possible to give fresh nutrients as well. Judging from the Day you said you were on, looks like you just did a drain and fill but topping earlier than later is typically recommended (But not too early, you’re right on time it seems) so waiting until next water change might be a little late and she will waste a lot of energy building vertical growth that will just get chopped.

To put it in comparison, I topped my current grow about 24 hours after I did my water change on Day 22 (topped on Day 23) and she seemed to turn out okay.

You could also do a fresh change if you really wanted to but it would use up more nutrients.

Also, if you haven’t already, I would highly suggest buying extra bottles of #3/#4/#5 right now to have them on hand, you 99.9% will need extra ones by the end of the grow; best to have them on hand than to run out and have some kind of shipping error or availability issue

She’s looking nice btw! Very healthy appearance. Good job!

4 Likes

Looking good. Exactly what @miami5th and @pyromancy said :+1:

2 Likes

Here’s a side profile picture

1 Like

This is super helpful - good call on ordering extra nutrients. I may drain and fill when I top just to be on the safe side.

1 Like

Happy New Year! My plant is on the second day of flowering. Should I trim any of the leaves?

6 Likes

Hey! Totally missed this one! The plant is looking really good and quite bushy. You can trim a few large fan leaves if you’d like. Check it out

2 Likes

Also it looks like it is only at the first fan height? If so, you may want to switch her back to Late Vegetation. How long has it been in flower/transition? It might be too late to go back at this point.

1 Like

Thanks! It’s on day 4 of flowering. Too late to switch back?

2 Likes

Well day 4 of Flower but it has had the 12/12 light schedule since Day 1 of Transition which was 2 weeks ago. So it’s been in flower for 18 days so far. Hmm, not sure on this one. Maybe a Champion can chime in?

It kinda looks like she is showing signs of flower (white pistils) so it might be too late to go back. Regardless, you can trim those big fan leaves and that will help with the grow. Keep in check with the community here and keep us posted throughout the grows. The recipe’s schedule is more of a general guideline which usually needs tweeking

4 Likes

Ah got it! Yes there are quite a few white pistils.

Good to know about the recipe being a guideline. I’ll keep that in mind for the second grow.

Thanks!

4 Likes

I love the growth pattern of your strain.
Good luck!

4 Likes

@HNM,

• (We Have Been Dedicating The Bottom Of The Second [:two:] Fan For Our Guide To Go Into Transition): (We Will Keep Extending [LateVeg.] Until She Grows This Tall): (Since Your Grow Is Already Starting her Flowers It May put Her In Stress-Mode): (Maybe letting Her Ride It Out Would Be Best For Her): (keep In Mind You may Have Saved Yourself From The [TooTallForTheGroboSindrome]): {:wink:}:

- - -

@HNM,

https://www.allgrowers.com/t/pests/1906/7

https://www.allgrowers.com/t/grobo-plant-1-candy-cane-auto/7686/95

- - -

@OrionsCeiling,

- - -

@HNM,

• ((#Harvesting)): (#Congratulations): :older_woman: :herb: :green_thumb:

--

:older_woman: :herb: :green_thumb:

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

4 Likes

Thanks! It’s covered with flowers so I think that’s a good sign

5 Likes

Pretty girl! She’s stretching up nicely! I love the little budlets!

5 Likes

Update pictures: the flowers are turning purple!

Also I can’t bring myself to throw the trimmings away so they’re now office flowers. Why are more florists not using cannabis leaves as foliage in arrangements? It’s beautiful! image|375x500

5 Likes

Looks really good! I really like the purple coloring! Any idea what are the temps are night vs day?

1 Like