Everything Flora Flex

Ok wasnt able to complete the dehumidifier set up due to the size of the hose needed, I have to make a trip to the hardware store.
I was able to complete the lights being hung and the scrog.
Now comes the hard parts…

3 Likes

Anybody know how to hook up a fixed flow pump to a 20 gallon reservoir?

1 Like

Is it possible to hook up my quick disconnect pipe system without putting a whole in my grow tray?

1 Like

Hooked up the flex lines that run to the pots and quick connect.
All that’s Ieft is the pump and the quick connect pipe line to the reservoir.
Any suggestions!

3 Likes

I’m stuck!
I can connect the air pump with the floraflex quick Connect but then what do I do if there is ever any overflow in the tray?
Or I need to empty the reservoir?
Not sure how to settle these issues without drilling holes in my tray for drainage, because I don’t plan to have my tray sit over my reservoir.
I’d like to keep my plants closer to the ground because I couldn’t use my grow tent extension and I’m short.
So how do I make this system recirculate side by side?or is that necessary?
Where is @chris_barfield when you need him? Lol!

4 Likes

I don’t plan on recirculate my nutes from my leach tray. My plan is to install a pump to pump to a leach storage tank and manual empty it when full.

You can recirculate your leach back to the reservoir tank but for me it’s to risky… Nutes can go off balance and Ph also… I just don’t want to deal with it. I have purchased a water timer I plan to do many small shots of water.

This is my plan for a starting point

Week 1 veg - Expand cubes with low strength nutrient feeding and max recommended strength cal/mag.

Let the pots dry to about 20% of the volume and then water again until runoff(2-5%). The first watering after expanding the cubes will typically take 5-7 days depending on temp and humidity in the tent. Higher temps will make the pots dry out faster.

Until the roots have begin to fill in the pots you will want to continue to let the coco dry down to around 20% between waterings. Typically every other day at this point.

Once you have established a solid root system you will want to be frequently watering while the lights are on 300-500ml shots. This can range from 4-10 times per day. It is very important that you do not let the plants dry out too much while the lights are on at this stage and increase number of waterings as needed.

Begin waterings 2 hours after the lights come on and stop 2 hours before the lights cut off.

A typical watering schedule might look like:

Watering 1 - 2 hours after lights come on
Watering 2 - 3 hours after lights come on
Watering 3 - 4 hours after lights come on
Watering 4 - 6 hours after lights come on(should see little run off at this point)
Watering 5 - 8 hours after lights come on(should see a little more run off at this point.)

Environment and strain grow will play huge factors in actual times the plants need to be watered.

I know this doesn’t answer your question 100% but I don’t have the kit yet to be able to help more yet on the install side.

This is the timer I bought

4 Likes

Thanks for replying and giving me something to think about.
I may just end up buying a shop vac incase I have to empty the tray or reservoir.
I’m not a fan of recycling old nutes either, but the only hookups for tray & reservoir are the EBB & Flow.
I had the water feed on the same timer as my lights but nothing is plugged in yet until I learn how often I’m gonna need to run everything.

I’m getting closer but im just stuck on this part. I considered moving forward but once I dump 20gallons of water in that reservoir its no turning back!

2 Likes

Don’t stress about it

1 Like

All you have to do is buy some cinder blocks out the reservoir on top… then cut a whole in the specified spot in the reservoir … let the water drain out into a bucket under the res or do I what I do and connect a pump to the drain and suck all the water out and get rid of it

1 Like

Shop vac is a short term solution you will have to feed multiple times a day and won’t find the time to vac it up all the time

2 Likes

No drains in my basement at all.
Stressing because I don’t want to cut holes in the tray or reservoir.
Can I just connect the pump to the quick connect and suck out water with wet vac if I ever need to drain?

1 Like

When I say drain I mean the spot in the flood tray … so if you connect a pump to that you can have the pump take the water away into a bucket than you can dispose of however you like…

To be real using a flood tray there’s no efficient way to get around removing the runoff water…

You can shop vac but when you get up to 5-6 watering a day… that’s a lot of run off multiple times a day so that would mean you’d have to be available everyday during flower

Also isn’t the tray supposed to be higher than the reservoir?

1 Like

Not necessarily… based on your picture the setup you have is short… the water pump should be able to move the water without issue in your setup

1 Like

Now I’m even more confused!

1 Like

Let me know which part your confused about maybe I can explain it better @Bplatinum9

Ok so I’m gonna hook the quick connect to the pump inside the reservoir.
Then I need to cut a hole in the tray to add a valve that can release water from the tray into a bucket that I will have to carry up and down the basement stairs everyday?

1 Like

P.s. I would have to also raise the flood tray to do that right?

1 Like

First question… yes second question yes you might have to haul water up the stairs … if you don’t want to raise the flood tray too high use cinder blocks … I would go with how I did it… my flood tray Is on four cinder blocks … I drilled a whole in the front of the tray to hold the bubbler… I then drilled a hole in the specified drain hole and connected a drain … then attached a water line to that drainage … that water line is connected to the pump that came with floraflex kit and that pumps the water to a bucket that I then dispose of

1 Like

I have got to find a better way then lugging water up and down basement stairs I’m 52 years old and have heart problems.
Maybe instead of a bucket I could use a large rubber maid with a spout/shut off valve, so I can fill a bucket with smaller portions when going up and down stairs and less frequent.

1 Like