Everything Flora Flex

Also isn’t the tray supposed to be higher than the reservoir?

1 Like

Not necessarily… based on your picture the setup you have is short… the water pump should be able to move the water without issue in your setup

1 Like

Now I’m even more confused!

1 Like

Let me know which part your confused about maybe I can explain it better @Bplatinum9

Ok so I’m gonna hook the quick connect to the pump inside the reservoir.
Then I need to cut a hole in the tray to add a valve that can release water from the tray into a bucket that I will have to carry up and down the basement stairs everyday?

1 Like

P.s. I would have to also raise the flood tray to do that right?

1 Like

First question… yes second question yes you might have to haul water up the stairs … if you don’t want to raise the flood tray too high use cinder blocks … I would go with how I did it… my flood tray Is on four cinder blocks … I drilled a whole in the front of the tray to hold the bubbler… I then drilled a hole in the specified drain hole and connected a drain … then attached a water line to that drainage … that water line is connected to the pump that came with floraflex kit and that pumps the water to a bucket that I then dispose of

1 Like

I have got to find a better way then lugging water up and down basement stairs I’m 52 years old and have heart problems.
Maybe instead of a bucket I could use a large rubber maid with a spout/shut off valve, so I can fill a bucket with smaller portions when going up and down stairs and less frequent.

1 Like

@chris_barfield, :interrobang: how much run off are you getting using the floraflex drip system? Shouldn’t the tray be kinda dry? Especially with the lights being on?
Unless the water just runs straight through the coco or your feeding to much water through the lines at once?

1 Like

I’m not sure I understand what you mean about the tray needs to be dry… run off amount is entirely up to you… I like a lot of runoff to ensure there isn’t salt build up… but doing it my way you can still choose how much run off you are making as well the size bucket you want to run up the stairs … I mean based on your setup there’s no way around being the run off water you the stairs

Is there a way to just recirculate the water?

1 Like

drain right back into the res… you can do that for sure … for me I don’t like to cuz the tray gets dirty especially if you are using bennies and bacteria … that dirt and what not ends up back into your res …also you have to change water at some point like once a week doing that so you’d still have to go up and down

1 Like

Thanks so much for the info! I will take another shot at completing this project this weekend!

Finally finished had to take a moment because my grandmother past away and I had a bad case of vertigo all weekend.

If you see anything that needs fixed or adjusting speak up before I add water to this project.

So I put the tray up on bricks like @chris_barfield suggested.
Added a drain underneath that a hose can be hooked to let water out of tray either via bucket or the green tote on the side of the tent.
Only flaw I see so far with that is the drain I chose doesn’t sit flush enough to let all the water out…

3 Likes

I hooked the hose to the back of the dehumidifier to drain into a bucket that can be emptied every couple days instead of everyday.

5 Likes

I also couldn’t find a permanent fix for connecting my quick connect to the tray.
I just used velcro for now!

5 Likes

Sorry to hear about your grandmother Bobbie

1 Like

2 Likes

Question: @chris_barfield
Can you teach me how to properly use the floraflex nutrients?

P.s. Whats starting water of EC mean and NPK?

Which formula did you choose to go by ( original, mild, aggressive, super aggressive, or seedling)?

2 Likes

I’m not sure what formula you should use but I can answer a couple of questions here

NPK stands for nitrogen, phosphorus, and potassium

EC Stands for electrical conductivity (This is how stronger your nutes are)

2 Likes