[First Grow Ever] Banana Daddy RBX1 by Ethos genetics

She looks good, I would definitely give her a fresh water change ASAP.
It looks like your apex cola bud is much more mature than the rest of the buds below (IMO its about 60% done, I still see plenty of white hairs standing up). I think some light pruning to expose the lower buds to more light will help them mature more. Just only remove the big leaves blocking any light.

I’d say she has about 2 more weeks or so to go.

5 Likes

Hey @OrionsCeiling Unfortunately I don’t have a microscope of any sort to check on the trichomes :sob::sob:

3 Likes

Not really sure which leaves to cut, will it affect the plant which I cut?

4 Likes

@joreyes1115

You can gauge by the red hair coverage. I normally start flushing when red hairs are around 70%-80% coverage.

You can use this guide to get a visual age of your plant and get an idea of when to flush and harvest

2 Likes

@Vicc hey just wondering if these are okay to cut?
Thanks

3 Likes

Yes you got it

2 Likes

Some closeups after I cut some leaves down

8 Likes

She looks tasty just a few more weeks :yum:

6 Likes

Hey @Vicc just curious because I noticed on other posts that the grobo has a purple light. I have yet to notice any purple light from my grobo during the flowering stage, is that normal? My light has been white for the most part.
The last pic is of the grobo without the natural light on

4 Likes

That looks purple enough to me. One way I tested to see if my red spectrum was working (just as an experiment) was take a picture of the normal Grobo light with flash on my camera. I saw red streaks and blue streaks in the photo, so I felt both spectrums were okay.

Everyone’s cameras react differently to the LEDs I think is what I’ve come to notice.

Let me know if someone thinks otherwise though… Like I said, I was worried my spectrum wasn’t working right myself here in Flower.

4 Likes

It’s funny because really looking back at the pictures it does look purple but when looking at the machine it looks more like white light but I don’t doubt it is purple!

@Vicc @OrionsCeiling @pyromancy
This is the last day of flower, should I extend it or give it another week?

6 Likes

Personally I’d extend a week and then when I feel ready I’d send it in to flush. I don’t see much amber and those buds look like they could swell some more with added nutrients. Take it day by day at this point

Another week might do your lower buds some good and give added weight to your tops

3 Likes

I’d extend her for another week or 2. She still has time to dense up and mature more. Her hairs are still standing up and there are plenty of white hairs still. I normally shoot for 70-80% red hair coverage before flushing.

If you have a microscope you take a look at her trichome maturity and decide how ripe you want our flowers.

Do you like your weed more on the racy or sedative side?

6 Likes

Thanks for the input @Vicc and @OrionsCeiling.
I will be extending and adding more nutrients as well. I’m just a little worried because my #1 bottle is almost out, I’m hoping it gives till flush.
@Vicc I like mines kind of in the middle but more on the racy side!
Thanks!

4 Likes

If more on the racy side then I would wait until red hair coverage are around 60-70% before flushing .

Be sure to always have spare bottles on hand, it would really suck to run out towards the end of your run.

The hairs will stop standing up and stick to the buds when it’s closer to being ready.

4 Likes

@Vicc @OrionsCeiling Just wondering if anyone might know why the top leaves are drooping so much?
Thanks

6 Likes

Usually drooping is due to the plant being thirsty. Is your water topped off?

8 Likes

I’m with @OrionsCeiling. At this point, you should be topping your water off daily to ensure she has enough water.

8 Likes

Ohhhhh that makes a lot of sense, I have not been topping daily but I will be doing so moving forward… thanks @OrionsCeiling and @Vicc

6 Likes